Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: MergedX2: Taylor a "progress stopper" in Miami

1. -1
    Lifelong Fin Fan

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Minneapolis MN
    Thanks / No Thanks

MergedX2: Taylor a "progress stopper" in Miami

Just read a blog on ESPN where Ireland is concerned that JT could be a progress stopper for our younger

players.http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afceast/0...for-Miami.html

"You have to look at every possible situation at this time of the year," Ireland said. "Our level of interest, I'm not going to tell you where it's at right now, but I would say that you have to look at all these things.
    "But with players in particular like Jason -- he's going to be 35 in September -- you have to look at whether veteran players are progress-stoppers for younger players."

I tend agree with this, but he could also enhance their learning curve. It seems however that as much as our players are lobbying for it, the front office has no immediate plans to sign JT. IMO we will be drafting a pass rusing OLB in the first two rounds and with the signing of Cameron Wake they may not think they need to sign JT as an upgrade.
    Last edited by MDFINFAN; 04-03-2009 at 12:34 PM. Reason: Merging posts.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    O-town
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think you should have put a question mark on the thread title because it is a little misleading in regards to what Ireland said and even the title of the article.

With the way we rotated players last year, I really doubt that Taylor would be a progress stopper to any of them. Not only that but the techniques he could teach them might even accelerate their progress.

I remember an article from last year where Sparano mentioned how he wanted Jake Long to learn from Taylor because of what he can teach him in regards to defending the pass rushers in the league. Charlie Anderson also wanted to learn from Taylor as well as Quentin Moses. Who knows what he can teach someone like Cam Wake about the nuaces of the NFL game that goes beyond what the coaches can show him.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    the fact that he's not revealing Miami's position on this issue says that something is going on. They are trying to get him at a cheap price. If they weren't in the hunt, he would just say that they aren't and that's it.

Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pueblo West CO
    Thanks / No Thanks

Taylor a progression stopper for the Fins

This is an interesting article on the Dolphins and how JT does not fit into their long and short term plans.

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/nflnation...for-Miami.html

MY FAM
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pueblo West CO
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Please merge got beat already posted seconds ago.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Big Daddy

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Arvada, CO
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Sorry to ask, but, did you not see the trhread with almost the exact title of yours?
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Competition-The Elixir Of Success!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Spring Hill, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    moot, in every resoect
    "Deus Americas Benedicat"
    I-Corp._ AMERICAL DIVISION
    (R.V.N. 68-69TET Offensive) 123rd Avn. Battalion23rd Inf. Division _ Door Gunner: Co.A _ Ranger Attachment _ Assault Helicopters
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Lifelong Fin Fan

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Minneapolis MN
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I am hoping he gives us a home town discount, he already said it wasn't about the money and that he would like to play in Miami again.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Super Donator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    The North Country Fair Where the Wind Hits Heavy on the Borderline
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Yamilo View Post
    the fact that he's not revealing Miami's position on this issue says that something is going on. They are trying to get him at a cheap price. If they weren't in the hunt, he would just say that they aren't and that's it.
    Exactly what I thought too!
    Jake Scott Super Bowl MVP. The real # 13!

I guess I should warn you, if I turn out to be particularly clear, you've probably misunderstood what I've said. Alan Greenspan
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pueblo West CO
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Geforce View Post
    I think you should have put a question mark on the thread title because it is a little misleading in regards to what Ireland said and even the title of the article.

With the way we rotated players last year, I really doubt that Taylor would be a progress stopper to any of them. Not only that but the techniques he could teach them might even accelerate their progress.

I remember an article from last year where Sparano mentioned how he wanted Jake Long to learn from Taylor because of what he can teach him in regards to defending the pass rushers in the league. Charlie Anderson also wanted to learn from Taylor as well as Quentin Moses. Who knows what he can teach someone like Cam Wake about the nuaces of the NFL game that goes beyond what the coaches can show him.
    I somewhat agree, but teaching is what we hire the best coaches for and there is no replacement for playing time and expierence, and that is the problem signing JT poses. Do you play the more talented expierenced guy (Taylor) in favor of the younger guys to win now or play the young guys with the hope that they perform and improve for the future? This is the difficulty of rebuilding in the NFL especially after having what seems to be a break through season.
    Quote Quote