Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

Thread: cannot remember where i read it

1. -1
    ...FOR ME TO POOP ON

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Thanks / No Thanks

cannot remember where i read it

i read somewhere that u could transfer rock band 1 songs to rock band 2, if it is true how do u do it
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Wow

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    In my house
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Put the Rock Band 1 game disc into your Xbox 360 and start it up.

If you haven't played it recently (since Rock Band 2 launched 9/14/08), it should show there is a small update to download. This should only take a few seconds and then the game should start up.

Go to Options on the main menu and you should have a new choice, which is Export Songs. Select it.

Once selected you should be prompted to enter a password, which is on a small piece of paper that comes inside the case for Rock Band 2. Enter this password.

Look at the screen. The screen should then show how much the fee for the transfer is (400 Microsoft Points or about $5), if you don't have 400 points or more tied to your account, you'll need to purchase them online with a credit/debit card or enter the code from a store purchased point card.
    Select Confirm Download and a file will download, which should only take a few seconds.

Wait. Once this is downloaded, it should begin the transfer process which takes about 10 minutes (and about 1.5 Gb of space on your hard drive).
    When this is complete you can take out Rock Band 1, put in Rock Band 2 and now have access to 55 of the 58 songs from Rock Band 1. Add this to the 84 songs on Rock Band 2 (plus 20 free bonus tracks coming later) and any downloaded songs you may have, and you have quite a setlist.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Boone, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    actually...that code that comes with RB2 is for the 20 free dlc songs (which have been out for almost 2 months). you don't need a code to export the rb1 songs.

everything else he said about the process is correct though

also...if you don't like some of the songs, you can go into your storage and delete individual songs, unless you're on the ps3. the ps3 exports rb1 songs as 1 file, whereas the 360 exports them as individual songs

the paranoid cover, RttH cover, and enter sandman do not transfer
    Quote Quote