Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why this team needs to address the WR position...

1. -1
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    texas
    Thanks / No Thanks

Why this team needs to address the WR position...

The Miami Dolphins in the past 2 years combined have a total of 12 Tds coming from only the wideout position! Thats of course the lowest of any team in the last 2 years. My question is do most agree we need to pick someone up either in the draft (Jeremy Maclin?) or like in free agency (Marvin Harrison?) If we ever want to become an elite team we need some WR's that will be a serious threat on the field. What do you guys think?
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'm all for drafting Hakeem Nicks if he's still there when Miami picks in the 1st.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    BAKLAVA

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    one main reason for our WR's not obtaining more TD's is cause we do not have a big physical WR when we get in the Redzone or even close to the redzone. We have solid WR's though, but they do and will struggle in this aspect of the game.

a guy like Ramses Barden would be great to fit in here.... obviously Nicks will help us in many aspects of the game, including in the redzone.

one player we already have who i think can definitely help us in the Redzone for WR's, with his solid route running and instincts across the middle is Brandon London. he's been working and developing, hopefully it is almost time for him to start contributing!!!
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Maclin is a top 15 guy he wont be there and i see us drafting a guy in the 2nd, all depends if we address corner or not, Ken Lucas is a good corner but if we pass on him then we gotta draft one
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando Fla
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I still feel that the top 3 picks in the draft will go to defensive needs, They may pick a WR starting with the 4th pick but no higher. As for FA, I don't think there is much left to pick from. Holt and Harrison are not the Big tall WR you are speaking about. However I think both still have a bit left in the tank. If there is any truth about a possible trade for Tony G. he would be a better option for a Big Red zone receiver.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    While definitely an area of need, do not see it as high a priority as a few other positions that I think we should address first. Rather see money go into LB,CB, DL then maybe WR.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Defense Assistant

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I do not think WR, is as pressing as other needs on the defensive side of the ball. Therefore WR, I do not believe should be taken in the first round. The WR the Fins have are young and developing, London can be that large Red Zone threat, and Ginn, Bess and GC have very high potential.

If the Fins do go WR in the 1st, I would prefer Kenny Britt over Hakeem Nicks. Nicks may have the advantage with his hands, but Britt is taller, and his body frame is more what the Phins need as a Red Zone threat. If they pass on WR early, I like Barden later on
    Grew up in Jersey go to school in New England... FINS ALL THE WAY
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    ihaveprettyfeet

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Calgary Alberta
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlando Fan View Post
    I still feel that the top 3 picks in the draft will go to defensive needs, They may pick a WR starting with the 4th pick but no higher. As for FA, I don't think there is much left to pick from. Holt and Harrison are not the Big tall WR you are speaking about. However I think both still have a bit left in the tank. If there is any truth about a possible trade for Tony G. he would be a better option for a Big Red zone receiver.
    Hopefully
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    ihaveprettyfeet

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Calgary Alberta
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by allport30 View Post
    The Miami Dolphins in the past 2 years combined have a total of 12 Tds coming from only the wideout position! Thats of course the lowest of any team in the last 2 years. My question is do most agree we need to pick someone up either in the draft (Jeremy Maclin?) or like in free agency (Marvin Harrison?) If we ever want to become an elite team we need some WR's that will be a serious threat on the field. What do you guys think?
    FA fine but not an early draft pick too many needs CB, OLB, ILB, OLine and NT but not a particualrly good draft for NT
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Believe In Miami

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    canada, Qc
    Thanks / No Thanks
    i love what we've got in bess/camarillo/ginn/london ... but i agree that we must add to that. Nicks is intriguing, massaquoi is a guy i really like but he seems to me like a camarillo 2.0 so there's no point in aquiring him... britt and barden are middle round possibilities that are noteworthy, especially with their size

SIG BET VICTIM
    Quote Quote