Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bell should be offered a big contract IMO from the Fins

1. -1
    Island Dolphin

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Maui, Hawaii
    Thanks / No Thanks

Bell should be offered a big contract IMO from the Fins

Bell is a huge reason the defense was so good last year. When the Dolphins needed a big play Bell was there to make the tackle or knock down a long ball that should have been completed. Bell is our best safety and IMO our best defensive player. Why not give him a long term big contract? He deserves to get paid and I think that the offer that was made to him was simply cheap. I love the direction of the team and I trust the management but they are not perfect and they will make mistakes. I.E. McClown and worthless Wilford. Bell deserves to get paid and I will be very sorry if they let him go.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    so let Bell go test the FA waters and see what kind of offers he gets. Noone is going to offer him above average money because thats what he is, an average safety. Who knows you may even see him in a Dolphins uniform next season for a reasonable salary after he finds out there is not that big of a market out there for him. McCown was not a mistake either. He was the best option available at the time we got him. They had no idea that Pennington was going tohit the market when they signed McCown. Now Wikford was a mistake.
    Last edited by shula_guy; 02-20-2009 at 01:00 AM.

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it."
    Frederic Bastiat
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I agree that Bell should def. be re-signed. I think Carey too. Its all buisness and politics though. Its negotiating....offer low...negotiate....if u offer too high rite off the bat u dont know how much money u could have saved. Plus esp with bell and his injuries in the past, i think the FO has a couple good heads on their shoulders. Also Carey and Bell have stated they genuinly want to be in Miami. We'll see how far they are willing to compromise. I do want them both back but if not we'll see what the master plan is shortly...
    Last edited by Jersey DolFan; 02-20-2009 at 01:00 AM. Reason: forgot good point.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    I Don't Play . .That's Y I Failed P.E.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Liquordale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Nintendo LogoDolphin2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Bell is 31 and he is injury prone . . . u think they are going to give him a big money contract for a long period of time?

I don't.

I like Yeremiah, but he is no spring chicken. He is a valuable part of this team, but it wouldn't suprise me to see this team go in another direction . . . I thought for sure he would get franchised this season.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Boynton Beach
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins Logo
    give bell a 3 year contract.. and lets find a new tackle carey wasnt the best run blocker anyways..
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    princeton,nj
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Smith21 View Post
    give bell a 3 year contract.. and lets find a new tackle carey wasnt the best run blocker anyways..
    I agree with that! I have been saying for awhile Carey isnt as good as he think he is!

Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Why not us?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    York, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If Bell didn't get the franchise tag, then he is gone. The Tuna probably already has someone else in mind.

2008 AFC EAST DIVISION CHAMPIONS!

Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lah, lah land
    Thanks / No Thanks
    You can't give a long term and expensive contract to an injury prone player, it makes zero business sense. A 2/3 year deal for real good money sounds about right but then again this is a deep S FA group so we have the ability to wait and see if we can do better.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Atila - the freshmaker.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Los Angeles, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I have full faith that he resigns with the team.

But I also have full faith that our staff does not overpay him.

Let's take a step back for a moment and look back... this isn't Ray Lewis on the 2003 (or whatever it was) Ravens we are trying to re-sign.

Our defense was average AT BEST last season... our secondary was average as well. Bell made lots of plays, but he was far from perfect and gave up plays as well. He played well for us, no doubt... but he's no Ed Reed.

With all that said, it is obvious the staff wants him to stick around, as they have already offered a contract. If he doesn't choose to resign, then that's his prerogative and I thank him for the little time he spent here.

www.DiamondandDesign.com
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Finheaven Hall of Shame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Hotel California
    Thanks / No Thanks
    3 year deal sounds about right.
    Quote Quote