Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 60 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Merged: Dolphins Trade Satele to Raiders for 6th round pick and swap 4th round picks

1. -41
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tucson, AZ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by WVdolphan View Post
    He knows the O? How do you know? Have you seen him run it? And if you have seen him run it, were you convinced he knows it when watching?

On top of that, even if he knows the offense, has he suddenly become capable of holding on to the football when not trying to throw it? Better yet, can he now receive the snap 60 times without dropping it twice? If he can now do those 2 things, can he actually execute a throw without it going straight up in the air, end over end, and fall right into the lap of a Bills linebacker for a TD? Hell I know the offense pretty well, but I sure as hell couldnt execute it in the league. Neither can John Beck last time I checked.

Finally, removing Beck in no way upsets our QB situation at all. We have Pennington starting and Henne to back him up. Behind Henne we have an emergency QB(Ronnie maybe, hopefully Pat White soon) and should Pennington go down for the year we sign a vet to back him up. Thats the situation whether Beck is on the roster or not. And dont say it isnt because Beck isnt active for games.

The one thing I will agree with you on is we do indeed have a good QB situation.
    Probably because I can read, and did read the multiple articles about Penny, Henne, and Becks QB sessions.
    Last edited by CedarPhin; 03-08-2009 at 10:05 PM.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Quote Quote  

2. -42
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    IMO a center who start 32/32 games in his first 2 years can bring us at least a 3rd rounder. But It's just me...
    Quote Quote  

3. -43
    Believe In Miami

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    canada, Qc
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lbmclean_sj View Post
    to you he is

he doesn't fit our scheme and he isn't that good

get real
    last time i checked, teams don't trade players to themselves, so it doesn't matter at all wether he fits or not our scheme, some teams would be willing to give a 3rd rounder for a young and upcoming center like satele

i don't foresee it one bit though, for the simple reason that teams who looked for centers got served in free agency, and the draft is full of them for those remaining, so trading satele right now is the worst timing, as our leverage is as low as it possibly could be (add the injury satele just had to the factors going against us)

... btw, i find it funny how ppl said in 2007-8 " hey man we found our center for the next 10 years" and now, all of a sudden, he doesn't fit our scheme. Satele played with journeymen on his right and left for almost the entire season, it is known for a fact that satele is not the kind of center parcells wants, but they never ever said they didn't like him as a football player.

i'll be watching you, if satele performs well at guard, don't you come out here to brag about how much you like him. "part-time" fans suck

SIG BET VICTIM
    Quote Quote  

4. -44
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tucson, AZ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket2981 View Post
    IMO a center who start 32/32 games in his first 2 years can bring us at least a 3rd rounder. But It's just me...
    Plus he was injured, and played through it. Why give up a 2nd round pic, who has proven to be a player up for peanuts?
    Quote Quote  

5. -45
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Yeah, real nice guys trade satele. This must be a joke, our interior lineman are very injury prone. Grove,SMiley and thomas are injury prone. Thomas only played one game so he has not proved he is that great.
    Quote Quote  

6. -46
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 912013 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11
    I see how this goes we trade Satele for a low pick. Grove has another micro fracture knee surgery and his career is over while Satele goes on to multiple Pro Bowls!
    Quote Quote  

7. -47
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by WVdolphan View Post
    I could see that too if I were on the same LSD that you were when you saw it.

There is no way in hell a team would give us a 2nd for those 2 players, much less swap first round picks with us as well. Perhaps we could package those guys for a 5th.
    Whoa dude, relax, problems at home or what?

Look, not only are these two quality players, but if you look closely at the situation the trade is perfect and may turn out to be a Godsend to the Vikes.

Sage Rosenfels......John David Booty........Tarvaris Jackson

Are you kidding me?

Rosenfels is a career backup and is known for being as inconsistent as water. He looks great one minute and the next he is blowing the game.
    Story of his life and at this stage he isn't going to change.

Tarvaris Jackson has already failed twice.

Booty?? He wasn't even good in college.

Beck, with a couple of years NFL exposure would stand a very good chance of becoming the Vikings starting QB.

You see the Vikings have a great OL. They also have a great running game. So Beck, known for his accuracy would have every advantage and his competion mediocre.

How much is an NFL starting QB worth? A lot more than the value of this proposed trade.

Not only that IMO, Satele will be very good C/OG in the right system and with a healed labrum. I think he has serious value, especially considering he has two years experience and yet at the same time would come at a very low cap number.

Not only that a 5th and 7th round draft pick are nothing to sneeze at. Most teams get their kickers and FB's in the 7th and many a starting OL and even DL come from the 5th round.

Two former 2nd round picks now seasoned, AND a 5th and a 7th, for 1 late 2nd round pick and 2 spaces in the 1st that everybody knows will not effect who the Vikings pick; this would be a generous offer indeed.
    Last edited by CedarPhin; 03-09-2009 at 12:56 AM.
    Quote Quote  

8. -48
    Sec. 107 Row 2

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Ft. Myers
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dfan06 View Post
    Yeah, real nice guys trade satele. This must be a joke, our interior lineman are very injury prone. Grove,SMiley and thomas are injury prone. Thomas only played one game so he has not proved he is that great.
    THIS is exactly why I dont think we will trade Satele (at least before the draft anyway.)

Yes, it is no shock that the FO wasnt happy about our oline last year. (We fired the oline coach and spent ALOT of money on FA signings)

Yes, IF our signings pan out it we might be showing Samson the door.

But as stated above, Grove and Smiley are injury prone, thats a fact that cant be contested.

Thomas, as promising as he was preseason last year, was a rookie, playing preseason games. He also got hurt early (Although I wouldnt call him injury PRONE just yet). So he is still basically an unknown. (Injury/skill wise)

Berger, a guy Parcells stole from our practice squad to play for Dallas, never cracked their starting lineup (granted, Dallas has/had one of the best o-lines in the NFL, so you cant hold it against him), we dont know if he can crack ours yet....

As weak as our play was at guard last year I dont have much doubt some of these guys will pan out, but do you really want to trade Satele until we know for sure?

Satele played VERY well his rookie year. He had big problems last year, in part due to our weak guards and in part due to injury. Also could have been some kind of sophomore slump. The guy plays hard and hasnt missed a game for us since he has been drafted.

To trade Satele prior to any of the OTAs, never mind camp, seems very irresponsible of the FO and I'd be surprised if they did it. Especially for a pick in the later rounds.

Satele is worth more to this team than any pick we could make past the third round.

Maybe we do trade him, but I wouldnt expect to see that until at least May (Prior to the June 1st cuts), but given the question marks we have now, I wouldnt expect to see him moved until next season.
    Quote Quote  

9. -49
    Football Guru

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Madison, Wisconsin
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I would love to get a 3rd round pick for Satele and then we'd have 5 picks in the first 3 Rounds.
    Please God, let me see 1 Dolphins Superbowl victory before I die.
    Quote Quote  

10. -50
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Dolphins Trade Samson Satele

I just got on my computer. I was looking at it through my phone on miami herald but i cant find it online in my comp. Samson Satele to the Raiders for undisclosed pick
    Quote Quote