Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Does god have children on other planets?

1. -1
    Champion Of The Beards!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Mooresville, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks

Does god have children on other planets?

This is a question I have wondered forever. Of course there is no way to ever know for sure, unless you meet someone in heaven.

I think there is no way that we are the only planet out there with intelligent life. I'm not saying that little green men have came here on space ships but as big and never ending as the universe is, there has to be someone else out there.

Do you think we are god's only experiment?

Does god have a brother or sister that rules other universes? I know he says he is the only one but maybe he means the only one for our planet.

By the way, I am not making fun or being silly. It's something I have always wondered.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I can't really respond to your religious questions, but there are no other "universes". The term universe literally means "everything that physically exists."

Statistically, we have to assume there is life elsewhere. There are equations that determine how many planets are close enough to a star to sustain carbon based life, but I don't know the specifics.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Desert Dolphin

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tucson, Arizona
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Well...there are two things that say no to the question.

1. God himself has given us no indications that there is anything else but him and us.

2. Science has yet to find any evidence of any life outside our atmosphere. And it doesn't look promising that there will ever be anything found.

Players come and go, but I will always be a Miami Dolphins Fan first and foremost.

Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Manning to Tyree = Best SB Play EVER!!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Seattle WA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    of course, life is amazing
    “If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there is a man on base.”
    by Dave Berry
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Desert Dolphin

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tucson, Arizona
    Thanks / No Thanks
    For anyone to say that life exists outside our earth, one would have to determine how life happened on earth first in order to have a relatively good shot at explaining life elsewhere.

Several religions point to a creator or god. Science has attempted to explain it without the aid of a supernatural god.

So far science hasn't even come close to explaining how life started here, let alone how the universe began. Many of the most prominent secular scientists just don't know how life began here, although there are many theories - none of which make any scientific sense.

Without having known our own origins on this planet, scientifically, it is foolish to think that science has figured out life outside our planet.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    2008 AFC East Champions

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphan7 View Post
    For anyone to say that life exists outside our earth, one would have to determine how life happened on earth first in order to have a relatively good shot at explaining life elsewhere.

Several religions point to a creator or god. Science has attempted to explain it without the aid of a supernatural god.

So far science hasn't even come close to explaining how life started here, let alone how the universe began. Many of the most prominent secular scientists just don't know how life began here, although there are many theories - none of which make any scientific sense.

Without having known our own origins on this planet, scientifically, it is foolish to think that science has figured out life outside our planet.

The two are unrelated. Knowing that extra-terrestrial life exists does not require determination of said life's origin. Just like one can easily know gravity's existance without determining the origin of gravity.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Champion Of The Beards!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Mooresville, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks

1. God himself has given us no indications that there is anything else but him and us.

2. Science has yet to find any evidence of any life outside our atmosphere. And it doesn't look promising that there will ever be anything found.

Maybe God does not feel the need to tell us of any other life forms out there but I see your point about the brother or sister. Maybe we are one of his many experiments.

There is no way for science to proof that there is life forms on a planet 1000 light years away and no way for us to ever be able to travel that far or for them to travel that far either. Science can't proof God is there either but that does not mean he isn't.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Louisville, KY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by WaywardZest View Post
    Statistically, we have to assume there is life elsewhere. There are equations that determine how many planets are close enough to a star to sustain carbon based life, but I don't know the specifics.
    That would be the Drake Equation and it was formulated decades ago. We know so much more now about suitable enviornments for life. While the Drake Equation is extremely optimistic, it is unrealistic. Today's estimates at possible intelligent life outside our solar system are far smaller than Drake and Sagan's of 30 years ago.
    Insert pithy saying here.

Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Louisville, KY
    Thanks / No Thanks

The Bible doesn't say one way or the other. So in matters such as this I leave it up to science, just like you said. But the answer to the question is hardly "no". I think "incomplete" or "not known" is the correct answer (if you want to call it an answer) at this point.

We simply don't know and the Bible is silent about it.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Desert Dolphin

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tucson, Arizona
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ih8brady View Post
    The two are unrelated. Knowing that extra-terrestrial life exists does not require determination of said life's origin. Just like one can easily know gravity's existance without determining the origin of gravity.
    Not so fast.

Have you ever read an article on deep space research and the search for life on other planets? They always end with something like this, "This research will help us understand how life began on earth...." or something to that effect.

Since science has pretty much drawn a blank as to how life began here, and have exhausted all the leads, they are now focusing on outer space to hopefully gain some hints as to how life begins elsewhere, in hopes that it will help them use that info to decipher how life began on earth.

They are very much related.
    Quote Quote