Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thank you for not wasting money and draft picks on iffy players

1. -1
    Island Dolphin

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Maui, Hawaii
    Thanks / No Thanks

Thank you for not wasting money and draft picks on iffy players

I am so glad we are not spending all of our cap money and draft picks like the Jets did last year and this year on overpriced players who still can not get the job done. The Dolphins are being smart and when Goodman and Coles are finished with their tours they will probably end up on the Dolphins for a lot less money than they wanted. The Trifecta is doing it right and I am glad we did not sign Brown for that ridiculous amount. I say we trade some of our semi valuble players for pics like J.Allen and Beck.Maybe Cam wants Beck since he drafted him?
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mattgilm View Post
    I am so glad we are not spending all of our cap money and draft picks like the Jets did last year and this year on overpriced players who still can not get the job done. The Dolphins are being smart and when Goodman and Coles are finished with their tours they will probably end up on the Dolphins for a lot less money than they wanted. The Trifecta is doing it right and I am glad we did not sign Brown for that ridiculous amount. I say we trade some of our semi valuble players for pics like J.Allen and Beck.Maybe Cam wants Beck since he drafted him?
    I absolutely agree with you, we can get a center in the draft.

But we should definitely sign a cornerback AND draft one. We want to compete with NE and therefore should be able to defend against their spread offense and skilled receivers.

Coles would be a great signing if he wants reasonable money. But I also like Bess, Camarillo and Ginn a lot. They are hardworking teamplayers and are still young. If we could acquire a Red-zone threat in Coles or via Draft we are set at WR.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    dallas dropped bj .. they could use beck lol
    Dr. Jules Hilbert: Hell Harold, you could just eat nothing but pancakes if you wanted.
    Harold Crick: What is wrong with you? Hey, I don't want to eat nothing but pancakes, I want to live! I mean, who in their right mind in a choice between pancakes and living chooses pancakes?
    Dr. Jules Hilbert: Harold, if you pause to think, you'd realize that that answer is inextricably contingent upon the type of life being led... and, of course, the quality of the pancakes.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Island Dolphin

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Maui, Hawaii
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rick32883 View Post
    dallas dropped bj .. they could use beck lol
    no because they picked up KItna.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    I wish people understood this

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Earth
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If we can land Coles then we wont be drafting a receiver in the draft.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Island Dolphin

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Maui, Hawaii
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Perfect23 View Post
    If we can land Coles then we wont be drafting a receiver in the draft.
    Actually the Fins may still Draft a WR in the second round IMO.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    i still wished we jumped on some free agents tho
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Cocoa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Dont forget the Jets were 4-12 in 07 and went 8-3 before Favre showed his age. Ending 9-5 over twice the wins they had in 07. What the fins did was a miracle and not the norm. They were playing on a lot of emotion. Now the Jets are building on what they started last year. The defense looks pretty damn good. If they get a QB there going to be tough. Blind homerism aside. Let the daggers start to fly!
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Island Dolphin

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Maui, Hawaii
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jayrad01 View Post
    Dont forget the Jets were 4-12 in 07 and went 8-3 before Favre showed his age. Ending 9-5 over twice the wins they had in 07. What the fins did was a miracle and not the norm. They were playing on a lot of emotion. Now the Jets are building on what they started last year. The defense looks pretty damn good. If they get a QB there going to be tough. Blind homerism aside. Let the daggers start to fly!
    Yes the Jets defense looks real strong this year. One move that made me jealous last year was the Jets pick up of D.Revis. That was done in the Draft. The Fins need a shutdown corner bad. A # WR would be great too.[
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Lets get those balls deep!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    the world
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by finowski View Post
    I absolutely agree with you, we can get a center in the draft.

But we should definitely sign a cornerback AND draft one. We want to compete with NE and therefore should be able to defend against their spread offense and skilled receivers.

Coles would be a great signing if he wants reasonable money. But I also like Bess, Camarillo and Ginn a lot. They are hardworking teamplayers and are still young. If we could acquire a Red-zone threat in Coles or via Draft we are set at WR.
    Yeah with our current CB's we will get creamed by Brady and Moss and Welker. Especially if we dont pick up another good OLB to pass rush. But I am more than confident that Parcells and Co already have a VERY good gameplan for that. I jsut want to sit back and watch him perform his masterpiece. I cant wait to see what they do with the rest of FA and the draft.
    "hey atleast I'm housebroken!"
    Quote Quote