Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 137 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: The John Beck memorial thread.

1. -41
    Gary Speed RIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    It's so strange how fans turn on players so quickly. This is nto a shot at dolphin fans, obviously it happens w/ my team and all teams. There are times when it's deserved like when Ricky Williams quit on you but other guys just go to work and try their best. Why should they be bashed when leaving?
    I think with Beck it was the fact he kind of epitomized the 1-15 season. He was chosen by the guys who lead us to 1-15. Instead of boosting moral and play with his introduction, he made some awful/embarrising mistakes, played poorly and did'nt have any luck, all characteristics of that season. Then he was taken back out of team, confidence shattered.

You can argue it was'nt his fault (poor O-line, no WR's, etc) and given the right conditions he may have been successful here, but when I hear the name of John Beck, I think of 1-15 and the awful memories of that season.

That does'nt warrent the abuse that he recieves, but it definetly adds to it.
    Quote Quote  

2. -42
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    Quote Originally Posted by emeraldfin View Post
    I think with Beck it was the fact he kind of epitomized the 1-15 season. He was chosen by the guys who lead us to 1-15. Instead of boosting moral and play with his introduction, he made some awful/embarrising mistakes, played poorly and did'nt have any luck, all characteristics of that season. Then he was taken back out of team, confidence shattered.

You can argue it was'nt his fault (poor O-line, no WR's, etc) and given the right conditions he may have been successful here, but when I hear the name of John Beck, I think of 1-15 and the awful memories of that season.

That does'nt warrent the abuse that he recieves, but it definetly adds to it.

It's not just Beck, Jason taylor was bashed out of town and plenty of others. All fanbases do it, I just don't understand it. 10 years ago Vinny Testaverde was a Jets hero, a couple of years later he was being run out of town, in '02 Chad was the greatest thing ever a couple of years later he's run out of town. It happens w/ all fanbases and I don't get it. I get venting frustrations and maybe bashing guys that bashed the team on the way out or bashed the fans but guys who just played hard and gave us everything they had I don't see why we bash them.
    Quote Quote  

3. -43
    The Finheaven Intimidator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It's not just Beck, Jason taylor was bashed out of town and plenty of others. All fanbases do it, I just don't understand it. 10 years ago Vinny Testaverde was a Jets hero, a couple of years later he was being run out of town, in '02 Chad was the greatest thing ever a couple of years later he's run out of town. It happens w/ all fanbases and I don't get it. I get venting frustrations and maybe bashing guys that bashed the team on the way out or bashed the fans but guys who just played hard and gave us everything they had I don't see why we bash them.
    I think you are dead on everything you have said, and I can't disagree with you any further. The american fanbase is a disgrace in all of the sports around the globe, and one of those reasons is that players who contributed a lot to the team and the community are basically in a lost thought as if they never meant something to the community. Yea these athletes get paid an extraodinary amount of money; however, we come to their games and they entertain us, take the pain, and show good spirit.
    Originally Posted by footsteps_falco

the ole' J-Pru thread. its like kory sheets but worse
    Quote Quote  

4. -44
    Bleeding 305 since 1987

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    On our board(it's not our board anymore b/c I well never post at thegangreen anymore), on my old board the bashing of Chad is just insane. All the guy did was win when he was healthy, play hard, play through a career threatening injury to help us win, was a class act on and off the field and he they act like he was Bubby Brister 1995. I'll never understand it.

How come you dont post on Gang Green anymore? If you dont mind me asking....
    Quote Quote  

5. -45
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolfan3773 View Post
    How come you dont post on Gang Green anymore? If you dont mind me asking....
    I was suspended for a week on friday and I didn't do anything wrong. The suspension was lifted on saturday but I haven't decided when ir if I will return.
    Quote Quote  

6. -46
    Disgruntled

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Purgatory
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I was suspended for a week on friday and I didn't do anything wrong. The suspension was lifted on saturday but I haven't decided when ir if I will return.
    I think it's time you turned to the dark side junc.

http://www.freeiphonewallpapers.com/...lphins-223.jpg
    "I told the team 7-9 is mediocre, and mediocrity is not going to be accepted here" - Tony Sparano

"Well the cool breeze came on Tuesday, And the corn's a bumper crop
    And the fields are full of dancin' Full of singin' and romancin'
    The music never stopped." - Bob Weir

Quote Quote  

7. -47
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    No chance of that ever happening although I must admit I happen to like alot of the people around here whereas before I started posting I had a different impression of most dolphin fans.
    Quote Quote  

8. -48
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Springfield, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Ford LogoTannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    Your own site booted you?

Quote Quote  

9. -49
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    Quote Originally Posted by SpurzN703 View Post
    Your own site booted you?
    Basically. They realized they made a mistake and reinstated me but I think the damage has been done so I'm not sure I'll go back.
    Quote Quote  

10. -50
    Gary Speed RIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Basically. They realized they made a mistake and reinstated me but I think the damage has been done so I'm not sure I'll go back.
    What was their reason for banning you Junc if you dont mind me asking?
    Quote Quote