Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 26

Thread: ESPN May Power Rankings

  1. -1
    zackmandude63's Avatar
    Poconos Phinatic!

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2006
    Posts:
    1,817
    vCash:
    1012
    Loc:
    Poconos, Pa
    Thanks / No Thanks

    ESPN May Power Rankings

    15 (8)Dolphins11-5-0An encore performance will be difficult, but under-the-radar moves made them better on defense and on the offensive line. (TG)
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/powerr...on=2009&week=0

    at least new england isnt ranked #1
    Quote Quote  

  2. -2
    j-off-her-doll's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2009
    Posts:
    8,126
    vCash:
    8745
    Loc:
    Dream Songs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Was looking at some of the draft comparisons.

    I was interested to see the writer say that White doesn't have the accuracy to play QB in the NFL, and say that Sanchez impressed teams with his off-season accuracy. From what I understand, White out-threw Sanchez at the combine.

    As far as the PR, I don't think the Bears or Vikings should be ranked ahead of us. The Cowboys are still more talented than we are, but they're a team that has a lot to prove. And, I think we're better than the Falcons. I'm also interested to see how well the Titans play this year. I'm thinking they might be one of the teams to fall off this season.
    Quote Quote  

  3. -3
    ADavieDolphin's Avatar
    StickyIckyRicky

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2008
    Posts:
    1,201
    vCash:
    1000
    Loc:
    Davie
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by j-off-her-doll View Post
    Was looking at some of the draft comparisons.

    I was interested to see the writer say that White doesn't have the accuracy to play QB in the NFL, and say that Sanchez impressed teams with his off-season accuracy. From what I understand, White out-threw Sanchez at the combine.

    As far as the PR, I don't think the Bears or Vikings should be ranked ahead of us. The Cowboys are still more talented than we are, but they're a team that has a lot to prove. And, I think we're better than the Falcons. I'm also interested to see how well the Titans play this year. I'm thinking they might be one of the teams to fall off this season.
    funny, my thoughts exactly..
    I'll add in the Colts and Ravens as teams that will be right around 500 this year. Losing key parts to their coaching staff will impact this team, probably more so for the Ravens than the Colts, Peyton can be QB/Head Coach and still be over 500
    Quote Quote  

  4. -4
    Rookie

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2008
    Posts:
    500
    vCash:
    1000
    Loc:
    305
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I know what u mean when the media falls in love with a particular player they become god like even when out played or out performed by another player who is not in the medias eye....
    Quote Quote  

  5. -5
    SpurzN703's Avatar
    I like your style Dude

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Oct 2004
    Posts:
    26,613
    vCash:
    19168
    Loc:
    Springfield, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    Good bathroom reading material



    Quote Quote  

  6. -6
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2005
    Posts:
    384
    vCash:
    1000
    Loc:
    Richmond, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Emil305 View Post
    I know what u mean when the media falls in love with a particular player they become god like even when out played or out performed by another player who is not in the medias eye....
    I'll take the guy the media downplays every time. Gives him extra incentive to do well.
    Quote Quote  

  7. -7
    SpaceMountain16's Avatar
    Disgruntled

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2006
    Posts:
    7,290
    vCash:
    1287
    Loc:
    Purgatory
    Thanks / No Thanks
    ESPN only covers four teams, who cares what they think?
    "I told the team 7-9 is mediocre, and mediocrity is not going to be accepted here" - Tony Sparano

    "Well the cool breeze came on Tuesday, And the corn's a bumper crop
    And the fields are full of dancin' Full of singin' and romancin'
    The music never stopped." - Bob Weir

    Quote Quote  

  8. -8
    Oraclepz's Avatar
    Seasoned Veteran

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2005
    Posts:
    1,933
    vCash:
    1196
    Loc:
    Tampa
    Thanks / No Thanks
    i always love how in these power ranking the falcons are always so much better than us. Besides Tony Gonzalez what did they do? They lost keith brooking and their defense is not better than ours.



    HOTTEST OWNERS IN THE GAME!!!
    Quote Quote  

  9. -9
    MDFinFan06's Avatar
    Fins4life

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jun 2005
    Posts:
    707
    vCash:
    1277
    Loc:
    winter park fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by phinswin View Post
    i always love how in these power ranking the falcons are always so much better than us. Besides Tony Gonzalez what did they do? They lost keith brooking and their defense is not better than ours.
    The thing is the Falcons are thought of as a good offensive team and are definately over hyped. but our defense is so downplayed that most people dont think its good enough to overcome the difference in offense. that said i think that both our defense and offense are underrated and are gunna be consistantly good, not great. i hope we turn into a defensive team, i loved that about us.

    Here's hoping for the new look dolphins offense.
    Quote Quote  

  10. -10
    Roman529's Avatar
    Moon Runner / The 3 AM Crew

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2004
    Posts:
    33,628
    vCash:
    10667
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Why does the media assume Brady will be the same player he was before? He missed an entire year with a serious knee injury. I am not buying the hype. I actually would rather face Brady then Matt Cassell as we should have an easier team sacking Brady and keeping him in check.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Power rankings on ESPN have us at 23
    By dolphinator86 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 10-08-2008, 10:00 AM
  2. ESPN Power Rankings........
    By ASCII in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-08-2005, 01:04 PM
  3. Merged 5x: Power Rankings rise?/Phins 23rd on ESPN's Power Rankings
    By DolfanTom in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 80
    Last Post: 09-14-2005, 01:00 PM
  4. new ESPN Power Rankings
    By MaxPower in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 05-08-2003, 10:21 AM
  5. ESPN Power Rankings
    By zach13 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-07-2003, 06:14 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •