Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 13 of 49 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Official UFC/MMA Thread..Spoiler Alert..

1. -121
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Cackalaka
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins LogoCam Wake 91
    Quote Originally Posted by GoonBoss View Post
    I would say don't underestimate Lesner. He's about as focused as they come. He's genuinely a mean, ill tempered person and really a machine.

As sort of outside looking in on MMA (Not really invested in it. Too many wannabe jack offs running around here with Tapout gear and bald heads for me to want to associate with it) I can tell you what Lesner did at the end of the fight helped MMA a LOT. I have never heard of an MMA even being discussed on national sports radio for ONE whole day, not to mention TWO whole days. Lots of that was due to Lesner's antics.

As he said; He is used to performing on VERY large stages and in the WWE he was generally a "heel", or the bad guy (As opposed to a "face", good guy). He just did what he was programed to do. The owner of MMA put a boot up his ***, and, rightly so, but Brock was just doing what he had to do. In the wrestling industry it's called "pop". "Pop" is crowd reaction. It can be cheers, or boos. Doesn't matter which. "Pop" is always good.

Think about it. MMA fans will either want to see Lesner fight and win, or fight and get beat...Sort of like Bisping. Lesner's stuff may well start to bring in the sideline and fringe fans that bring money into the sport, as well as exposure. That's how you get ESPN pimping your product.

I will admit I paid lots closer attention to MMA before and after this event. I'm paying closer attention now. I'm not on board completely yet, but, I can see myself edgeing closer.
    While I agree Lesnar is good for the sport and helping it grow leaps and bounds, and the first part of your post is spot on, which is why I'd argue that Lesnar isn't playing a character. I'd argue that he's been more 'real' than most other fighters on the UFC roster.

Reason I say that is because during all of the pre-fight smack talk between himself and Mir, Brock seemed genuinely pissed off. And Mir kept antagonzing. To be honest I think Mir was just trying to hype the fight like many fighters do, understanding that it will increase interest and PPV buys, while Lesnar, still new to the sport was taking it all personally.

You could say, well Lesnar just played his heel character and was seeing it all the way through. Well, if I reflect on the Couture fight it says otherwise. Couture had little negative things to say about Brock, so Brock didn't sya to much to Randy. They just got in there and duked it out, far cry from the build up of Lesnar/Mir.
    Quote Quote  

2. -122
    "I See No Changes" - Tupac

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BobDole View Post
    fedor - velasquez.
    carwin would lose and then beat mir.
    couture - couture.
    silvia. herring is a complete joke.
    gonzaga already beat cro cop with the most devastating kick basically ever. i'd take cro cop the second time around.
    werdum.
    arlovski.
    vera.
    barnett.
    mccully but who knows.
    sanchez.
    thanks for answering too
    Quote Quote  

3. -123
    Finheaven Templar

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    The Crossroads of TX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Chi View Post
    While I agree Lesnar is good for the sport and helping it grow leaps and bounds, and the first part of your post is spot on, which is why I'd argue that Lesnar isn't playing a character. I'd argue that he's been more 'real' than most other fighters on the UFC roster.

Reason I say that is because during all of the pre-fight smack talk between himself and Mir, Brock seemed genuinely pissed off. And Mir kept antagonzing. To be honest I think Mir was just trying to hype the fight like many fighters do, understanding that it will increase interest and PPV buys, while Lesnar, still new to the sport was taking it all personally.

You could say, well Lesnar just played his heel character and was seeing it all the way through. Well, if I reflect on the Couture fight it says otherwise. Couture had little negative things to say about Brock, so Brock didn't sya to much to Randy. They just got in there and duked it out, far cry from the build up of Lesnar/Mir.
    Oh completely I agree with lots of what you've said. Brock wanted that fight bad. While that rage and antagonism is part of him, it was pretty clear to me that he was kicking into showman mode after the fight. Lets tick the blocks....Insult major sponsor, flip off the fans and antagonize them...Yeah. That's Brock the mic trained pro wrestler.

The thing is; He's also just naturally that guy so it's hard to separate the two unless you've seen his WWE schtick which I have.

Thanks Shifty!

Quote Quote  

4. -124
    "I See No Changes" - Tupac

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KDog13 View Post
    My Bouts I Want To See for HeavyWeight

Lol Some Are Probably Unrealistic But Tell Me Who Would Win Them

HeavyWeight Brock Vs Fedor KO Or vs Winner Carwin vs Valasquez TKO
    HeavyWeight Mir Vs Valasquez Kneebar
    HeavyWeight Cheick Kongo Vs Winner of Couture vs Nogueira TK0 (Both)
    HeavyWeight Tim Slyvia Vs Heath Herring Decision Unanimous
    HeavyWeight Mirko Cro Cop Vs Gabriel Gonzaga Rematch KO HEAD KICK
    HeavyWeight Brett Rogers Vs Fabricio Werdum KO
    HeavyWeight Andrei Arvlovski vs Junior Dos Santos TKO
    HeavyWeight Brandon Vera Vs Mark Coleman TKO
    HeavyWeight Josh Barnett Vs Jeff Monson Rematch Decision Split
    HeavyWeight Antoni Hardonk vs Justin McCully Armbar
    HeavyWeight Eddie Sanchez vs Ken Shamrock Heel Hook

LOL MY PICKS ARE ODD
    Quote Quote  

5. -125
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Cackalaka
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by GoonBoss View Post
    Oh completely I agree with lots of what you've said. Brock wanted that fight bad. While that rage and antagonism is part of him, it was pretty clear to me that he was kicking into showman mode after the fight. Lets tick the blocks....Insult major sponsor, flip off the fans and antagonize them...Yeah. That's Brock the mic trained pro wrestler.

The thing is; He's also just naturally that guy so it's hard to separate the two unless you've seen his WWE schtick which I have.
    Haha no doubt, I think with the booing crowd he had a flashback -- he was in the WWE again for a moment.
    Quote Quote  

6. -126
    ...FOR ME TO POOP ON

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    would love for ufc to sign lashley i think him and lesner would be an awesome fight down the road
    Quote Quote  

7. -127
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Cackalaka
    Thanks / No Thanks
    http://mmamania.com/
    video halfway down the page.

Floyd Mayweather bashes MMA (yet again) Says MMA is for beer drinkers - says there's no dominant white boxers so they had to go create something else(hi double standard.) -Suggests MMA takes no skill.
    Quote Quote  

8. -128
    The World Is Yours

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tallahassee
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Chi View Post
    video halfway down the page.

Floyd Mayweather bashes MMA (yet again) Says MMA is for beer drinkers - says there's no dominant white boxers so they had to go create something else(hi double standard.) -Suggests MMA takes no skill.
    Id love to see Kenny Florian or someone rip his leg off.
    Quote Quote  

9. -129
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dream Songs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Miguel Torres would dominate Mayweather.
    Quote Quote  

10. -130
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Central Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by GrandMaster D View Post
    would love for ufc to sign lashley i think him and lesner would be an awesome fight down the road
    looks like Lashley might get a shot at Fedor...Barnet got caught with something.

I am punching my avatar in the face!
    Quote Quote