Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Malcolm Jenkins

1. -1
    Disgruntled

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Purgatory
    Thanks / No Thanks

Malcolm Jenkins

Apparently Ohio State CB Malcolm Jenkins ran only a 4.5 at the combine and a lot of teams are skeptical about his value. He was projected to be a top 10 pick, but because he wasn't able to run inside a 4.5 teams are thinking he might be a tad slow, and might be better suited to play safety. Now whether he slides all the way down to 25 is a different story, but i really like this guy. I'd take him at Corner OR Safety.

If he slid to the teens, would you consider trading up to get him?
    "I told the team 7-9 is mediocre, and mediocrity is not going to be accepted here" - Tony Sparano

"Well the cool breeze came on Tuesday, And the corn's a bumper crop
    And the fields are full of dancin' Full of singin' and romancin'
    The music never stopped." - Bob Weir

Quote Quote  

2. -2
    U cry about the $$$, we do the dirtywork

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Ft. Polk, La
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Im hoping people will pass on him as corner and look at him more as a safety. It will push some of the other safetys down and give us a better shot at a good one in rd. 2
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Disgruntled

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Purgatory
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by FinsFan_In_Iraq View Post
    Im hoping people will pass on him as corner and look at him more as a safety. It will push some of the other safetys down and give us a better shot at a good one in rd. 2
    That's an interesting point. We'd be able to get a more polished safety that way.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    U cry about the $$$, we do the dirtywork

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Ft. Polk, La
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I guess Delmas only did 12 reps?? Some people I've seen talking about that pushing him late into rd. 2 or early 3...i know it's still early to project, but if he falls that far he would be a steal there 2. Im more interested in a secondary players vertical, long jump and 40 times than I am bench press.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Cincinnati/UD
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaceMountain16 View Post
    Apparently Ohio State CB Malcolm Jenkins ran only a 4.5 at the combine and a lot of teams are skeptical about his value. He was projected to be a top 10 pick, but because he wasn't able to run inside a 4.5 teams are thinking he might be a tad slow, and might be better suited to play safety. Now whether he slides all the way down to 25 is a different story, but i really like this guy. I'd take him at Corner OR Safety.

I would make the move. A CB prospect by the name of Darrell Revis was cut from a similar cloth a few years back and the Jets traded up to get him - worked out pretty well I'd say. Even if it's to nab him as a FS, I'd still be tempted, especially if we somehow come up with a third 2nd round selection. He played FS quite a bit in the 2007 season, so it's not entirely out of the realm of possibility, much like the Cardinals have done with Antrel Rolle in coverting him to FS. He's of similar stature, physical ability to Jenkins.

The only problem is with trading up, you've got to trade up at least to pick 16 to get ahead of those same Jets. New Orleans would be the first threat but they have a lot of holes in their front 7.

He's also got the Jersey connection if that even means anything, but I do know he's got great character, and was an excellent team leader at Ohio State.

All other things being equal, I really can't see this regime trading up - and even if they do, it's probably for someone in the defensive front 7.

Huge Props to Nublar7 for the awesome sig!

www.twoguystalkingfootball.com/ -for the inside scoop on the NFL, College Bowl Season, and the NFL draft, come check out my blog.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaceMountain16 View Post

I've liked Alphonso Smith and Darius Butler more the Malcom Jenkins the entire time. I always felt Malcom Jenkins was over hyped. Smith is the best corner and Butler is 2nd.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Southern California
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If only Vontae Davis fell. 5'11", 203 lbs., 25 Reps, Good 40.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Tom Brady loves the Penis

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Malcolm Jenkins is a monster. Even if he did run a 4.5 you cant deny what he brings to the field. By far the best CB in the entire draft.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    I'm a huge douchebag

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    UGA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I agree Jenkins is good and if he does well in all the other phases of the combine we should nab him if he is there when we pick. He would be a great value.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Moon Runner / The 3 AM Crew

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Thanks / No Thanks
    We cannot make another mistake at CB.....like we did with taking Jason Allen out of Tennessee with a first rounder a few years back. Hopefully Jason Allen will stick around for a while and improve. I don't see Jenkins dropping all the way down to #25 so I think it is a moot point. I think we should focus on Sean Smith of Utah or Victor Harris of Va Tech in Round 2. I also like Alphonso Smith of Wake Forest, but would rather go for a bigger need with our first overall pick.
    Quote Quote