Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

Thread: Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2010 Review

1. -1
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2010 Review

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...tour-10-review

Game looks very promising. I trust DSpydr84's view on the game and went out to buy the game. It's very fun and I am not even that much into golf honestly. who has it?
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I've had every one since 1999.....haven't purchased 2010 yet...but being able to participate in whatever current tournament is happening on the PGA Tour, and in those precise weather conditions might be the coolest thing I've ever heard of in a video game...
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    i think this game is awesome for the wii
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    awesome game period. not much of a golf fan but im hooked. tryin to boost stats alone is fun.
    it started with the tuck rule.

if a Quarterback is attempting to pass he must have the ball tucked completely back into his body before it can be a fumble. This means even if he is attempting to tuck back into his body when he fumbles it is an incomplete pass.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Pat White Project

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Utah
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by FLA-PATRIOT View Post
    awesome game period. not much of a golf fan but im hooked. tryin to boost stats alone is fun.
    Have you had previous Tiger Woods games? Is the boosting of your golfer's stats way different than it has been every other year? If not, I don't see this as worth buying.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Well I finally purchased it....and here's what I think...

1. SCORING ---- The leader board is WAY too jumbled up in tournaments.....there should be more 2, 3, 4, stroke gaps etc., instead of only a 1 stroke difference all the way through....to make it more realistic....rather than having 10 players tied for 1st place.....11 players tied for 2nd place....8 players tied for 3rd place....etc...

Also, the scoring is still too low in tough tournaments....the game should take into consideration that 32 under par doesn't win U.S. Open's...lol....usually something around even par or a couple under wins because U.S. Open's are so difficult....sometimes even over par wins...

2. WEATHER ---- I really like the elements being a factor, however, it's too inconsistent. For example, sometimes you should play an entire round in the same weather conditions....be it rain or shine or wind or whatever...instead of it changing drastically literally every 9 holes or so.....or dare I say, even 2 or 3 consecutive days with the same weather...to make it more realistic? Also, the course conditions changing based on weather conditions should be more gradual and realistic...the course doesn't slow down that much IMMEDIATELY after it starts raining.

Not to mention the game should take difficult scoring conditions (wind, rain, etc.) into consideration for ALL the players scores....not just yours. When the wind is blowing 20 mph and your struggling to shoot par, it should also be reflective in the rest of the scores instead of everyone shooting 62's...again...to make it more realistic....

3. COMMENTATING ---- I wish they would have more than 2 commentators....I've been waiting on that in this game for 10 years...lol....there are so many good commentators that they could add....all providing different prospectives as they do in real golf tournaments....Scott Van Pelt and Kelly Tilghman get really annoying after about the first tournament...just like Gary McCord and David Feherty did when it was only those two on the game...although they were still MUCH better....ADD MORE ANNOUNCERS PLEASE....

4. GAME PLAY ---- It gets really boring playing 4 rounds of a golf tournament by yourself.....seeing only your shots...and only seeing the scores posted by the other players. There should be pairings of 3 on the first 2 days...just like real golf tournaments....and pairings of 2 on the weekends if you make the cut....you should be able to play tournaments with the players they have in the game and watch them play the course just as you do...play along side them....

They should also add in some match play tournaments along the way.....like the 64 man field Match Play Championship, etc. that the PGA Tour plays every year.....

Finally, I wish they would start having ALL of the courses they've ever had in the game all in one game....

Overall it's great game if you're a golf fan....and they really do a great job of making these video games so real it's unbelievable nowdays....but it's the little things that they could do to make it so much better....and there's no reason why they couldn't do it seeing as how realistic they make them now visually....
    Quote Quote