Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

Thread: NFL Network's Mayock giving

1. -1
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

NFL Network's Mayock giving

Vontae Davis some love. Says he is a top 10 talent. He is a Parcells/Sparano type of player. He is going to get plugged in from day 1. He says "trust me folks, he is an impact player"

I like it!
    Last edited by JCfinfan; 04-26-2009 at 09:41 AM. Reason: spell
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Pitbull13

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    This is why I watch the NFL Network for the Draft
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    FinHeaven Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    120 mi west of Costa Rica
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jurassic World2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitbull13 View Post
    This is why I watch the NFL Network for the Draft
    I hardly watched ESPN at all yesterday. I flipped over a couple times during commercial breaks on NFLN. I couldn't even stand watching it for 30 seconds.

NFL Network blows ESPN out of the water with their draft coverage.

Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Best part of the draft occured on espn when they were showing brown-rb uconn...he was sitting on his couch and they were just cutting to commercial when keyshawn said he needed a new couch
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nublar7 View Post
    I hardly watched ESPN at all yesterday. I flipped over a couple times during commercial breaks on NFLN. I couldn't even stand watching it for 30 seconds.

NFL Network blows ESPN out of the water with their draft coverage.
    Same here. NFL Network was what I watched. I had ESPN on my other TIVO so after we picked, I could go rewind and at least see what everyone had to say about our picks. Its been hard the last few years to watch espn. This is the first year, I have used NFLN as my main station.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Excerpted from another scouting report, I'm beginning to really love THIS pick:

freakishly strong and fast.

Vontae is coming off an impressive sophomore campaign that saw him smother even the best receivers the Big Ten has to offer.

Davis finished the season with 76 tackles, 4 tackles for loss, 4 interceptions, 8 passes broken up, and he even blocked 2 kicks on special teams.

Other than Malcolm Jenkins, Davis is the best defensive back available in this year's draft. Davis has the potential to put up an untouchable amount of reps on the bench press, and possibly run in the high 4.3 range in the 40. Davis had a down year by his standards, but Illinois' abysmal pass rush didn't make his job any easier. He recorded 78 tackles, 7 tackles for loss, 2 interceptions, 10 passes broken up in coverage, and 3 forced fumbles during the 2008 campaign.

During his time at Illinois, Davis has improved drastically. He has gotten to the point where opposing defenses have virtually stopped throwing in his direction; cutting the field in half for offenses. He would be a great fit for an aggressive team because he's an excellent blitzer. Davis is just as comfortable rushing the passer from the corner spot as he is in coverage.

at the NFL Combine in February the only one of the top corner prospects to run a sub 4.5 40 yard dash, clocking in at a slightly underwhelming 4.49 seconds. He looked fluid enough during position drills that scouts think he can be an All Pro cover man if he improves his technique. His 25 reps of 225 pounds on the bench press also encouraged scouts that he has the strength to press even the biggest receivers at the NFL level.

continues to show the athleticism necessary to be a shutdown corner in the NFL. He lowered his 40 yard dash time to 4.4 seconds at his Pro Day workout. Opinions are mixed on Davis, but he could go anywhere from eighth to somewhere in the twenties depending on how certain teams feel about him.
    http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/p...ospect_id=1647

"Yep. Blow it up. This might the worst team I've ever seen constructed in my life.
    And then you throw in the terrible preparation and in-game coaching. There is no defense.
    But do it right. Fire everyone in the building. No survivors. , JiF Jetnation

Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Bahamas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JCfinfan View Post
    Vontae Davis some love. Says he is a top 10 talent. He is a Parcells/Sparano type of player. He is going to get plugged in from day 1. He says "trust me folks, he is an impact player"

I like it!
    He also praised the pick of Pat White.....

Quote Quote  

8. -8
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by andyahs View Post
    He also praised the pick of Pat White.....
    So did Gruden. He loved the White pick yesterday. He gave us some major love. The only person (i saw) that really questioned the White pick was McShay.
    Quote Quote