Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Miami Dolphins: What if Rex Ryan had coached here?

1. -1
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Huntsville, AL
    Thanks / No Thanks

Miami Dolphins: What if Rex Ryan had coached here?

As Rex Ryan and Channing Crowder continue to sling insults at each other in a battle that started here -- and with Bart Scott now predictably joining in -- let's try to look at this from another angle.

It is clear that the Dolphins respect their coach, and his style. You will never hear Tony Sparano slamming an opponent the way that Ryan has, and it is unlikely you will ever hear him boast about his team the way that Ryan has. (Praise, yes. Boast, no).

But it is also clear that the Jets respect their new coach's attitude as well. Many were quoted in the New York newspapers today. Saturday, I got the same sort of answers while attending David Clowney's football camp in Delray.

"I love it," Clowney said of Ryan's brashness.

Wallace Wright, another receiver, said “whenever you have a coach who speaks his mind, and doesn’t sugarcoat things, I think it’s better for everyone. Because he encourages us to speak our minds. It’s a different type of mentality now. We’re going to line up and hit you in the mouth, and can you stop it?”

Offensive tackle D’Brickashaw Ferguson said “we’ve got a swagger approach. That’s the type of attitude you have to have, especially with all the talented guys we have in our division.”

http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports...hed-here-.html
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'm glad we chose Sparano over Rex Ryan. You can't deny the impact that Ryan can have on a defense but he's a loud mouth and I just can't agree with that style.

Sparano is all about business and I love it. He's the type of coach that players want to go that extra mile for.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Minnesota
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'm very happy with our current coaches. I personnally don't see Rexxy doing much with the Yets. Swagger and attitude is all fine and wonderful for a Coordinator, but you have to have the smarts and maturity for a head coach job. I don't see that so far by getting into a war of words with one of your competitors LB's.

If he were here, he'd probably say something stupid like, "Tom Brady, who's Tom Brady?"
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Finheaven Templar

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    The Crossroads of TX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If Ryan was the HC here 80% of the threads would be supporting him and his comments.

Thanks Shifty!

Quote Quote  

5. -5
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by GoonBoss View Post
    If Ryan was the HC here 80% of the threads would be supporting him and his comments.
    Basically

Quote Quote  

6. -6
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by GoonBoss View Post
    We'd be leading the league in hot air fersure. You're probably right about fan support had he followed a Wanny, Cam or Satan. But having had the guy we're fortunate to have -even if he hadn't orchestrated the greatest turnaround in history, it's easy to tell the difference between hot air rehetoric and substance.

If you think about it, it's really blind naivety, without a snap from center, to buy into the unfounded verbiage that we're tough and we've got swagger. At this point, after experiencing the gospel according to Tony preaching tough but fair competition, personal accountability, and appreciation for performance, most Fins fans are smart enough to distinguish between steak and what's essentially "sizzle."

Quote Quote  

7. -7
    #12 #13 #23 #39 #54 #99

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Los Angeles, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If he had coached here we would all be supporting him no doubt about it. If Sporano came out and trash talked the Jets I'd be very supportive as long as he didn't say something stupid like "Who is the middle linebacker of our division rival?" But I know Sporano would ever be that dumb. Sporano is the MAN!
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BAMAPHIN 22 View Post
    Wallace Wright, another receiver, said “whenever you have a coach who speaks his mind, and doesn’t sugarcoat things, I think it’s better for everyone. Because he encourages us to speak our minds. It’s a different type of mentality now. We’re going to line up and hit you in the mouth, and can you stop it?”
    Hit you IN the mouth or hit you WITH our mouths? These clowns are just making it worse for themselves each and every day and the medias eating it up while the gettins good
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Paddy's Pub

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Boom City
    Thanks / No Thanks
    we'd definitely support him. hell, i think he's funny. we'll see how we does as a HC but if i was a jets fan i'd be laughing right along with him right now. his personality fits that city well.

Quote Quote  

10. -10
    ***** in the House!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Philadelphia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'm sure we would be happy, but I'm glad with who we got.
    I don't think the Jets have a Bill Parcells overlooking their team.
    Quote Quote