Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

Thread: Release Dates for this Summer Movie Season

1. -1
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Louisville, KY
    Thanks / No Thanks

Release Dates for this Summer Movie Season

Just thought I'd post the release dates from the big (ish) movies coming out this summer. And a few random thoughts about some of them.

3/27 - Monsters vs. Aliens (Dreamworks)

4/03 - Fast & Furious (Universal) - Walker and Diesel together again. Let the horrible acting commence!
    4/08 - Dragonball: Evolution - (20th Century Fox) - I loved the anime, but I doubt its going to work as a live action movie
    4/10 - The Hannah Montana Movie (Walt Disney) - Its going to be big (ish) so I had to put it on here. Don't shoot the messenger
    4/24 - Mutant Chronicles (Magnet Releasing) - The reviews at Cannes were not kind to this film, so beware.
    4/24 - The Soloist (Dreamworks) - An oscar nomination for Foxx may come from this.

5/01 - X-Men Origins: Wolverine (20th Century Fox) - They had to do some reshoots on this film, that is sometimes a bad sign.
    5/08 - Star Trek (Paramount) - The trailors for this look sick. JJ Abrams may have out done himself on this one...
    5/15 - Angels & Demons (Sony)
    5/22 - Terminator Salvation (Warner Bros.) - Bale is going to come to your house are rant at you until you go see this movie.
    5/22 - Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian (20th Century Fox) - The first one was a good time and a surprisingly enjoyable movie, especially by Ben Stiller standards. Hopefully this one will be too.
    5/29 - Up (Walt Disney) - animation

6/05 - Land of the Lost (Universal) - Will Ferrell in an action/comedy. Very rarely can you go wrong with Ferrell. It should be fun.
    6/12 - The Taking of Pelham 123 (Columbia) - Denzel Washington vs. John Travolta...on a train.
    6/19 - Year One (Columbia) - Jack Black and Michael Cera directed by Harold Ramis, produced by Apatow. This movie is either going to be pee your pants funny, or totally craptastic. Nothing in between.
    6/24 - Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (Paramount) - The first one actually didn't totally suck even though it was directed by Michael Bay. Hopefully this one won't suck either. Plus Megan Fox is in it.

7/17 - Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (Warner Bros) - Its Harry Potter, what can I say.
    7/31 - Funny People (Universal) - Apatow, Sandler, Rogen, Mann...you know its going to be funny.

8/07 - G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra (Paramount) - I don't know about this one. I sense a Billy Gillipsie style EPIC FAIL coming...
    8/21 - Final Destination: Death Trip 3D (New Line) - Seriously?
    8/21 - Inglourious Basterds (Universal) - What? A Brad Pitt movie I might actually like? Plus Diane Kruger is in it.

I probably missed some, so I'll leave it up to you guys (or gals) to post release dates and thoughts on any summer movies I might have missed.

Nearly 70% of the Earth is covered by water...the rest is covered by Gerod Holliman.

Quote Quote  

2. -2
    ...FOR ME TO POOP ON

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    can't wait for transformers and g.i. joe
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Disgruntled

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Purgatory
    Thanks / No Thanks
    This is going to be a terrible year. There are only like 3 movies i want to see. Terminator and Wolverine, also Transformers. Maybe Angels & Demons, but i might wait for that one on DVD.
    "I told the team 7-9 is mediocre, and mediocrity is not going to be accepted here" - Tony Sparano

"Well the cool breeze came on Tuesday, And the corn's a bumper crop
    And the fields are full of dancin' Full of singin' and romancin'
    The music never stopped." - Bob Weir

Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I dont know when it comes out but a new Nightmare On Elm Street and Halloween
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Disgruntled

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Purgatory
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fin_Frenzy_84 View Post
    I dont know when it comes out but a new Nightmare On Elm Street and Halloween
    Halloween 2 i believe is scheduled for end of August. Nightmare on Elm Street is under production but i don't think they've casted anyone yet (they haven't casted Freddy Krueger but Rorschach from Watchmen is rumored) or started filming.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    2008 AFC East Champions

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Nothing exciting or interesting except Inglourious Basterds (although will this be QT from the early 90s or wannabe anime John Woo-Kill Bill material) and Land of the Lost(Ferrell can be hilarious but what's with the non-cheap special effects?). I liked the first two Xmen films(esp X2), but the third sucked and prequels are always money cow-potboilers anyways.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kentucky
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Gee what a crappy looking summer line up....I hope next year is much better....sheesh!
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    FinHeaven Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    120 mi west of Costa Rica
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jurassic World2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaceMountain16 View Post
    This is going to be a terrible year. There are only like 3 movies i want to see. Terminator and Wolverine, also Transformers. Maybe Angels & Demons, but i might wait for that one on DVD.
    The writers strike finally caught up the the movies. That is why I think the summer movie season is lacking this year. There are a few big movies I am looking forward to this summer. Terminator, Transformers, and Angels and Demons. I am sure there will be a few others I see (may see the new Harry Potter), but those three are the ones I am looking forward to the most.

Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Lou, do you still like Dragonball? If you do, I will feel like less of a social outcast.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Louisville, KY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by WaywardZest View Post
    Lou, do you still like Dragonball? If you do, I will feel like less of a social outcast.
    Its not still on Cartoon Network as far as I cad tell. I imagine I haven't seen every single one of them, but I'm pretty sure I've seen most. At least the "Americanized" version of them. The true Japanese versions of them are something else, or so I hear.

You can feel like less of a social outcast now.
    Quote Quote