Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Houtz Presents: Madden 2010 Impressions

1. -1
    Pay the man!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pennyslvania
    Thanks / No Thanks

Houtz Presents: Madden 2010 Impressions

I will be picking the game up tomorrow at 3PM est so I thought I'd start this thread to give everyone the opportunity to ask questions. I will also be posting my Impressions in this thread.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wheatland, WY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Gears of War tagPlaystation LogoCam Wake 91PS4 Controller2013 Dolphins Logo
    I would love to hear what you think. I really want to know if it is a true improvement over 09 and if it is worth the money.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Pay the man!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pennyslvania
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I will let you know. I'm pretty damn excited! This will be the first year I get the game early.

If you're on PS3 I can give you the "exclusive demo" from gamestop. I made a seperate account and basically gave it out to 20 or 30 people so they could download the demo. It's worked well.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Suns and Fins superfan

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Boise, Idaho
    Thanks / No Thanks
    How are you getting it early?
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Pay the man!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pennyslvania
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I got it at a Mom n Pop shop in Central, Pa. I called around to every video game store within 45 miles and finally found a store that would sell the game early.

Early Impressions definitely say this is the best Madden to date. If you have any questions or would like me to go into detail on anything let me know.

I didn't want to spend time typing out a huge essay for 2 or 3 guys to read.

The options in the wildcat are ridiculous. 12 plays all together with 4 or 5 packages for each play. The possibilities are endless. Pat White is looking pretty nice as well.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Pay the man!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pennyslvania
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Here's the proof for those that don't believe me..

[/IMG]
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    mediocrity sucks

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Drum, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by houtz View Post
    I got it at a Mom n Pop shop in Central, Pa. I called around to every video game store within 45 miles and finally found a store that would sell the game early.

Early Impressions definitely say this is the best Madden to date. If you have any questions or would like me to go into detail on anything let me know.

I didn't want to spend time typing out a huge essay for 2 or 3 guys to read.

The options in the wildcat are ridiculous. 12 plays all together with 4 or 5 packages for each play. The possibilities are endless. Pat White is looking pretty nice as well.
    A nice little review would be nice . Downloading Madden 10 right now for the 360, cannot wait to try out the wildcat.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Pay the man!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pennyslvania
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The game is a pretty big step up from 2009.

* Man Coverage is fixed which is a huge plus.

* Graphics are insane. Players look like their real life counterpart, they have the right equipment, the half time and pre game graphics are sick, tons of presentation during the game. It reminds me a lot like 2k.

* Online plays well. It was just me and my boy over at VSN but it played flawlessly much like 2009.

* I've been playing on Normal which is a bit faster then the demo. I think this game speed is perfect. Not to fast, not to slow.

* The run game is much improved. You can finally see holes open up. It takes patience but is definitely awesome. Ronnie Brown ran all over his Bears defense.

* The wildcat is awesome. One of the things I was really looking forward to this year. There are two formations with 6 plays in each. You can sub in 5 or 6 different packages for each play. The only complaint I have is with the PA pass out of the Wildcat you can't tuck the ball and scramble. Makes it hard to move around with Pat White and Ronnie Brown if you're in the throwing stance. Pat White is a beast.

* Dolphins playbook is huge. One of the biggest playbooks in the game.

* The middle of the field is still pretty effective.

* Ginn gets off the bump surprisingly well. In the game I just played he beat a defender inside caught the ball, and out ran everyone for a good 45 yard TD, it made me happy. It also makes me happy he actually looks like Ted Ginn.

* If you played NCAA all those "lame duck" passes that the QB would throw would usually get picked. That's not the case in Madden.

* The Kickoff return game needs to be rehashed. Way to many big returns on kickoffs.

* Love that they brought back defensive assignments. Being able to put Will Allen on the opposition's best player is great.

* Will Allen is rated 81, while Vontae Davis is a 77. That surprised me because when ESPN released the ratings Vontae was a 77 and W. Allen was a 75.

* No Hartline, Nalbone, or Wake . I think we need to wait for another roster update. Speaking of roster update, there is already one online but I'm not really sure what changed.

* I love the HB Slip Screen. It's pretty effective if you let the play develop.

* Overall the best Madden to date IMO

* Oh yeah, and the soundtrack is great.

If you have any questions I will answer them.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    All-Madden

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Toronto
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Congrats on the early pickup, Houtz.
    I seen you and Tami online with "playing madden 10" under your name.
    Nice score.
    Im still trying to get my copy in my area.
    Im really looking forward to the online frachise. I hope ea puts in capped rosters.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Pay the man!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pennyslvania
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CsonkYa View Post
    Congrats on the early pickup, Houtz.
    I seen you and Tami online with "playing madden 10" under your name.
    Nice score.
    Im still trying to get my copy in my area.
    Im really looking forward to the online frachise. I hope ea puts in capped rosters.
    We all reside over on Virtualsportsnetwork.com. You need to get your *** over there.
    Quote Quote