Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: schedule for next year can lead to alosing year again.

1. -11
    I Don't Play . .That's Y I Failed P.E.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Liquordale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Nintendo LogoDolphin2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by hugoguzman View Post
    As I've mentioned in the other threads, there are simply way too many variables that could impact that strength of schedule next year (injuries, free agency, draft, ascending players, players in decline, etc...)

For all we know, the 2009 schedule could end up being softer than the 2008 version.
    Yep

Steve Smith gets hurt
    Matt Ryan regresses
    Tampa can't get over losing Kiffin
    Saints continue underachieving
    Colts still have injuries
    Jags dont improve

I mean this is very true . . . because this schedule looked difficult at first . . . . everybody knew Arizona would be tuff . . . . but hell we all thought St. Louis, San Fran and Seattle would be tuff games.

Denver and San Diego

The only real gimme on the schedule we thought was maybe @ KC . . . but that looked to be one of our tougher games as the season went on.

Anything is possible.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    I Don't Play . .That's Y I Failed P.E.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Liquordale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Nintendo LogoDolphin2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by CaSh View Post
    I lol @ you for thinking Pennington won't start next year.
    Not crazy to think that . . . . BP/Ireland loves Henne . . . .that QB spot is an open competition.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Goodness Gracious Great Balls of Fire

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Chapel Hill, NC/ Sunrise, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Teams go up and down. Nobody knows how good someone's going to be. Everyone penciled us in as a win this year, and 11 times those teams were wrong.
    North Carolina Tar Heels
    NCAA Men's Basketball
    National Champions
    1924, 1957, 1982, 1993, 2005, 2009
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Galloway, NJ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SR 7 View Post
    guys now that the season is over, dont get upset but next year can be a BRUTAL year and a losing year as well.

almost evreyone we are playing has a top 10 defense and a very good offense. If we dont improve our offensive line, our passing game espeically with Henne coming in hopefully we are in for another balt time of loss but for the year.

u are talking about texans, pitts, colts, pats with brady, jags, panthers, tampa etc. thats a disaster waiting to happen. So now that we enjoyed a good fun year i hope it didnt end this year cuz next year w/out much talent upgrade we are doomed so to say.
    Way too early to start thinking that way. Yes we have what looks like a more difficult schedule. And yes being in first place in the AFC East will also get us the First place scheduling, but we have no idea on how any team looks. First there is no guarantee Brady will be back with the Pats. We don't know what free agency will bring, we don't know about the draft.

After we lick our wounds from today, we can sit back and enjoy this season a little bit. Nobody thought we would come this far. Another year of Sparano, another year of Ireland turning over rocks, Donald Thomas comes back healthy, Ginn keeps improving. Another draft, another round of Free agency. What we did this year is take the first step to winning a Super Bowl. It does not happen overnight - we are building a winner. We have the blueprint in place, we have the FO in place, and we have the coaching staff in place - Way too early to start talking about a losing season.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    F-A-L

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Rochester, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think our team will be better next year but since our schedule will be so much tougher i do not see us having as good of a record. I feel we'll be anywhere from 7-9 to 9-7. We could do better though, way to early to tell.
    F-A-L
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    You never know how tough the schedule will be.. and how good the teams we play will be year to year... look at us... 1-15 to 11-5....... cleaveland 10-6 to 4-12 .... Jacksonville 11-5 to 5-11.... Dallas 13-3 to 9-7.....Green Bay 13-3 to 6-10 .... Detroit 7-9 to 0-16..... Seattle 10-6 to 4-12.... so this years other playoff teams could be a lot worse and those tough games may not be tough.. and those "easy" games may be not so easy... that's why we play the games.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fremont, Ohio
    Thanks / No Thanks
    yes we are facing some good teams (and they are good almost every year) and there are some teams that are usually good and are losing some key guys (colts-possibly tony dungy, TB-Kiffin...)it is hard to guess who will be good and healthy when we play them but this is "on paper" a tough schedule.

it will help us facing buff and jets twice a year before they are done (jets in cap problems now after signing all these underacheving old guys, and buff just not acheiving any more)
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Finheaven Templar

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    The Crossroads of TX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    You have no idea how those teams will be next year.

Quote Quote  

9. -19
    WildPATOffense

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SR 7 View Post
    guys now that the season is over, dont get upset but next year can be a BRUTAL year and a losing year as well.

almost evreyone we are playing has a top 10 defense and a very good offense. If we dont improve our offensive line, our passing game espeically with Henne coming in hopefully we are in for another balt time of loss but for the year.

u are talking about texans, pitts, colts, pats with brady, jags, panthers, tampa etc. thats a disaster waiting to happen. So now that we enjoyed a good fun year i hope it didnt end this year cuz next year w/out much talent upgrade we are doomed so to say.

IMO we overachieved this year and that will only set us up for disapointment if we have high expectations. I think this off-season is very important and we need to bring in some solid players in order to continue to be successful.

We need to definitely upgrade our WR's and get some explosive players on defense
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    The Finheaven Intimidator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kdawg954 View Post
    I have no doubt in my mind we will be a better team next year . . . whether that means a better record or farther in the playoffs . . . we will see. But we WILL get better talent wise and as a football team . . . . and that is guaranteed.
    Good point my friend kdawg. This year we did not have the most talented team out there and we managed to get some wins. I just hope that Wilford comes to play for us next season and we can also search for studs through free agency.
    Originally Posted by footsteps_falco

the ole' J-Pru thread. its like kory sheets but worse
    Quote Quote