Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Watching Phins games on TV

1. -1
    Lost in the fog

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Watching Phins games on TV

Not being able to watch Phins games live has been something I've just lived with, being on the West Coast.

I'm trying to figure out my options for this year. I'm well aware of Sunday Ticket, but we unfortunately have Dish Network and switching entails additional financial issues and we're happy with DN otherwise. BUt I suppose switching is an option...

Do I have any other options? Has anyone heard anything about the league negotiating to bring Sunday Ticket to DISH? Will there be any paid Internet streaming this year? Any other options?

Just trying to get my ducks in a row before the season begins. I thoroughly enjoyed last season, but didn't get to watch enough of the games live (actually thanks to the Niners, Raiders, and Chargers games I got to see 3 more games than normal! It was a west coast bonanza!).
    Last edited by GoonBoss; 07-15-2009 at 12:05 AM. Reason: Internet streams are illegal and not condoned at FH
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    DirecTV is still the only ones to show the games. If you don't want to go to a bar, we have a chat room on FH where guys meet up and do play by play. It's fun.

Another idea is looking at ESPN.com, Yahoo Sports or NFL.com while listening to the live radio feed. I did that a few times last week and enjoyed it.

Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Punching Bag

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Shark city
    Thanks / No Thanks
    yea im glad we used to have comcast than we switched to direct tv a few years back.
    The options are small there is a bar in San Jose where normally about 15-20 dolphin fans go and watch the games together.
    Direct tv just signed a ext with the NFL to be the only ones with sunday ticket so your options are looking small.
    find a friend with direct tv... go to a bar... or online..

Quote Originally Posted by CedarPhin View Post
    We've got to make HOF an honorary Crew member.
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnBeckHOF View Post
    I want no part of induction into your sinful little get-together you have here, squatting on internet bandwith that could be used in better, more productive ways.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    There were some streaming live games on NFL.com last year. I think they were Sunday night games. The webcast was actually really nice. They had cameras on several player, and you could pick what one you wanted to watch, or you could just pick endzone view or blimp views. Other options are radio subscriptions for live audio of the game, but its just not the same.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dream Songs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Glad my dad had Direct TV and is a Dolphin fan.

Otherwise, I'd be at a bar each Sunday.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Finheaven Templar

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    The Crossroads of TX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    NFL rewind is pretty cheap and you get the game shortly after it's been shown.

Thanks Shifty!

Quote Quote  

7. -7
    The High Tech Bong Monkey!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dallas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    No way would I go spend hundreds of dollars and then sit at home, alone, and watch the Dolphins.

For the past 13 years I've been meeting up with fellow Dolphins fans at a local establishment and we, as a group, watch our team win and lose. Together. We pay for what we drink or eat.
    We also get to watch every other game there as well.
    So my suggestion is to find your local fan club and see where they go to watch it. You won't be sorry, I promise.
    There's nothing like watching your team with other fans. Sitting at home? Eh...not for me.
    I think Curt has a live listing on places to watch at phins dot com.
    Ask me about the Miami Dolphins "Game of the Week" during the offseason.

Miami Dolphins DVD Video Library
    Now hosting Miami Dolphins games on DVD including the games like
    '85 Bears game, Fake Spike game, and the '94 shoot out vs Patriots!!

Games available for your iPhone and iPod Touch!
    PM for details
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Don't Hate Miami

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    FIU - Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17PS4 ControllerDolphins Homer2013 Dolphins Logo
    I was wondering about this for the preseason. Is there a stream or anything available? I'm going to be up north for the first two preseason games, most likely. I haven't missed any game, preseason or regular, for three years.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cafinfan408 View Post
    yea im glad we used to have comcast than we switched to direct tv a few years back.
    The options are small there is a bar in San Jose where normally about 15-20 dolphin fans go and watch the games together.
    Direct tv just signed a ext with the NFL to be the only ones with sunday ticket so your options are looking small.
    find a friend with direct tv... go to a bar... or online..
    Cafinfan408 ... Which bar in San Jose?

I live in Santa Clara & go to the Britania Arms Cupertino with a Dolphin buddy. Our Dolphin gang has dwindled to us two over the last few years, but its got a fun football crowd. Man, sure is a shortage of Sports Bars in the Bay Area, I grew up in the MidWest & there's one every 10 miles or so.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Why not Us?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Currently Stationed Overseas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I am not satisfied with any of the answers so far or in the past regarding this subject. There has to be another way... I refuse to believe that I cannot get a clear and decent signal/stream of our beloved dolphins. My situation has nothing to do with "options"... I would love to pay the $300/$400 on directv. Unfortunately I am stationed overseas in Guam and no cable company here has a football subscription. Because of this reason I MUST find a live stream/signal. I have been on the field as a member of the U. S. Coast Guard color guard team during the National Anthem for the past two years. The possibility of missing my fins has not hit me. I refuse to believe that I will miss any games. Please help!
    COME ON' RYAN!!!
    Quote Quote