Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is the best new age system for its price?

1. -1
    Just say yes! Ron Paul 2012

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    La Crosse, WI
    Thanks / No Thanks

What is the best new age system for its price?

IO have held out on buyin a new system too long. I figured they would be making a next gen again pretty soon so I held out. About 2-3 years later, I still don't have a system and I'm gonna give in and buy one.

Which gives the most bang for its buck? Wii, PS3, or XBOX360?

If anyone has suggestions, they are greatly appreciated.
    I just want to win.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    G.O.A.T

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    i say ps3 cuz its got blu ray which is helpful and they r just now starting to get the really good games to come out like killzone 2 and god of war 3 so get the ps3 woo i enjoy mine thoroughly
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Bleeding 305 since 1987

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatness920 View Post
    i say ps3 cuz its got blu ray which is helpful and they r just now starting to get the really good games to come out like killzone 2 and god of war 3 so get the ps3 woo i enjoy mine thoroughly
    X-Box 360 is cheaper now, and you can usually find bundles with extra controllers and games. Never was a Playstation fan but i've played the PS3 and its pretty cool...I have the 360 and the Wii...the Wii is fun as hell but not meant if you want to play games like Madden, COD, GTA or games like that....all i know is i cant wait for Street Fighter this week!
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    G.O.A.T

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    yea i get u ive played everything my roomates have them but the wii is only good with friends and can get old fast never was a gears or halo guy played them didnt like too much but i can see why they r likable
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    G.O.A.T

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    they also got that cool pack now for like 40 bucks that comes with a cooler, controller charger thing, hdmi cords and stuff it was pretty sweet saw it at target for both sysmes i think not sure
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Bleeding 305 since 1987

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatness920 View Post
    yea i get u ive played everything my roomates have them but the wii is only good with friends and can get old fast never was a gears or halo guy played them didnt like too much but i can see why they r likable

Madden and NCAA on Wii are horrible, made more for little kids...but yeah its fun to play with friends
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tokyo, Japan
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 1 dol fan View Post
    IO have held out on buyin a new system too long. I figured they would be making a next gen again pretty soon so I held out. About 2-3 years later, I still don't have a system and I'm gonna give in and buy one.

Which gives the most bang for its buck? Wii, PS3, or XBOX360?

If anyone has suggestions, they are greatly appreciated.

Xb360 all the way. Great titles and runs most multi-format games better than the PS3. Plus, who really needs Blu-Ray?

A world of dew,
    and within every dewdrop
    a world of struggle.

Quote Quote  

8. -8
    ...FOR ME TO POOP ON

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    i have all 3 systems the wii is more targeted towrad kids, very interactive, got for my wife, i have the ps3 and xbox for myself if you want one that does both, meaning playing games and watching movies the ps3 is the one for you. now on the other hand if you love playing games on line all the time and love playing better games then it is xbox, then you have to shop around and ask which games are only for ps3 and xbox. ps3 has uncharted best game for the system period, killzone, resistance, and some other ones i cannot think of right now. xbox has left for dead, gears of war, halo series, in my opinion the xbox ones are better than the ps3 one so good luck chosing your system.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    ps3 is a more versatile machine.

it has a blu-ray player, built in free. the xbox used HDdvd, which died off. the player was sold SEPERATELY.
    it has a built in wireless connection free. xbox has an optional attachment sold seperately for like 100 bucks.
    ps3 also has an internet browser. xbox doesnt have this at all. not even sold seperately.

the xbox is cheaper. but i think only by 50 bucks. which is what it cost per year to play online. the playstation network is free to play online.

as far as people saying "oh this one has better games blah bla blah." thats a matter of opinion. if your decision is based, at all on games, you should research whats available yourself.

the ps3 also has other features and stuff too that i cant list because i dont care enough to remember what they are or even use them. the xbox might also but i dont know.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Boone, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    pre-sorry for long post:

i gotta say the 360, although i wouldn't decline a ps3 if one was given to me. i was a PS supporter for a long time, until the 360 came out. i'm not gonna include the wii anywhere in this discussion because i hate the wii. when nintendo abandoned the core gamers and went for the more casual market, they lost my support

blu-ray? yeah whatever. not a big deal to me since BRs are more expensive and for not THAT big of a jump in quality. the storage space is really nice though. and even with BR's extra storage space, you still gotta install the games to the ps3 hd. meaning that 60 gig or whatever hard drive you got on your ps3 isn't really that big, depending on how many games you play. the 360 also has an optional install feature. it makes games load a little faster and also puts less wear and tear on your disc drive

Home on ps3 is a joke, meanwhile xbox live is the best arena for gaming out there (judging by not only my opinion, but the opinions of a lot of other people on other sites, such as kotaku). this, of course, only matters if you care about online play. the actual PSN service is pretty good from what i've heard, but generally not as reliable as XBL. again, not talking from first hand experience with ps3. i've only ever had problems once with XBL going down

wireless is a personal preference. myself, i don't care about wireless internet connections, and actuall prefer wired. all of my personal interactions with wireless internet have resulted in laggier games, whereas with a wired connection, i never have problems

as for backwards compatibility (ability to play ps2 games on ps3, and xbox games on 360), not all games support this. for the ps3, it depends on which console you own. the 40 and 80 gig ps3's do not support backwards compatibility. the 20 and 60 gig both did, but both are discontinued and hard to find. the 360 supports nearly all games for backwards compatibility, but there are some that are not supported. a list of supported games can be seen here: http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/back...ygameslist.htm

the games themselves are a personal matter. like someone said earlier, uncharted: drake's fortune (ps3) is pretty awesome. a sequel to that is coming soon as well. killzone 2 and resistance 1 and 2 (both on ps3) stand up quite nicely too. and then you have the metal gear solid 4 movie: sons of the patriots. and don't forget about little big planet. i heard it's a great game, but never saw the appeal myself. also, god of war 3 is coming soon. there are a few good ps3 RPG exclusives too, such as disgaea 3, white knight chronicles, valkyria chronicles, and so forth.

meanwhile, on the 360 side, gears of war 1 and 2, halo 3, left 4 dead (also on PC), fable 2, assassin's creed (part 2 coming soon-ish..eventually), mass effect (part 2 soon), devil may cry 4, bioshock (although the ps3 just recently got this amazing game), lost odyssey, blue dragon, eternal sonata, etc...

there are also countless great games available for both platforms. the music games like Rock Band are out for both systems, and 360 gets downloadable tracks 2 days earlier than the ps3 does (due to sony's release schedule for DLC being on thursdays, and m$'s is on tuesdays). Bioshock (mentioned earlier) and GTA 4 are on both systems now as well

if you're a subscriber to netflix, you can stream certain movies/tv shows onto your xbox as well. it's only the "stream to pc" selection that netflix has...so it's not that great IMO

the ps3 is a lot more reliable than the 360 though. the 360 has a horrible failure rate, but m$ will repair your system for you, after a few weeks. i've never had a problem with mine though.

whichever system you get, if it's a 360 or a ps3, i'd recommend getting a 360 with a 120 GB hard drive (so you have plenty of space to install games, lessening the wear and tear on your cd drive) or trying to find a 20 or 60 gig ps3 (for backwards compatibility). you can also use external hard drives (non sony-branded) on your ps3 to expand your storage space, something that i wish the 360 was capable of
    Quote Quote