Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 14 of 49 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Official UFC/MMA Thread..Spoiler Alert..

1. -131
    "I See No Changes" - Tupac

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by moe View Post
    looks like Lashley might get a shot at Fedor...Barnet got caught with something.

http://mmamania.com/
    nah he said he doesn't feel that it would be smart to jump into the fight since he hasn't been training. I want Brett Rogers to step up.
    Quote Quote  

2. -132
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Cackalaka
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Affliction Trilogy cancelled.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...led/index.html

Little late on this news but Fedor's opponent the supposed #2 ranked HW in the world, Josh Barnett as was mentioned, failed a steroids test and was denied a license to fight.

Too bad, I was looking forward to it.
    Quote Quote  

3. -133
    Paddy's Pub

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Boom City
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Chi View Post
    Affliction Trilogy cancelled.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...led/index.html

Little late on this news but Fedor's opponent the supposed #2 ranked HW in the world, Josh Barnett as was mentioned, failed a steroids test and was denied a license to fight.

Too bad, I was looking forward to it.
    knew that was coming. hard to find a replacement to fight fedor that quick. too bad, was also looking forward to that bout. maybe we'll see fedor in the ufc quicker than we thought.

Quote Quote  

4. -134
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Cackalaka
    Thanks / No Thanks

Fedor will only fight in the UFC if they co-promote with M1-Global

http://mmajunkie.com/news/15640/fedo...-are-right.mma

"This the moment of truth that the UFC has talked about," Finkelchtein stated in a recent release issued by his company, M-1 Global. "Fedor and I are here in the States. If they want to come out and fly here, we are ready to conduct negotiations."

------

While Finkelchtein's latest statement seems to lend some hope for that result, the terms of a potential contract may still prove impossible for the UFC to consider.

"Of course, it still doesn't imply we are ready to accept any conditions they'll throw at us," Finkelchtein said. "We want to talk to the UFC about having Fedor compete against some of their fighters, but only within the framework of co-promotional efforts with M-1 Global."
    This is an absurd request to me. Basicly Fedor's management is asking the UFC to help a competitor in order for him to fight in the UFC. I can tell you now the UFC won't meet these demands.. so unless they cave we probably won't be seeing Fedor in the UFC.
    Quote Quote  

5. -135
    Paddy's Pub

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Boom City
    Thanks / No Thanks
    that is so fugging gay. yeah - the ufc is gonna cave for some other mickey mouse fight league to promote their product. fedor's management needs to take their head out of their *** and get fugging real. this really upsets me because i've been waiting for fedor to showcase his talent on the big boy stage for a long time. now people will just argue in circles as to who would win the ultimate matchup - lesnar or fedor. very frustrating.
    Quote Quote  

6. -136
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Cackalaka
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Fedor knows there's no way the UFC is gonna co-promote with some irrelevant org, I hate to think this, but it seems to me like they're making ridiculous demands give Fedor a reason to duck the UFC, and it's talent pool.
    Quote Quote  

7. -137
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Central Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think the deal is the Fedor doesn't really care. I heard somewhere else that he wanted to be allowed to compete in Sambo tournaments and whatnot. You would think that he would put all that behind him and focus on MMA. He likes to compete, but has no ambition to be the greatest even though everybody already says he is.
    I am punching my avatar in the face!
    Quote Quote  

8. -138
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Cackalaka
    Thanks / No Thanks
    -It's been reported that the UFC has offered Fedor a contract of 6 fights/30 million(that's an insane number based on MMA salaries.) Also an immediate title shot.

-the UFC offered M-1 Global a cut of the PPV profits.

Fedor's management has turned all of this down.

The Vultures that are Fedor's management (M-1 Global) wont relent on their demand for the UFC to co-promote.

Suffice it to say the UFC has been well more than reasonable in negotiations. Fedor's management isn't representing Fedor they're representing themselves. Fedor better wake up and smell the java.
    Quote Quote  

9. -139
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Cackalaka
    Thanks / No Thanks
    In regards to strict terms of UFC contract, we asked Aleksander Emelianenko(Fedor's brother) to comment:

"You can deal with UFC, I know that they have flexible contract system. All these talks about "strict" contract terms with signing with UFC, come ONLY from Vadim Finkelstein, who wants to push his owns business projects through Fedor's fights"
    Quote Quote  

10. -140
    Paddy's Pub

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Boom City
    Thanks / No Thanks
    it's too bad that arguably the best fighter ever appears to be a giant puppet with some russian douchebag pulling the strings. a very sad state of affairs.
    Quote Quote