Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: According to PFT Miami is this much under the cap

1. -11
    MORE COWBELL!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Arlington, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Elliott 1 View Post
    What is the Dolphins rookie pool this year????????
    $4,820,998
    A Guide To Forum Posts:
    http://gprime.net/flash.php/postingandyou

My Cap Page:
    LINK!
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    MORE COWBELL!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Arlington, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MDFINFAN View Post
    Miami Dolphins: $13.19 million.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/...s-of-april-22/

That's almost 3 million more than most amatuer capologists...to include my own unofficial count...I'm not sure how they got that number..

Armando Salguero of the Miami Herald have them 13 million under...and his article on the subject.
    http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolph...d-the-nfl.html
    That 13.2 number was correct. There's a lot of guessing still being done on a few Miami dolphin contracts, like Crowders, that havent been officially announced.

IMO, thats why you are seeing a discrepency. Also, a lot of people dont have all the info on signing bonuses exactly correct for all our draft picks. That also isnt something thats been formally announced.

Add up those guessworks, and even 3 million off is a good guess.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Greensboro, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Not good news for Wilford and J. Allen even after rookie pool plus the 2-3 million kept in reserve for practice squad, injuries, etc. Think they've got around 6 million in accelerated bonus money to count against the cap if cut before June 1rst to add to their 3 million already on the books this year.

Although a big signing like JT could mean we won't be able to cut one or both of them until after June 1rst.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Reach for the Stars

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Maryland
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Philter25 View Post
    That 13.2 number was correct. There's a lot of guessing still being done on a few Miami dolphin contracts, like Crowders, that havent been officially announced.

IMO, thats why you are seeing a discrepency. Also, a lot of people dont have all the info on signing bonuses exactly correct for all our draft picks. That also isnt something thats been formally announced.

Add up those guessworks, and even 3 million off is a good guess.
    Thanks Philter, did you ever get any breakdown numbers for Polite and W. Allens new contract..

After redoing some numbers on my own board and adjusting the top 51.. I was a little closer to the 13.2 mil... but Irland kind of backed me up in a recent article where he denied haven't the cap space that's been widely reported.. I know he's now saying this after we've extended both Allen and Polite, so that may make a difference that he can then deny the reports, but prior to Allen and Polite.. I just didn't have 13 mi.. even with the additional 947K to the cap..
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    MORE COWBELL!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Arlington, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MDFINFAN View Post
    Thanks Philter, did you ever get any breakdown numbers for Polite and W. Allens new contract..

After redoing some numbers on my own board and adjusting the top 51.. I was a little closer to the 13.2 mil... but Irland kind of backed me up in a recent article where he denied haven't the cap space that's been widely reported.. I know he's now saying this after we've extended both Allen and Polite, so that may make a difference that he can then deny the reports, but prior to Allen and Polite.. I just didn't have 13 mi.. even with the additional 947K to the cap..
    I think most people have Crowder's contract grossly overestimated.

I have Allen and Polite's updated info in my sheet, although Im waiting for the rookies to sign before I publish it. Allen didnt get any new money this year, just a 1.5 mil signing bonus I believe.
    Quote Quote