Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 20 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Knowing what you knownow, john beck or Jake Long?

1. -1
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Greensboro, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks

Knowing what you knownow, john beck or Jake Long?

john beck is already a franchise QB in his rookie season. That's pretty hard to top. QB has to be the toughest position to draft a winner in the NFL, followed by Left Tackle. It's a close call but I'd have to give the edge to john beck.

I can't wait till the season starts and I hope we beat Atlanta.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'd still take Jake Long. IMO, if you surround any QB with enough talent, he can win you games. john beck is a solid QB, but far from spectacular. That team would've had similar success with Chris Redman at QB, frankly. I'm confident that, with our solid OL, good RBs, and deep corps of WRs with complementary talents, Chad Henne will be a competent starter. If he's Marino II, then Hooray.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jake Long! I am still a strong believer in building from the trenches.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jake Long. My position was then and is now, No QB is going to be succesful with that garbage we had on the line going into that draft. Though Satele had played well in his rookie season and Carey did a good job at left tackle, the rest were just a bunch of guys that weren't very good.
    "The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane."
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I would prefer to answer this question in 5 years but you would have to choose the QB over the LT every time if they are both pro bowl players. QB's are just to hard to find. Still going back to last years draft Jake Longs was the right move for the phins.
    1. He was the safe money pick compared to john beckn.
    2. He fit the long term plans of the phins/Bill Parcells to build the team around a running game first and passing game second.
    3. Left Tackle was a big need for the phins last year.
    4. Probably the largest thing to consider is that the phins addressed the QB position in last years draft so until we see Chadd Henne play maybe we already have our own john beck on the team already.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    League Dominator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    St. Pete Beach, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CW_McGraw View Post
    I'd still take Jake Long. IMO, if you surround any QB with enough talent, he can win you games. john beck is a solid QB, but far from spectacular. That team would've had similar success with Chris Redman at QB, frankly. I'm confident that, with our solid OL, good RBs, and deep corps of WRs with complementary talents, Chad Henne will be a competent starter. If he's Marino II, then Hooray.
    Are you kidding?
    Jets suck, Bills suck, Patriots suck.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Who D Best?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    56ACE
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Lets see: Jake Long and Chad Henne vs. john beck and John Greco or Jeremy Zuttah?

I think Long and hard they made a great decision.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    down like a clown Charlie Brown

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    North Carolina!!!
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Still too early to tell...Depending on how Chad henne does and if Jake Long continues to get better. Henne could be just as good if not better than john beck, and if thats the case then obviously Jake Long would be the better pick, but still too early.

Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jake Long hands down. First there is no guarantee that Ryan would have done in Miami what he did in Atlanta. Secondly even superstar qb's can't do anything laying flat on thier backs. You start from the trenches and work your way out.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SQuinn17 View Post
    Are you kidding?
    No. In his limited playing time, Chris Redman was actually a serviceable starter. john beck had a good supporting cast last year, and now with Tony Gonzalez his weapons are second to only Brady. Redman could've at least lead the Falcons to a winning record. Michael Turner was the reason the Falcons made the playoffs. john beck just managed games. Long term, though Ryan's obviously a franchise QB and will be there in Atlanta making Pro Bowls for the next decade so it was still a good pick.

In retrospect, I probably should've said that Ryan "was a solid starter," not that he "is a solid starter." I'd be surprised if he didn't become a top 10 QB next season.
    Quote Quote