Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 464748495051

Thread: Official UFC/MMA Thread..Spoiler Alert..

1. -501
    Soul Rebel

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Georgia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo

Quote Quote  

2. -502
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dream Songs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rob19 View Post
    Didn't get to watch the main card. Saw the Prelims, then I had to get going, but both title fights sounded like they lived up to the hype. Also, Matt Brown is one of my favorite athletes to watch - relative to how good he actually is. Unless he's fighting the best of the best, guys just can't match his will. I was actually worried for him a bit. He was slower and shorter than his opponent, but he beasted through him - like he does against everyone who hasn't held the belt.

Connor is a dream champion for the UFC. Hopefully that Aldo fight happens sooner than later.
    Quote Quote  

3. -503
    Soul Rebel

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Georgia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by j-off-her-doll View Post
    Didn't get to watch the main card. Saw the Prelims, then I had to get going, but both title fights sounded like they lived up to the hype. Also, Matt Brown is one of my favorite athletes to watch - relative to how good he actually is. Unless he's fighting the best of the best, guys just can't match his will. I was actually worried for him a bit. He was slower and shorter than his opponent, but he beasted through him - like he does against everyone who hasn't held the belt.

Connor is a dream champion for the UFC. Hopefully that Aldo fight happens sooner than later.
    189 might have been the greatest card in the history of the UFC. I am glad I ponied up and didn't stream this one. Matt Brown kicked the show off, and then we have five straight stoppages on the main card. All of them very entertaining fights. Rory versus Robbie is a strong candidate for fight of the year. Neither of them were in any shape to attend the post-fight press conference. The two flying knees we saw from Almeida and Stephens were interesting to me. You don't see them very often, but I wonder if that will become more in vogue against wrestlers.

Conor mentioned after the fight there were worse things wrong with him than a bruised rib, and he still showed up. Wouldn't say what it was because he didn't see the point in bringing it up now, but the rumor is he has a torn MCL in his knee that will require surgery at some point soon. If true, makes Aldo looks absolutely terrible.

The live music was well executed, too. In the post-fight press conference, Dana said he can see why in boxing that they just hand the singer a mic and have them walk out with the fighter, because it's so much cheaper and easier, but they wanted to do it right and got the two lifts they use for the Grammys. No disrespect to whatever country singer sang Chad out, but Sinead doing Foggy Dew for Conor was something else.

Quote Quote  

4. -504
    Soul Rebel

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Georgia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo

Quote Quote