Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 55 of 60 FirstFirst ... 50515253545556575859 ... LastLast

Thread: Merged: Dolphins Trade Satele to Raiders for 6th round pick and swap 4th round picks

1. -541
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

well we paid alot of money for this stadium, we should keep it and try to fix it. what could go wrong?
    Quote Quote  

2. -542
    WILDCARD

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Boston
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    Thats all we get is a swap of a 4th round draft pick and a 6th round pick? thats crap, the chances of landing a legit starter in the 4th or 6th round are slim to done. Samson Satele was worth a 2nd round pick or at least a 3rd round. Another wasted draft pick from the Cam Cam era!
    How was he worth a second round pic or even a 3rd? Cause you said so? Just cause he was drafted in the second doesnt make him worth a second. If thats the case you the 49r's could have gotten a 1st for Alex smith? OF COURSE NOT! His trade value is based off of performance and need, not fans ability to overrate mediocre players on there teams.
    Happy about 3 points, sigh.... =(
    Quote Quote  

3. -543
    Believe In Miami

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    canada, Qc
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lbmclean_sj View Post
    firstly your range is 52 players

secondly, you were way off the "value" of the player

if you didn't crow about the "value" of what we got, then I wouldn't have had to embarass you like that
    we could go on a on with this, i'll be the bigger man and say, i was 15 picks too high, you were 7 picks too low, if through your eyes i'm a homer because of that, then so be it

SIG BET VICTIM
    Quote Quote  

4. -544
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by godolphins1985 View Post
    How was he worth a second round pic or even a 3rd? Cause you said so? Just cause he was drafted in the second doesnt make him worth a second. If thats the case you the 49r's could have gotten a 1st for Alex smith? OF COURSE NOT! His trade value is based off of performance and need, not fans ability to overrate mediocre players on there teams.
    I think we should trade our 4th for Tom Brady, the Patriots got him in the 6th round, they will jump all over that deal
    Quote Quote  

5. -545
    FinHeaven Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    120 mi west of Costa Rica
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jurassic World2013 Dolphins Logo
    your hilarious statement

read it again, pure gold
    That is your opinion. A 6th round pick for a guy who started all 32 games(33 including playoffs) during his career is disappointing and sad. However, as I said in my "pure gold" comment, that the swap of 4th round picks is nice and helps make this trade more reasonable.

I understand that you can't look at what you drafted him with, with what we got in return. If you want to really look at it like that, you can definitely say we got the better on the deal. Grove was a 2nd round pick in 2004 and Satele was a 2nd round pick in 2007. Both are starters and we got draft picks also.

Do I absolutely love this trade? No. Do I absolutely hate this trade? No. I am disappointed Satele didn't work out after spending a 2nd round pick on him, but I am happy we were able to salvage some draft picks for him.

Quote Quote  

6. -546
    Believe In Miami

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    canada, Qc
    Thanks / No Thanks

well we paid alot of money for this stadium, we should keep it and try to fix it. what could go wrong?
    trust me if that "player" with that "salary" could've been traded, it would be nowhere near montreal right now. Your metaphor (if that's what you're getting at) is really bad. That stadium is the worst thing that happened to my city since the english language and the "nids de poules"
    Quote Quote  

7. -547
    down like a clown Charlie Brown

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    North Carolina!!!
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by godolphins1985 View Post

What I ment was before Cam Cam drafted Satele he was projected as a 2nd round pick, and he was worth the pick.

Have to remember that he is still very young and could become a great center. I thought he looked good his rookie year. I believe we gave up on him too soon, at least keep him as a back up. I heard that Jake Groves is injury prone anyways, so he could have been kept for depth.

Quote Quote  

8. -548
    WILDCARD

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Boston
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think we should trade our 4th for Tom Brady, the Patriots got him in the 6th round, they will jump all over that deal
    I know right! Tom brady for a 4th is a killer deal for both parties. If only we can trade Ginn out for a 1st...hmmmm....
    Quote Quote  

9. -549
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Jacksonville,Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Unbelievable...Too many out there make Satele sound like he was a perrenial pro-bowler.Solid,but very average in my opinion.Besides,after what Bill,Tony,Jeff,and our front office did last year...I'm not about to question anything they do or have in mind.We are competitive again,and can be taken alot more serious on the field.Our team unity is becoming rock solid.I truly trust the direction we're headed.
    Quote Quote  

10. -550
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nublar7 View Post
    That is your opinion. A 6th round pick for a guy who started all 32 games(33 including playoffs) during his career is disappointing and sad. However, as I said in my "pure gold" comment, that the swap of 4th round picks is nice and helps make this trade more reasonable.

I understand that you can't look at what you drafted him with, with what we got in return. If you want to really look at it like that, you can definitely say we got the better on the deal. Grove was a 2nd round pick in 2004 and Satele was a 2nd round pick in 2007. Both are starters and we got draft picks also.

Do I absolutely love this trade? No. Do I absolutely hate this trade? No. I am disappointed Satele didn't work out after spending a 2nd round pick on him, but I am happy we were able to salvage some draft picks for him.
    the swap is worth much more that the 6th and you kinda brushed it off

we didnt just get a 6th AND what he is worth to us and to the league has jack squat to do with where a moronic FO took him in the draft

I will go on record as saying if it weren't for Al Davis nobody would have traded for SS and he would have been cut in TC

I would even bet that Davis never put a physical exam condition on the trade, even though SS had a torn labrum.
    Quote Quote