Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Few questions heading into the season.

1. -1
    If you ain't first, you're last!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Carolina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17Cam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo

Few questions heading into the season.

Ok. I am just wondering what rolls these guys will have not just this year, but seasons following.

First of, gibril wilson. i know he was brought in this year to fill hill's spot at FS (which i am exstatic about. hill was the worst part of our secondary last year). but since bell is into his 30's, will we pick up a real FS in this years draft or next years draft and then slide wilson over to SS? (since SS is where he plays his best).

Next, Cameron Wake. The hype for this guy is through the roof. i am very excited as well. but porter is also ageing just as bell is. if wake performs to the standards the FO has them at, will wake be porter's replacement soon.

And last, Eric Green. Im still not comfortable with Green starting opposite Allen. and also not comfortable with the fact that Green's competition for the starting job is none other than Jason Allen. I see the FO grabbing a CB with the first round pick and having the rookie who is drafted start opposite will allen. and slide green down to slot and have jason allen after. i would much rather that. or maybe green second string and the rookie third. i just want jason allen on the field as little as possible. but the receiving cores that we have to face the season are very scary. lee evans alone was a phin killer. now TO and Evans. thats not gonna be fun. and thats just the bills.

Now to wrap this up. Unlike alot of ppl on this forum, i am very happy of what the FO has done so far this off-season. except the Bodden thing. if eric green's contract is near bodden's i will not be happy. but besides that. the FO didnt get into any bidding wars for players and they have spent their money well to this point. the draft is in a month and a couple of days and i am overjoyed about what is in the future for the new miami dolphins. we are no longer in the group of atrocious teams that noone wants to watch in the NFL. and one last thing. PLEASE!!! PLEASE!!! BILL. PLEASE DO NOT LEAVE US!!!
    "Fundamentals, technique, execution -- primary. Scheme -- secondary."

"We will incorporate an aggressive, up-tempo, attacking style in all three phases of the game."

"Our team will play with discipline, poise, and maximum effort."

"I want us to be the best tackling team in the NFL, the best team in pursuit, I want to take the ball away from other teams, I want to rattle the opposing quarterback every opportunity we get."

-- Joe Philbin 01/12

Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The Dolphins tried to sign Bodden and McFadden but they went elsewhere. As for the Green contract it is going to be more because Bodden received the veteran minimum and Greens deal is a multi year deal. I would like to see Green opposite of Allen and the rookie we draft in the slot or the rookie we draft opposite of Allen and Green in the slot.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Carolina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by FinsDBess15 View Post
    The Dolphins tried to sign Bodden and McFadden but they went elsewhere. As for the Green contract it is going to be more because Bodden received the veteran minimum and Greens deal is a multi year deal. I would like to see Green opposite of Allen and the rookie we draft in the slot or the rookie we draft opposite of Allen and Green in the slot.
    kinda what i said.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    i dont like green to much either... i really dont understand it.. but i have faith in the FO
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lah, lah land
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Bodden's taking a big chance that he plays great and in an uncapped year he makes off with the ATM machine, the armoured truck and the bank as well.

The FO has done a great job and I can't wait for the draft to unfold as they put some finishing touches on this defense.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Competition-The Elixir Of Success!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Spring Hill, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    don't sell Jason short. he's still on the roster for a reason & the guy has alll the tools to be an shut-down corner. maybe he'll bring it on in 09. let them compete
    "Deus Americas Benedicat"
    I-Corp._ AMERICAL DIVISION
    (R.V.N. 68-69TET Offensive) 123rd Avn. Battalion23rd Inf. Division _ Door Gunner: Co.A _ Ranger Attachment _ Assault Helicopters
    Quote Quote  

7. -7

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Carolina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rio View Post
    don't sell Jason short. he's still on the roster for a reason & the guy has alll the tools to be an shut-down corner. maybe he'll bring it on in 09. let them compete
    how many more chances does jason allen get?
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Finaholic

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Sanford Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If the fins draft a rookie look for it to be in the 3rd round someone who they can develope. the signing of eric green dictacted that IMHO.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Finaholic

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Sanford Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jason Allen probably will be cut or traded.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Gary Speed RIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I really dont know what people were expecting of the FO to do this off-season, other than find, cheap, relieable players to come in and do a job. I mean people had us pegged to sign the big money players like Suggs, Scott, Brown, Gross and others. But this FO dont seem to want to get into bidding wars and overpay for players.

The Fins are going to build through the draft. I agree a CB will be selected high, along with an OLB and maybe NT/WR. I would personally be very surprised to see a Safety in the high rounds but you never know, if someone like Chung or Johnson drop to us in the 3rd round then the FO may well pull the trigger on them.
    Quote Quote