Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Important Announcement! - Read this about new forum

1. -21
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    NJ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Originally posted by ZOD

The mod's are soft on Jay

I agree, I have ejoyed the forum as such. I dont find a problem with people saying how they feel about the players on the team.
    I feel like venting from a serious issue, ie. Fiedler.....this is the place to come to do so. If you are botherd by the harshness of the content then just dont read the thread.

The lack of O for this team is a serious issue, we are not very good period, and Jay has to take the heat. He has a choice.... either get better or listen to the criticisim. He is paid a lot of money, I feel this is the perfect place to dicuss the issue it's not like we are complaining just to complain. I think name calling is unnecessary, but the topic is not.
    I feel sometimes when the MODS step in it is unnecessary.
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    100% Homer. Don't like it? Get lost.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Boca Raton, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks

Re: Important Announcement! - Read this about new forum

Originally posted by WharfRat
    Everyone,

We really didn't want to do this, but in an effort to keep the main boards more organized, please post all strictly "anti-" or "pro-" Jay posts in the new Jay Fiedler Forum... found within the main Dolphins forum.

This will allow for the love Jay vs hate Jay debates, while also allowing other topics to be discussed without having to weed through Fiedler threads.

TOS still applies. Keep things civil, and attack the posts instead of the posters.

So, from this point forward.... all threads and posts regarding how good or bad Jay is MUST be posted in the appropriate forum. We have begun to move several threads already... and this is a lot of work as it is... so please don't add to it by continuing to post on this topic in the main forum.

Thanks,

Jon
    ahhhhhh..a smack forum....

I bet some will feel comfty over there.....

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Loyalty to my country always. Loyalty to my government when it deserves it.
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Very good idea.. I got sick from all the Fiedler loving..
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    Manning to Tyree = Best SB Play EVER!!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Seattle WA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Even if it is the day of or the day after a game and Fiedler had a good/bad day?
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    Run to Daylight

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Great idea mods. An elegant solution to a touchy subject. When word of this gets out, it will make the 6:00 news

-Jay Fiedler Gets Own Forum-

nice work.
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    Are you a VIP?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Wow. Can we possibly over manage this board anymore?
    Where does it stop?
    Do we start another forum to manage the forums?

This is really silly. Player deabte is as old as the game and is an intrical part of the game. We went through it with Dan and Jimmy, Tom Olividatti, and so on. New Orleans went through it with Ricky, Denver with Griese, the Jets with Vinny, Buffalo with Flutie, etc.

These threads have invoked more participation and exchange then any other threads posted. And that makes a forum a forum

I am sick of the panzies who CHOOSE to wade through the threads. It is their CHOICE to open them up and read them. Then whine and cry like a bunch of punks because they can;t make people agree with them. These posts are easily identified. It takes not time to scan down the page and see them and avoid them. This is just an attempt to censor and it is a new low for this board.

We need to remember this is a forum. It is not ESPN, it is not SI, and the people looking for in depth journalism need to leave. But this a football forum by people and for the people. We express the pulse of the team and there is no bigger issue surrounding this team than the QB and passing game. I listen to Local WQAM every day. It is a dominant topic there. The Palm Beach Post today has a large article about the failur eof the passing game. The problem is real and banishing it to another forum doesn't make it go away. I know and everyone knows that no one ever goes to the other forums. Not in any volume.

If everybody wants to sit around kiss each others a$$ and fluff up Jay Fiedler then they need to change this from Finheaven.com to Fiedlerheaven.com.
    BREAKING NEWS ALL OFFSEASON LONG!
    FOLLOW FINHEAVEN ON TWITTER!

Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Bon vivant

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Illinois
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Originally posted by fin-atic
    This is just an attempt to censor and it is a new low for this board.
    Fin-atic, I always enjoy discussions with you, and I think you're an intelligent and fairly classy poster.

But the above statement is WAY off base.

Censorship? Give me a break. If the mods wanted to shut down viewpoints or those who express them, they could do that a lot more easily. The admins here just want to keep everything organized and keep finheaven.com as popular and well-used as it is.

There have been so many concurrent threads on Jay running at one time, I've had to scroll pages to get non-Jay news and commentary.

I'm not sure why you've chosen to adopt a conspiracy theory on this, but it just doesn't wash.

Fiedlerheaven.com? Again ... give me a break.
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    Are you a VIP?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hey Doc. I appreciate you as well. We may not agree on this, but my respect for you continues.

Simply put, this is a forum. If people don't want to hear other people expressing themselves then don't come to a forum.

The move was made in response to all the whining about "Fieder Bashing". The whiners compained enough that the change happened. This forum has seen similar activity with the draft, and the end fo the season, when Griese was signed, and on and on. Its just part of the game. I think to buckle for the crybabies is wrong. Mark my words these kind of moves will make participation go down. People don't want to hunt down their comments across various forums.

Also, I participate on several different forums, Jets, Broncos, Chiefs, Raiders, etc. and I am constantly defending this site because I get heat that it is "over moderated". Last week I made one post and it was whisked away within five minutes.

I mean lets keep the crap out and the SPAM and the trolls, but the rest is football and should be left alone.

Doc you are a good man, but I just feel strongly about the principal of a forum is about. To change that because it isn't all positive is wrong.
    My comment about Fiedlerheaven relfects the controlling influence on this board. They obviously control what the rest of us are entitled to.
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    Bon vivant

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Illinois
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I see where you're coming from, fin-atic ... I just think "censorship" is a really serious charge here. Neither anti-Fiedler nor pro-Fielder views are being suppressed or deleted, just moved.

Let me just leave you with an anecdote that illustrates (I think) why this move is a good thing. I visited a Carolina Panthers message board recently. Now, here is a team that, as I pointed out in another thread (see it here), should be classified as having a worse passing situation than we do. Yet, I had to scroll five pages before I found a QB-related thread.

Meanwhile, on this board, on a given day, 60-70 percent of the threads per page could be about Fiedler. Whether or not that's a healthy fixation is a debate for another thread, but when you consider how the debate DOMINATES discussion, it makes sense to move it for the sake of organization.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    Are you a VIP?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Here are three current articles about the Fiedler topic. I think it is contemprary and is a big issue. If it is front page material for them it is front page material for us. It is what people want to talk about. And censorship is not just elimination, it is also filtering. And this is defintely filtering.

I appreciate and repect the 1st class way you conducted this discussion. It proves that people can disagree without it disolving into a nasty experience.

I am your Dolphin friend and love your stuff. But on this we will just agree to disagree on some parts of it.

Sun Sentinel

Miami Herald

Palm Beach Post
    Last edited by fin-atic; 10-14-2003 at 10:19 AM.
    Quote Quote