Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 59 of 60 FirstFirst ... 54555657585960 LastLast

Thread: Merged: Dolphins Trade Satele to Raiders for 6th round pick and swap 4th round picks

1. -581
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mcteems View Post
    So they way I have it, pick 96 ends the 3rd round. So Miami gets the 12th player in the 4th round instead of the 30th. To me, that is substantial. Just imagine if that was the first round and Miami went up from 30th to 12th pick. Miami will get a better player in the 4th round because of this trade. That's a guarantee.

The 6th round pick is just bonus for a possible fluke - like maybe a Devon Bess or something.
    With 110th pick, Miami picks Shawn Murphy's twin and lets him ride the bench for two whole years just to become a backup. Very substantial!
    Quote Quote  

2. -582
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by daniel3 View Post
    With 110th pick, Miami picks Shawn Murphy's twin and lets him ride the bench for two whole years just to become a backup. Very substantial!
    And what about Donald Thomas ?

Funny that you didn't mention him.. All he did was start right out of the gate and impressed the hell out of the coaching staff, as a 6th round pick...

And may I remind you that there isn't a team in existence that strikes gold with every pick. All you can do is hope to do better than others, and this regime proved that they can do it last year.

Satele wasn't gold to this regime. They saw him as a great weakness down the middle of the offense. To get back what they did was a good move, and adding a much stronger center with Jake Grove in the process.
    Quote Quote  

3. -583
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    Quote Originally Posted by Greyboy View Post
    And what about Donald Thomas ?

Funny that you didn't mention him.. All he did was start right out of the gate and impressed the hell out of the coaching staff, as a 6th round pick...

And may I remind you that there isn't a team in existence that strikes gold with every pick. All you can do is hope to do better than others, and this regime proved that they can do it last year.

Satele wasn't gold to this regime. They saw him as a great weakness down the middle of the offense. To get back what they did was a good move, and adding a much stronger center with Jake Grove in the process.
    All Donald Thomas did was not even play a complete game and was put on IR.Sure he was great in the pre season but until he stays healthy he is still a big ?
    Quote Quote  

4. -584
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 4THand10 View Post
    All Donald Thomas did was not even play a complete game and was put on IR.Sure he was great in the pre season but until he stays healthy he is still a big ?
    Yeah he had bad luck on one play. But the regime KNOWS he can play. And they KNOW Satele can't play in this offense. Satele got totally destroyed and got blown off the ball way too often for their liking.

I really can't believe dolphin fans are up in arms over losing a weak center who can't run block. Satele is just a finesse guy.

If you can't run block, you have no place on this Miami Dolphins offensive line. Period.

Add the fact that Satele had a shoulder injury that is very hard to regain strength from, nevermind trying to add strength (that he so desperately needs), made him useless to us. An offensive line is only as strong as it's weakest link in the chain. And Satele was clearly a weak link that would really hurt the ball control power offense this team is trying to build.
    Quote Quote  

5. -585
    Punching Bag

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Shark city
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mogwai View Post
    So they liked Satele enough to start him all year even though he was injured and then trade him for a 6th and swapping 4ths. That seems weak. I don't think our season or future are going to depend on this trade, but it seems really weak. All the rationalizing some of you are desperately trying isn't going to change that this was by no means some kind of steal by the Dolphins. It would have been unusual to cut a 3rd year player who has started every game, especially since he was on a cheap contract, but this is really only one level above cutting him.
    we were so injured on the O line of course he started all year

Quote Originally Posted by CedarPhin View Post
    We've got to make HOF an honorary Crew member.
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnBeckHOF View Post
    I want no part of induction into your sinful little get-together you have here, squatting on internet bandwith that could be used in better, more productive ways.
    Quote Quote  

6. -586
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cafinfan408 View Post
    we were so injured on the O line of course he started all year
    Yeah too bad injuries took out our incumbent starting C.. no wait, that was actually Satele. In evaluating the team last year the FO didn't see C as a need to address through the draft or seriously through FA (any member of the McKinney family is not serious). Nor did he lose his job to anyone we brought in throughout the year. Even if Satele had no value to our FO, it's hard to imagine that a 2nd round pick who's been an NFL starter since he came into the league would at least have a perceived value greater than a 6th and swapping 4ths.

I don't really care though. This is not that big a deal. A player who had no future on this team was gotten rid of. Oh no. I just think it's absurd to say this trade was some slick work by the FO. It wasn't. Neither was giving Satele's injured, aging replacement a wildly overpriced contract. Not necessarily bad decisions, just weak negotiations.
    Mockin' it 2013 (wildly optimistic)

1. Damontre Moore (DE)
    2a. DeAndre Hopkins (WR)
    2b. Desmond Trufant (CB)
    3a. Kyle Long (OT)
    3b. Bacarri Rambo (S)
    4. Le'Veon Bell (RB)
    5. Shayne Skov (LB)
    6. Marquess Wilson (WR)
    7. Dustin Hopkins (K)
    Quote Quote  

7. -587
    King of Fools

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    The Whee, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I don't like the trade, I feel like Oakland got a deal. Samson Satele has started every game since he came into the NFL. His value should have been higher than what we got.

I do trust the current management, but it is always a fan's nature to second guess. I just hope that we find a diamond in the rough like Donald Thomas with the 6th round pick.
    Welcome to the Miami Dolphins

Vontae Davis, CB, Illinois
    Pat White, QB/WR, West Virginia
    Sean Smith, CB, Utah
    Patrick Turner, WR, SOuthern California
    Brian Hartline, WR, Ohio State
    John Nalbone, TE, Monmouth
    Chris Clemons, S, Clemson
    Andrew Gardner, OT, Georgia Tech
    J.D. Folsom, LB, Weber St.
    Quote Quote  

8. -588
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kentucky
    Thanks / No Thanks

Dolphins trade center Satele to Raiders

I did a quick check and couldn't find any threads about this....I was wondering if anyone has some info on this trade? What did we receive for Satele?

MIAMI -- The Miami Dolphins have traded center Samson Satele to the Oakland Raiders for an undisclosed draft pick.

The move announced Monday clears the way for Jake Grove to move into the starting center spot. The Dolphins signed Grove to a multiyear deal earlier this month, after he spent five seasons with the Raiders.

Satele had been Miami's starting center since 2007, the beginning of his rookie season. The 6-foot-3, 300-pound lineman started every game for the Dolphins including last season's lone playoff appearance against the Baltimore Ravens.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=090...s&confirm=true

Thanks...and sorry if this has already been posted.
    Quote Quote  

9. -589
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Atlanta, GA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    DO you see the date on that article? This has been posted and discussed many times over.
    Quote Quote  

10. -590
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kentucky
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DeeperImage View Post
    DO you see the date on that article? This has been posted and discussed many times over.
    DO you see my question I posted? If you can't answer politely,simply avoid it.
    Quote Quote