Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 15 of 49 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Official UFC/MMA Thread..Spoiler Alert..

1. -141
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Cackalaka
    Thanks / No Thanks

Translated interview with Fedor's manager, Vadim Finkelstein

http://mixfight.ru/news/2009/7/31/Va...bolshe_dlya_r/

Vadim Finkelstein and Fedor have come back to Russia on the evening of July 30. M-1 Global president immediately gave an exclusive interview to our site, main goal of which was to respond to various critical arrows that were sent towards M-1 Global on Russian sites and forums in the last days. He also discussed the talks with the UFC and further plans of development of M-1 Global. Here is the first part of the interview

Under which conditions are you prepared to make deals with other organizations?

M-1 is a worldwide organization. You know well that we do M-1 Challenge, M-1 Selection, but it's hard to do bigger events by ourselves, so we are open for a partnership with other organizations.

On the mixfight.ru site there is a poll that asks which organization should M-1 work with: 55% - UFC, 14% - Dream, 9% Strikeforce. Can you comment on these numbers from your point of view.

We will only work with those organizations, with whom it is profitable. I fully understand the fans, and their wish so that we would give away Fedor to UFC, for whatever destiny awaits (Russian derogatory saying, as if to say, give him to UFC and they will do with him whatever they please). But we will not do so, because we will only work with organizations on equal footing.

Who is Fedor's most likely opponent right now?

Right now there are many good opponents: Monson, Overeem, Buentello, Rogers. Unfortunately UFC's athletes are locked inside a cage...

When would the fight take place?

It's possible that it will take place very soon. This year 100%.

Did you and Fedor meet with Dana White, what is his position?

We met with UFC's attorneys. From our side we had Fedor, myself, Apy and our attorney. Dana and Lorenzo talked to us through a conference call, because they were in Europe at the moment. Unfortunately Dana didn't have the opportunity to take pictures with Fedor and ask him for an autograph (laughs). They made a good offer for a fighter of a champion's calibur. If this offer was made two years ago - we would've taken it. But today Fedor is co-owner of M-1 Global. Our goal is to do as much as possible for development of MMA not only in America, but in the whole world.

How was Dana white when you talked to him?

He was very dimplomatic in the conversations, there was no shouting at each other. Everyone carried themselves quite friendly. The meeting was held on the highest level of business negotiations.

There are rumors on the internet that Fedor was offered 6 fights and $30 million dollars for the whole deal.

There was not even mention of such numbers. That's just rumors. We discussed two, maximum three fights. There was also talk about deals on the PPV, and they offered us a commercial spot. But we are not sponsors, we are a company who organizes competitions. In some countries we have better contracts than UFC. For example, in Russia Fedor's fight was going to be shown on the central "Channel One", while UFC is being shown on the cable "NTV Plus". Also UFC is not too popular in Asia. We offered to put up money and do the production in those countries where we already have contracts.

Many MMa fans think that Fedor's career will come to an end without even starting, if he doesn't sign with UFC (many believe that UFC is a deserving ending to the career).

Fedor became a legend without ever competing in the UFC, while defeating soundly the UFC champions. Fedor today is someone to look up to. He is a head of a company, that is trying to get its niche, which is not easy, but has all the potential to develop MMA in the world.

The fans think the with his refusal to go to UFC, Fedor Emelianenko has demonstrated a big disrespect to his fans - and he can lose the love and respect of the fans in the whole world.

If I was one of the fans I would lose respect for UFC, for destroying companies and running monopolistic politcs, while not allowing MMA to develop. Who accuses Fedor of disrespect - the fans of UFC, Fans of the brand; but not the fans of our whole sport; they're victims of the PR-machine started by UFC.
    Quote Quote  

2. -142
    Paddy's Pub

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Boom City
    Thanks / No Thanks
    unless something was really, really lost in the translation - this guy should be taken out back and shot. wished fedor knew better. destroying companies and running monopolistic politics? please.

Quote Quote  

3. -143
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Cackalaka
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BobDole View Post
    unless something was really, really lost in the translation - this guy should be taken out back and shot. wished fedor knew better. destroying companies and running monopolistic politics? please.
    Yes. The man is a lunatic and only interested in riding Fedor to his own business endeavors. Nothing but a leech. Unfortunately he seems to have Fedor brainwashed into thinking that he should be loyal to his Russian org, who's only noteable fighter is Fedor himself. Meanwhile he's screwing Fedor out of the biggest pay day he could get and screwing himself because the UFC even offered free advertisement for the M-1 brand and a cut of PPV profits, and screwing the fans out of seeing Fedor vs top competition. The UFC has been more than reasonable.

Oh well, good luck Fedor in your lesser orgs fighting 2nd rate talent.
    Quote Quote  

4. -144
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Central Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks

Fedor signs with strikeforce?

From MMAScraps...vis MMAmania.com

Former PRIDE FC Heavyweight Champion and Affliction MMA headliner Fedor Emelianenko (30-1) has signed a multi-fight contract with the San Jose-based “Strikeforce” mixed martial arts promotion under a special co-promotion agreement with M-1 Global.
    I am punching my avatar in the face!
    Quote Quote  

5. -145
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Cackalaka
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by moe View Post
    From MMAScraps...vis MMAmania.com

Former PRIDE FC Heavyweight Champion and Affliction MMA headliner Fedor Emelianenko (30-1) has signed a multi-fight contract with the San Jose-based “Strikeforce” mixed martial arts promotion under a special co-promotion agreement with M-1 Global.
    He's a big gaping VaJJJJ! Only guys out there for him to fight are.. Overeem and Brett Rogers, and maybe Werdum. I'd pick Lesnar, Velasquez and Carwin over any of them TBH. Maybe even Couture, and Mir.
    Quote Quote  

6. -146
    Bleeding 305 since 1987

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Whos ready for UFC 101???

I hope Griffin beats Silva and Penn beats Florian...none the less should be a good event!
    Quote Quote  

7. -147
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dream Songs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Remember when you guys were saying that I was underestimating Griffin - when I was saying he had little to no chance against Silva? Well . . .
    Quote Quote  

8. -148
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Cackalaka
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'm not so sure he wasn't paid to take a dive lol.. Did you see that punch that KO'd him. I know Forrest has a suspect chin but come on.

Anyway, yeah Anderson is definitely the best striker in MMA.

By the way, I didn't anticipate Forrest would keep it standing. I expected him to create a grappling match.

Anderson is dominating all these guys trying to stand with him, I want to see him face sombody with some wrestling/bjj, who will actually attempt to use it on him.
    Quote Quote  

9. -149
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dream Songs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    By the way, I didn't anticipate Forrest would keep it standing. I expected him to create a grappling match.
    Me too. I was worried that Forrest would flop on top of Silva for the entire fight.

Anderson is dominating all these guys trying to stand with him, I want to see him face sombody with some wrestling/bjj, who will actually attempt to use it on him.
    I still think D. Henderson could beat Silva. For whatever reason, Henderson seems ashamed of the fact that he's a world class wrestler. Silva does have a weakness: his take down defense. But, Henderson would have to punish Silva each time he took him down. GSP might have a shot, but Silva's size could make it difficult for GSP.
    Quote Quote  

10. -150
    "I See No Changes" - Tupac

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    dam Silva really keeps amazing me. I thought Griffin would be better in this fight. Lets go Florian take out B.J Penn.
    Quote Quote