Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

Thread: MERGED: Progression or Regression? Dolphins WRs & TEs

1. -1
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

MERGED: Progression or Regression? Dolphins WRs & TEs

Even head coach Tony Sparano has admitted he has no idea who the Miami Dolphins' top receiver is.

THE BREAKDOWN: Considering every receiver is fairly young in terms of age and experience, it's not a stretch of the imagination to expect each to improve slightly. Ginn's working to become a better route runner. Bess has become stronger, and is working on his speed. And Armstrong wasthe talk of the offseason program because of his drastic improvement. Even Wilford, who was moved from receiver to tight end this offseason, showed some signs of life at his new position. If he can block Wilford will likely push Haynos for the third tight end spot.

Fasano, who contributed seven touchdowns in 2008, is entering his second season as a starter, and could be on the verge of a breakout yearconsidering this is a contract year for the former Notre Dame standout. It doesn't hurt that rookies were added to both units, and Pennington will be more familiar with the offense, and his player's strengths and weaknesses.

http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports...ns-wr-tes.html
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Still Perfect.. and You're Not.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Baltimore MD/ Miami, Flor
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Coach Sprano also said that Ted Ginn Jr. looked "dominant" at times during mini-camps. ted Ginn Jr., love him or hate him, he is a football player and he improved more than anyone on our team in terms of growing as a player from the 2007 season to the 2008 season. In that New York Jets game for the division Ginn made some very nice plays that were vital to us winning that game.

Davone Bess is simply a stud. He makes up for our John beck in Round 2 pick.
    For your Sports News, Dolphins point of view, and Draft Talk please follow me at....

http://twitter.com/NealDriscoll and visit my draft site NFL DRAFT WIZARD (http://www.nfldraftwizard.com) and read my mock's and articles at MiamiDolphinsDraft.com
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    As I describe within the following post, I believe we are going to more 3 and 4 wide receiver sets. I belive that is the common thread of our offseason, so my vote is for significant progression.

http://www.finheaven.com/show...95&postcount=4
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando Fla
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Have to call this a progression, not sure of the level, that will be answered during TC and Preseason. If I had to guess I'd say slight to mid Progression for the reasons "real Driscoll" stated above. Plus with the addition of the TE and WR draft picks only helps the cause.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    U made the pudding but forgot the proof.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Ted Ginn is the wildcard here...

It is funny to me how so many have complained that Pennington has actually hurt Ginn's progression... IMO that is TOTALLY backwards... Ginn never had to improve on running PAST guys... He had to learn how to play underneath... Run crisp routes and get seperation in 10 yards not 20... Position himself to make plays on the ball and take the hits. I think we will look back and say that Pennington was the best thing that ever happened to Ginn... I believe he has become that COMPLETE receiver...

I say... Capital 'P' Progression this year.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Huntsville, AL
    Thanks / No Thanks

Progression or Regression? Dolphins WRs & TEs

Even head coach Tony Sparano has admitted he has no idea who the Miami Dolphins' top receiver is.

Sparano and his assistant coaches have a couple of players to pick from, and quarterback Chad Pennington often favors a different target every game. But is it really a problem that the Dolphins don't have a pass catching weapon that scares opposing defenses?

I personally think it's not an issue because of the way the Dolphins' offense is structured (to constantly change, and attack defenses where they are weak), and Pennington's propensity to diversify his weaponry.
    http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports...ns-wr-tes.html
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hopefully Ginn will become that weapon this year, and it should be interesting to see what Armstrong can do. It still wouldn't shock me to see Camarillo start the season on the PUP so he can fully recover and the team can take a long look at the newer guys.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    After reading that article and how awful it was in terms of writing, I of course knew it was Omar Kelly, and not Harvey Flankov.. then I realized Harvey is no longer covering the Dolphins. What happened?

Great, now we're just stuck with that hack
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I beleive we currently are good not great and perhaps have some good depth .
    We should improve this year mainly because of our game time experience from last year.
    The coaches know what they have this year in each of the players abilities except for the rookies compared to last year they really knew very little until a 3rd of a way through the season. Remember we had Dereck Hagan starting the first few games last year before he was cut. This year we will start off a lot faster so expect Bess, Fasanno and Carmillo numbers in terms of catches to improve dramatically from last year
    Quote Quote