Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

Thread: Bill to allow women use of deadly force to save unborn children

1. -1
    Why is there a watermelon there?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    No matter where I go, there I am.
    Thanks / No Thanks

Bill to allow women use of deadly force to save unborn children

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009...ill-save-baby/

Oklahoma lawmakers are close to approving a bill that allows pregnant women to use deadly force to protect their unborn children.

State lawmakers passed the Use of Force for the Protection of the Unborn Act this week and if the Senate approves it in a final vote, as expected, it will be sent to the governor's desk.

The bill was crafted after a Michigan woman who was carrying quadruplets stabbed and killed her boyfriend after he struck her in the stomach. The woman lost the babies and was convicted of manslaughter.
    "
    This sounds like a "duh" to me.
    - "What do we mean by the defeat of the enemy? Simply the destruction of his forces, whether by death, injury, or any other means -- either completely or enough to make him stop fighting. . . . ."-Carl von Clausewitz-
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Desert Dolphin

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tucson, Arizona
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Wait let me get this straight. A women can use deadly force to protect her babies, and then turn around and then kill those babies via abortion?

We certainly do live in a screwed up world.

Players come and go, but I will always be a Miami Dolphins Fan first and foremost.

Quote Quote  

3. -3

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphan7 View Post
    Wait let me get this straight. A women can use deadly force to protect her babies, and then turn around and then kill those babies via abortion?

We certainly do live in a screwed up world.
    It's the unescapable fact that a woman must have a choice in whether or not her body is used to carry a child. Men can complain all they want, but we aren't the ones who are putting our bodies on the line. Now, I am on record repeatedly as saying that once a fetus reaches a time when it is viable, women should no longer have the choice of aborting, only the choice of whether to carry to term, or induce early. But before then it's unavoidable. If a woman doesn't want that fetus in her body, she has the right to have it removed. Basically, it's her body. She was there first.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I am not completely up to speed on other state laws, but is this really necessary? In Florida, if you feel threatened at all, you can take a rookie downtown. Wouldn't being kicked already have justified the use of deadly force? Does this mean that a kick in the leg does not warrant it in these states?

As you can tell, I am less than a month away from being eligible for my concealed weapons permit. Hence the use of the phrase "take a rookie downtown".
    Quote Quote  

5. -5

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by WaywardZest View Post
    I am not completely up to speed on other state laws, but is this really necessary? In Florida, if you feel threatened at all, you can take a rookie downtown. Wouldn't being kicked already have justified the use of deadly force? Does this mean that a kick in the leg does not warrant it in these states?

As you can tell, I am less than a month away from being eligible for my concealed weapons permit. Hence the use of the phrase "take a rookie downtown".
    In Texas you have the Castle law. In defense of person or property deadly force is allowed. But you still need to show the threat. A punch to the stomach of a man wouldn't be seen as just cause to pull out a gun and shoot.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    PowerHungryMo'fo

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Florida has the castle doctrine as well. Exactly what is a deadly threat is still under debate(in the courts).
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Sticky stuff here, much like self-defense laws. I agree with being able to kill in self defense, but one can't argue the stickyness and gray area of the issue. So what if the couples in question just fight a lot, one night it gets ugly and the woman kills the guy? how do you prove he was truely threatening the babies life? thats rough...

i agree with phinphan about the womans body thing.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    The Decider

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Not in Clearwater
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by WaywardZest View Post

Its not necessary at all. It's just pandering from politicians.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ABrownLamp View Post
    Its not necessary at all. It's just pandering from politicians.
    Considering that a woman in that state went to jail for using deadly force in an attempt to protect her unborn children, I would say it's quite nessesary.
    Quote Quote