Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

Thread: Trade value of QBs

1. -1
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Austin, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks

Trade value of QBs

I have the same three quarterbacks on both of my teams -- Manning, McNair, and Bulger. (I got Bulger off the wire after Week 1 because Warner's owners didn't take insurance.) Since all are among the top 6 QBs through the first month of the season, I want to trade one of them to shore up areas of weakness -- #2 RB on one team, #2 WR on the other. Which one do you consider the must-keep, which of the other two has the highest trade value, and what caliber of RB or WR should I expect in return for that QB? Thanks.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Now completely imaginary

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Elsewhere
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Well, if you're going to trade Manning, the time is now. This is as good as it's gonna get. He just coming off that huge game and he's hot. So I'd probably try and move him first.

Regardless of which QB you're looking to move, it all depends on what you're opponents have on the roster. QBs don't usually command a lot in a trade for a RB or WR anyway. So go for the guy with Jay Fiedler and Drew Brees.

All three are pretty solid producers. All have about the same highs and lows. So you can take your pick. But I'd be inclined to move Manning now.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Record-Breaker

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Flo-ri-da
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I agree that if you trade Manning now you could get a great #2 or even a #1-skilled RB or WR. KEEP MCNAIR! He's huge this year and unbelievably underrated...look at his stats, then you will see what i mean. (Though im not sure how long he will keep it up...He's been injury-prone and Mason will probably be double-covered all season, who else does he have?) Bulger is a hit-miss...use your own judgement on that one...

This is my 2 cents
    _-*Max *-_
    ~ GO MARLINS! World Series Champs '97 & '03 ~
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Austin, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    With one of my teams, I made the trade today. I gave up Steve McNair but now have Stephen Davis (and DeShaun Foster) as Ricky insurance. With my other two quarterbacks and the receivers I have, that should be more than enough.

With my other team, I've got an offer out of Marc Bulger for Shaun Alexander. Hopefully, he'll nibble.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Record-Breaker

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Flo-ri-da
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Originally posted by DolfanDaveInATX
    With my other team, I've got an offer out of Marc Bulger for Shaun Alexander. Hopefully, he'll nibble.
    Nibble? If this man has any clue what hes doing, he should smell that trade and hit the pavement running in the opposite direction, lol
    Quote Quote