Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Marlins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. -1
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Coral Springs
    Thanks / No Thanks

Marlins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Move this thread whenever u wish, just wanted people to see it....

What an amazing game, if you missed it tonight, you really really suck!!!!!

MARLINS WIN IN 11....9-8....MIKE LOWELL PINCH HIT HOME RUN in the top of the 11th!!!!!!
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Now completely imaginary

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Elsewhere
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Well, I ain't gonna be the one to move it. Not just yet anyway. This is the best team in Miami right now. They're very good offensively. Great defensively. And they have an impressive pitching staff. Lots of speed. Simply put, they are dangerous.

The Marlins fear no one. They never quit. They never let up. Even when they're down, they're putting the other team under pressure. No lead is insurmountable to them. I really, really wish that the other fans on this board (if you don't already root for another team) get on the bandwagon and support these guys. Even I, a person who admittedly had gotten away from baseball, came back a few months ago and have been watching every game intently.

I'm telling you guys, it is very fun watching these kids play. They are absolutely do-or-die every night.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    FinHeaven Cheerleader

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Absolutely AMAZING Game!!!

I have loved the Marlins since '93!!! I am soooo happy there are back in the playoffs and playing with Jeff Conine again. Pudge for MVP!! What a great return HR for Lowell. Welcome back!!

Bring on Game 2!!!
    ***Unleash the Killer DOLPHINS***
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Ft. Lauderdale/Orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    OH MY GOD!! I don't know if i can physically handle a whole series (hopefully 2) of these types of games. I swear its gonna be the death of me.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Shoulda saw Miami.. people were running outta their cribs at midnight. My f'n mom was loud.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Goooo Marlins.....
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    '72 Perfection!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'm a Marlins watcher! Since they hired the old gun McKeon and brought up Cabrera and Willis (D-Train), we have never looked back. If the NLCS is our final hoorah, then I tip my hat to this superlative team. If not, and we win it all, then it's time to get down in Miami!!!

The Marlins are young, tough, and talented. This season marks a new era for the fish and baseball in South Florida. If they win the world championship, then maybe, a new baseball stadium will be built. Can you imagine, no more infield dirt for the Dolphins to play on.

Go fish!
    _
    -

Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Longer than average

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Sunrise, Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    All those BoSox fans will really be crying 'curse' when we beat 'em :evil:
    "Three wise men are following a star through the desert.The star stops over a little village and begins to shinebrightly on a barn behind a small inn. They walk into the barn and find a little baby lying in a manger.As they approached the manger, one of the wise men walks into a plough and smashes his knee on the handle and in agony yells out "JESUS CHRIST!" A voice came down from above and said "That's a good name, I was going to call him Roger."
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    2001 Rookie of the Year

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Hyannis Massachusetts
    Thanks / No Thanks
    WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO GO MARLINS
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Don't believe everything you think.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    your six
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Originally posted by StartingTailbak
    All those BoSox fans will really be crying 'curse' when we beat 'em :evil:
    Easy there killer.....first of all, true BoSox fans don't believe in any curse. It's a silly media perpetuated built in excuse for failure. It's BS, and it needs to be layed to rest...BIGTIME!....Now, I may not change my lucky shirt or I might sit in the same chair for every game, but I'll be damned if I'm going to buy into any Bambino BS ......Second of all, besides youth, the Red Sox and the Marlins are a carbon copy of each other as far as approach to the game. Neither team is EVER out of a game because they are constantly pushing buttons and pulling levers to keep the other team off balance and pressured.

If you weren't a Marlins fan, you would be in love with this year's Red Sox team. They are a hard working scrappy bunch of players whose sum total is greater than their parts. So, please save the insults for when we actually play each other and do yourself a favor and enjoy the ALCS as a fan of the underdog Red Sox.
    Last edited by inFINSible; 10-08-2003 at 07:49 AM.
    At a television studio in Hollywood on Monday night, Dolphins defensive end Jason Taylor was doing the fox trot. He probably was wearing makeup, too.
    About an hour south down Interstate 5, quarterback John Beck was on the verge of lining up his chicken nuggets in a shotgun formation.

Quote Quote