Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 8 of 48 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Official UFC/MMA Thread..Spoiler Alert..

1. -71
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Central Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    That was an awsome fight. A lot of folks thought guida actually pulled it out. I can see how it could go either way. I here's the way I had it
    Rd 1 buttfumble 10-9
    Rd 2 Draw 10-10 or 9-9 however it goes.
    Rd 3 Guida 10-9

A lot of people thought buttfumble got the 1st round 10-8, but I think Guida might have done enough to make you believe he was still in the fight, which he was. I could see how the second round could go either way because, though Guida was aggressive and somewhat effective from the top, buttfumble did bust him open with those elbows. Still, mad props to Guida for making it through that 1st round.
    I am punching my avatar in the face!
    Quote Quote  

2. -72
    Bleeding 305 since 1987

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Just a couple of days until UFC 100!

What are your prediction guys?

I honestly don't like neither Lesnar or Mir but would like Lesnar to win. I hate Michael Bisping and hope Dan Henderson kicks his *** but the one I want to see win is Thiago Alves ( He's one of my fav. fighters).
    Last edited by Dolfan3773; 07-07-2009 at 08:36 PM.
    Quote Quote  

3. -73
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Cackalaka
    Thanks / No Thanks

Bisping's Island

I found this pretty amusing.

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FKx6_K5MgxE&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FKx6_K5MgxE&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

I got Lesnar, Alves, and Henderson
    You got guns, that don't make you a killa n****.
    The REAL USC Est. 1801
    Support Ron Paul 2012
    Quote Quote  

4. -74
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Central Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I don't like Mir or Bisping. Both of those guys are arrogant as hell. I think Bisping will beat Hendo by split decision because he will rely on sound defense and won't take too many chances and won't make many mistakes. Bisping will do just enough to win the favor of the judges. It will be boring.

I think Brock will beat mir by referee stoppage due to strikes. He was owning Mir in the first fight before he got caught in that leg lock. Hopefully, with a little bit more experience under his belt, Lesnar will not get caught before he KOs Mir.
    Quote Quote  

5. -75
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dream Songs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'm one of those people that disses Guida.

But, to UFC 100:

I'm most excited about the GSP fight. He should beat Alves. He's a better striker and a better grappler, but Alves can finish, so he's a threat. If GSP wins, there's really no one else for him to fight at 170, and from what I hear, he WILL be fighting A. Silva. If there ever were a dream fight, that'd be up there.

Unless Henderson gets old really fast, he should murder Bisping. Henderson is the only person not named Anderson to beat Rich Franklin since December, 2003.

I don't know how to think of the Mir/Lesnar fight. Mir beat a very weakened Nogueira, but he looked pretty good. Brok beat a notably older (slower, less physically stable) Randy. So, they're both coming of strange wins - where they both looked pretty good. Also, we don't know to what extend Lensar's improved his submission defense - as he's not been tested in that area.
    Quote Quote  

6. -76
    Paddy's Pub

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Boom City
    Thanks / No Thanks
    the lesnar/mir fight is real simple. if they stay on their feet, lesnar murders him. if they go to the ground at basically any point during the fight, lesnar will get caught in an arm bar or leg lock. i think lesnar is smart enough to stay on his feet and not pounce on mir once he goes down - learning from the last fight - and will just demolish mir. i think GSP dismantles alves, although i would love the opposite to come true. hate GSP with a passion. i think henderson should handle bisping - hate that cocky *** brit as well. i see one of those huge looping right hands that henderson likes to throw putting bisping in his place. he's not an easy guy to hit - so henderson needs to keep his composure and not chase him down like everyone else does.

not a huge fan of the undercard - but i see fitch, akiyama, bonner, miller, o'brien, grant, dollaway, and grice all walking away with victories - although most of those fights can go either way.

Quote Quote  

7. -77
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Cackalaka
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BobDole View Post
    the lesnar/mir fight is real simple. if they stay on their feet, lesnar murders him. .
    That's funny because on the countdown to UFC 100 show Mir says he'd beat Brock in a striking match 99 times out of 100.

Course I strongly disagree. As Rogan said, if you get hit with one of those lunch boxes Brock calls hands you're gonna hit the ground.

I agree with what you said about GSP Alves, I picked that fight with my heart and not my mind. I want to see Alves win and I think he has a chance if he can manage to keep it standing, Hughes and Koscheck couldn't ground him so that's a pretty good sign. GSP is obviously the favorite however.
    Quote Quote  

8. -78
    Paddy's Pub

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Boom City
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Chi View Post
    That's funny because on the countdown to UFC 100 show Mir says he'd beat Brock in a striking match 99 times out of 100.

Course I strongly disagree. As Rogan said, if you get hit with one of those lunch boxes Brock calls hands you're gonna hit the ground.

I agree with what you said about GSP Alves, I picked that fight with my heart and not my mind. I want to see Alves win and I think he has a chance if he can manage to keep it standing, Hughes and Koscheck couldn't ground him so that's a pretty good sign. GSP is obviously the favorite however.
    i watched that countdown too - and laughed out loud. mir doesn't have a quarter of the power that lesnar does. hell, lesnar took couture out with a glazing blow to the side/back of the head. mir's game is on the ground. sure, he looked good on his feet against nogueira, but doesn't everybody? i'm sure his hands have improved but unless he plans on hitting lesnar a hundred times - and lesnar not hitting him once - he needs to take that fight to the ground.

the GSP/alves fight should be entertaining. GSP is just as dangerous on his feet than on the ground so alves has his work cut out for him. am very much looking forward to that one.
    Quote Quote  

9. -79
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Cackalaka
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BobDole View Post
    i watched that countdown too - and laughed out loud. mir doesn't have a quarter of the power that lesnar does. hell, lesnar took couture out with a glazing blow to the side/back of the head. mir's game is on the ground. sure, he looked good on his feet against nogueira, but doesn't everybody? i'm sure his hands have improved but unless he plans on hitting lesnar a hundred times - and lesnar not hitting him once - he needs to take that fight to the ground.
    Problem is, there's no way he's taking Lesnar to the ground. If Lesnar is wise he'd force Mir to stand and bang rather than get in his guard and have to fend off submission attempts.

the GSP/alves fight should be entertaining. GSP is just as dangerous on his feet than on the ground so alves has his work cut out for him. am very much looking forward to that one.
    Yes, i'm looking forward to this one the most. I read Alves was having trouble making weight earlier in the week, but he has it under control said he was 183 as of yesterday, has to lose 13 lbs in 3 days, yikes. But according to him it's routine and he says he's ahead of schedule.
    Quote Quote  

10. -80
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dream Songs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Just out of curiosity, why the hate for GSP? Not a point to argue, just curious.

To me, GSP's the most complete fighter in the UFC - maybe all of MMA (would probably go Fedor). I have only one criticism for GSP: when he takes someone down and has the chance to finish, he wrestles too much - rather than creating space to knock out his opponent. But, 99% of fighters have this fault.
    Quote Quote