Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

Thread: Defiance

1. -1
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Hot as hell, South Carolina
    Thanks / No Thanks

Defiance

Here's the trailer:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIO8OI0JP50

I just watched this movie and was disappointed. It's entertaining and all but I feel like I've seen this movie a dozen times. Ed Zwick is the director and to me he's the king of average. Nearly every movie I've watched of his, I would say is only average. This movie is no different. The story is amazing and I really like Liev Schreiber and Daniel Craig, but it sort of falls flat. If you like war movies, you'll enjoy this but you won't think it's a classic or anything. The scenery is beautiful. I gave it a 6/10.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I was really looking forward to this movie, but then I heard the name Zwick. I hear the dialogue is tacky and unoriginal, as you would expect from him. I am still going to see it though. I have been hearing a lot of buzz for Schreiber for Best Supporting Actor.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by WaywardZest View Post
    I was really looking forward to this movie, but then I heard the name Zwick. I hear the dialogue is tacky and unoriginal, as you would expect from him. I am still going to see it though. I have been hearing a lot of buzz for Schreiber for Best Supporting Actor.
    Hopefully you'll enjoy it. Liev sure can act, I would like to see him get better roles.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by swordfish54 View Post
    Hopefully you'll enjoy it. Liev sure can act, I would like to see him get better roles.
    The guy has really wasted so much of his career. I mean, who does three Scream movies?

This is one film "based on a true story" that I don't know the ending, so it should keep me interested. But then again, a handful of Jews against Nazi Germany are pretty long odds. I think it comes out here next week. I still have to catch up with Milk, Revolutionary Road, Frost/Nixon, The Reader, and the Wrestler.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    2008 AFC East Champions

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I've never seen him do anything good. The Scream movies were lame ripoffs of real slasher films; he was dreadful and non-believable as John Clark, perhaps Clancy's best character, in the awful Sum of All Fears; The Omen and Manchurian Candidate were failed and very unnecessary remakes of classic films. I know he is supposed to be great on stage, but am I missing something on celluloid? He always seems bland, quiet and uninterested in his film roles.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ih8brady View Post
    I've never seen him do anything good. The Scream movies were lame ripoffs of real slasher films; he was dreadful and non-believable as John Clark, perhaps Clancy's best character, in the awful Sum of All Fears; The Omen and Manchurian Candidate were failed and very unnecessary remakes of classic films. I know he is supposed to be great on stage, but am I missing something on celluloid? He always seems bland, quiet and uninterested in his film roles.
    Well, yes he is a great stage actor. He has a Tony Award and is considered a brilliant classical performer. On screen, however, I really liked him in Walking in Talking, a nineties indie film.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The movie was cliched, full of bad plot twists, historically inaccurate, and emotionally manipulative. But, I liked it.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The movie was cliched, full of bad plot twists, historically inaccurate, and emotionally manipulative. But, I liked it.
    Well put.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

I too, will agree with that review.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    princeton,nj
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Well, yes he is a great stage actor. He has a Tony Award and is considered a brilliant classical performer. On screen, however, I really liked him in Walking in Talking, a nineties indie film.

he is going to be in Wolverine due out this summer. That is sure to be a huge summer blockbuster, the tralier looked awesome..also I thought his 3-4 guest spot appearance in CSI was great as well....

Quote Quote