Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

Thread: Drafting in Madden Question

1. -1
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    College Station, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks

Drafting in Madden Question

I've now done two drafts. I still don't have much of a grasp on the scouting. What I wanted to ask was, what do you all normally do for the scouting? I try to look at 3-4 1-3rd rdrs and than concentrate a lot of my efforts on 4-7 since its tough to know when they will leave the board.
    Marge: Oh Homey, If you feel so bad about yourself there's always things you can do to make you feel better.
    Homer: Like take another bath in malt liquor?
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Screw You Guys..Im Goin Home!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I look at alot of first round picks and look for some steals...always got to go with positions you need.

2007 Gold Cup Champions...

United States
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Cunning Linguist

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Honolulu, HI
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Here's what I do. You can call it cheating, or call it smart thinking.

First, right before the draft, make sure to save your game. Then enter the draft, and simply let it go on auto. After the draft is over, and the teams have signed their players, go view the rosters. scroll through each team and have a look at each position, then pick out the rookies. You'll be to check all their attributes. Then you simply write down this information in a notebook or what have you for all desireable rookies. I usually don't give any rookies rated under 70 a look, but if I'm very weak at a position I'll dig deeper. Once you have all this written down for each position, simply exit out of your franchise, and don't save. Then reload your franchise, and then go into the draft again, armed with your newfound information.

Again, one could consider this cheating, but if you think it isn't, feel free to use this little trick!
    You mustn't think dirty thoughts!
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Screw You Guys..Im Goin Home!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Originally posted by Kamikaze
    Here's what I do. You can call it cheating, or call it smart thinking.

First, right before the draft, make sure to save your game. Then enter the draft, and simply let it go on auto. After the draft is over, and the teams have signed their players, go view the rosters. scroll through each team and have a look at each position, then pick out the rookies. You'll be to check all their attributes. Then you simply write down this information in a notebook or what have you for all desireable rookies. I usually don't give any rookies rated under 70 a look, but if I'm very weak at a position I'll dig deeper. Once you have all this written down for each position, simply exit out of your franchise, and don't save. Then reload your franchise, and then go into the draft again, armed with your newfound information.

Again, one could consider this cheating, but if you think it isn't, feel free to use this little trick!
    No offense...that is cheating...and takes away fun from the game from the game. I mean having a bust in the 1st round and hvaing a gem in the 4th is part of football as wekk.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    SUPERFAN

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Homestead, FL.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Halo Legendary
Gift received at 06-10-2014, 02:54 AM from DisturbedShifty
Message: Here ya go man.  In the future things like this are in the vShopXbox Logo
Gift received at 04-30-2014, 02:53 PM from DisturbedShifty
    Its just like real life where college rookies get scouted for 3yrs before there drafted.
    FINS OR DIE!!!!!!

Want-Goodell to be Impeached.
    Follow me on on Twitter www.twitter.com/FinFanChubby

In psychology, Stockholm Syndrome is an apparently paradoxical psychological phenomenon in which hostages express empathy and have positive feelings towards their captors, sometimes to the point of defending them. "[6]
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Chester,Va.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Superman logoFord LogoCam Wake 91
    If I'm in need of a certain position, and the best ones aren't expected to go until the 2nd or 3rd round, I'll just look at other positions of need and hope for a good free agency.
    Quote Quote