Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Team USA

1. -1
    firm believer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Johnsburg, IL
    Thanks / No Thanks

Team USA

Are you guys watching this olympic hockey?

Let me start by saying that if you're a hockey fan, but aren't watching this, you are doing yourself the biggest injustice possible. I'm a very big hockey fan, but this is the greatest hockey I've ever seen in my life!
    There are some rule changes from the NHL. Such as no red line, which eliminates two line pass penalties. After a whistle the ref has 15 seconds to drop the puck, even if the teams aren't ready! That leads to speedier line changes. All of that added to the fact that the ice is 15 feet wider leads to WIDE OPEN END TO END ACTION! Not the sloppy crap though. I'm talking clean crisp great defensive hockey with the best players in the world. The NHL shut down to let all the players play for their home countries.
    It's not like the Dream Team. The NHL is very international. Right now there are 5 teams that could win gold.
    Team USA is one of those. In their first game they shut out Finland 6-0. Last night they were badly outplayed by the Russian National team, but forced their will on big red the final 10 minutes of the game. They rallied to a tie. Brett Hull, the man with a wrist shot that inspires poets, flicked one over the right shoulder of the Bouiln Wall.

Please check it out.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    On an island
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I am not a hockey fan, but I watched some of it last night (USA vs. Russia) but I only turned it on because I though SNL would be on. I love the Summer Olympics but the Winter ones have some dumb crap. I saw this thing where they had to go cross country skiing but in the middle they had to go to a range and shoot these targets. I was trying to figure out what the hell the two things had in common. The only stuff I like in the Winter games is the bobsled, Halfpipe (snowboarding is awesome and although some of the best USA ones don't compete in the Olympics, it was still cool), and skeleton (which will kick ass.) I saw some speed skating last night, Ohno is cool but its predictable, people lead and then fall at the end.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    On an island
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Another thing-Double luge is the gayest sport I have ever seen. If you ever see it, you will agree with me.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Is Drunk at the Wheel

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Clifton Park, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    You are correct Chops. I have trouble wathcing any of the game that USA aren't involved though. Man were they out played. I think USA took to many of the older NHL stars. They seemed to just get out skated last night. Richter played 1 hell of a game. Just curious do you know the remaining schedule for USA?
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Adam the Quarterback

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Re: Team USA

Originally posted by CHOPS44
    Are you guys watching this olympic hockey?

Let me start by saying that if you're a hockey fan, but aren't watching this, you are doing yourself the biggest injustice possible. I'm a very big hockey fan, but this is the greatest hockey I've ever seen in my life!
    There are some rule changes from the NHL. Such as no red line, which eliminates two line pass penalties. After a whistle the ref has 15 seconds to drop the puck, even if the teams aren't ready! That leads to speedier line changes. All of that added to the fact that the ice is 15 feet wider leads to WIDE OPEN END TO END ACTION! Not the sloppy crap though. I'm talking clean crisp great defensive hockey with the best players in the world. The NHL shut down to let all the players play for their home countries.
    It's not like the Dream Team. The NHL is very international. Right now there are 5 teams that could win gold.
    Team USA is one of those. In their first game they shut out Finland 6-0. Last night they were badly outplayed by the Russian National team, but forced their will on big red the final 10 minutes of the game. They rallied to a tie. Brett Hull, the man with a wrist shot that inspires poets, flicked one over the right shoulder of the Bouiln Wall.

Please check it out.

I only watch NHL hockey, and I hate Brett Hull. That no good, cheating, Son of a guy who is way better than him at hockey!
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Is Drunk at the Wheel

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Clifton Park, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    booyeah are you a Sabers fan?
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Adam the Quarterback

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    What gave it away?
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    firm believer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Johnsburg, IL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The USA team is scheduled to play today at 1:00 eastern. There are actually two games today so I'm not sure which one is first. USA might wind up playing at like 4.

As for the Brett Hull debate. I can understand your pain, but that series was over anyway. Try living with blowing 2 third period goal leads of 2 and 3 in games one and two in the finals. That's what my Blackhawks did waaaay back in 92. That was Pittsburghs first stanley cup.

I love the way Team Russia and Sweeden play.
    I think USA will be ok. Yes, they're old, but it was a back to back game for them, plus Richter second goal was a weak one.(He did play great though.) I'd rather see Dunham get some more playing time against a contender.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami Lakes,FL
    Thanks / No Thanks

HOW BOUT' THOSE SWEDES!!!

Team Sweden has been the most impressive team thus far! They had Jagr totally frustrated last night! Sundin has been pretty awesome!Plus they are getting good goaltending from Salo which doesn't hurt!! They dominated CANADA and then beat a very good Czech team last night!
    "GIVE ME DOLPHIN FOOTBALL OR GIVE ME DEATH!!!" #13 FOREVER!!!!
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    OOPS - I did it again!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    RSM, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Major hockey fan here! This Olympic hockey has been some of the best I've ever seen. In addition to some of the rule differences and the overall intensity level, the officiating is much better. It's been so much more consistent than the officiating in the NHL. Which is kind of interesting, considering the two games USA has played so far were officiated by NHL referees. If they can be consistent for the Olympics, why not the NHL?
    Quote Quote