Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Draft Pass Rushers

1. -1
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Draft Pass Rushers

Dolfans

Im going to bang this drum till april 26th, every time I read a post about miami needs to draft a wr/cb/nt I get so frustrated this teams most glaring need is a PASS RUSH!

Lets look first at what miami did with its WR crew last year a street FA Camarillo was having an excellent year until his injury, an un-drafted FA Devon Bess was by the end of the season the best WR on the team even Brandon London was getting playing time at the end, yes I agree an upgrade in talent would be nice but this offense can function with the talent it has.
    Not to mention Parcells/Ireland have shown an ability to find WR talent late in the draft even UDFA(Bess in Mia. Miles Austin in Dallas).

As for CB well again look at what they did with Goodman,Nat Jones and to some degree Jason Allen when he played mid season, he had some success.

Now for the weakest part of the team the pass rush after Joey Porter this team had NO pass rush and 3.5 sacks just got cut, so where is the pass rush going to come from? is Porter going to get 17 sacks again? Charlie Anderson is he now going to all of a sudden going to be the pass rusher the texans then the dolphins thought he'd be? Moses,Roth, Cam Wake? do you get what Im saying guys this team needs not just one they need possibly 2 more legit pass rushers.

Until the draft comes and goes Im banging my pass rush drum
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    load up baby!!!

unleash hell!!!!!
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Thanks / No Thanks
    A pass rusher is desperately needed...

4 Words...

Tom Brady is back.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    StickyIckyRicky

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Davie
    Thanks / No Thanks
    cushing in the first and cody brown/lawrence sidbury in the 3rd would be nice..

I dont think we need DE's, just LBs, i like our DL depth, just need a NT for future.
    Cam Wake wont be getting many sacks, he'll need one year to adjust to the talent level... Larry English would be more productive than Wake.. Either way, we need to upgrade all positions, and adding any one USC LB to play opposite of porter, and a late round tweener that can situational pass rush, whom will compete with wake..

I agree though, we need all defense, I'd be okay if we didn't get a WR until late day 2... If we can get a top 5 defense, our trickery, effiency and weapons should get us to the playoffs yet again
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    BAKLAVA

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    ILB that instinctively gets into the backfield to make plays and cause havoc.... i have been saying his all season and off-season.... thats a guy i would be looking for in the draft for sure!!!

i think out DL will start coming around, very young, year under their belts..... no Vonnie though
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    What the pass rush really needs is a bigger push up the middle.

But there is only one guy in this years draft who may be able to bring that and he is a dimwit and going top 10.

Roth won't be starting, it will be Wake most of the time. The outside rush and blitzing of Ayodele and Bell will be good.

Crowder sucks at blitzing and Fergusson is stout against the run but he really has no push up the middle resulting in teams being able to spend more time on our Ends.

That's why I am praying that Ndamukong Suh becomes a Dolphin in the 2010 draft. This kid does it all, including rush the passer.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    While I agree that Miami has a major need for a pass rusher. I think they will look to upgrade the blitz packages and give Camaron/Derek Wake a shot.

No pass rush = WR open within 3-5 seconds.

However...

No pass rush w/ no #2 & #3 CB's = WR open after the snap.

The biggest need is a CB that has the potential to unseat W. Allen in after this season. Will Allen is a FA next season and Miami has nobody in the lobby to take his place.

Miami will need about 2 offseasons to upgrade the corner position. It will take about the same amount of time to upgrade MLB (Akin's Future Replacement) and OLB (Porters Future Replacement). But in the mean time that position is much better off than their our CB's.

I think finding a NT is more pressing than our LB's. Other teams still apply pressure with less talent using blitz packages. There should be no reason that Miami cannot improve on it's blitz packages this season.

If M. Jenkins or V. Davis slip down to around 15-18, I would not be surprised to see Miami trade UP. That is how bad our CB's are right now.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    old pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    windermere
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ADavieDolphin View Post
    cushing in the first and cody brown/lawrence sidbury in the 3rd would be nice..

I dont think we need DE's, just LBs, i like our DL depth, just need a NT for future.
    Cam Wake wont be getting many sacks, he'll need one year to adjust to the talent level... Larry English would be more productive than Wake.. Either way, we need to upgrade all positions, and adding any one USC LB to play opposite of porter, and a late round tweener that can situational pass rush, whom will compete with wake..

I agree though, we need all defense, I'd be okay if we didn't get a WR until late day 2... If we can get a top 5 defense, our trickery, effiency and weapons should get us to the playoffs yet again
    The assumption that English will be more prepared for the NFL than Wake is erroneous.
    Wake is bigger and faster and played in the CFL. Week in and week out I believe the CFL has better competition than college football.
    I also believe that Wake is significantly more mature than the average 22 yo rookie and is hungry to prove he belongs in the NFL
    If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Cincinnati/UD
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Elliott 1 View Post
    What the pass rush really needs is a bigger push up the middle.

But there is only one guy in this years draft who may be able to bring that and he is a dimwit and going top 10.

Roth won't be starting, it will be Wake most of the time. The outside rush and blitzing of Ayodele and Bell will be good.

Crowder sucks at blitzing and Fergusson is stout against the run but he really has no push up the middle resulting in teams being able to spend more time on our Ends.

That's why I am praying that Ndamukong Suh becomes a Dolphin in the 2010 draft. This kid does it all, including rush the passer.
    Really? Cam Wake's going to start? You've gotta be kidding - a CFL star who's yet to play a down of NFL football will start?

Huge Props to Nublar7 for the awesome sig!

www.twoguystalkingfootball.com/ -for the inside scoop on the NFL, College Bowl Season, and the NFL draft, come check out my blog.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Believe In Miami

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    canada, Qc
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jlfin View Post
    The assumption that English will be more prepared for the NFL than Wake is erroneous.
    Wake is bigger and faster and played in the CFL. Week in and week out I believe the CFL has better competition than college football.
    I also believe that Wake is significantly more mature than the average 22 yo rookie and is hungry to prove he belongs in the NFL
    the top 5 powerhouses of the ncaa could beat a CFL team, trust me

SIG BET VICTIM
    Quote Quote