Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Smith getting some accolades from Mayock on NFL Network

1. -1
    Where is the reset button?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    illinois
    Thanks / No Thanks

Smith getting some accolades from Mayock on NFL Network

Nice little quick blurb with Eisen, Mayock and Sapp talking about rookie impacts and Mayock took Sean Smith. Mayock went on to say he is outplaying Davis and is the "sensation" right now. He was raving about that interception in the endzone in the Jags game, stating he looked more like a "wideout".

Quick blurb but nice to get some love.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Dolfan for Life

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Coral Gables, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Like the national pub, but I take what Mayock says with a grain of salt. He's the same dude whom said Jake Long was more of a "right tackle" and didn't have the footwork to be a dominant LT. He was right on the money with that one...HA!
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Lost in the fog

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    What do these guys do, jump on team message boards before their segment and spew out what they just read?
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Owner of the Palace of Wisdom

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Harrisburg, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Yessir View Post
    Like the national pub, but I take what Mayock says with a grain of salt. He's the same dude whom said Jake Long was more of a "right tackle" and didn't have the footwork to be a dominant LT. He was right on the money with that one...HA!
    to be fair, most people said that about Jake. He did say that at the very worst, Miami would be getting an All-Pro RT in Jake, but he also gave Jake more credit than most analysts did.

That's the thing with Jake. I'm a Michigan fan so I knew how good he was, but the general feeling was that he never went up against elite pass rushers and when he did, he struggled (though in reality he didn't really struggle at all)

Mayock is probably the least biased analyst that doesn't judge picks based entirely on where he ranks players like McShay and Kiper. The only thing I really didn't agree with him on last year was how good Robert Ayers would be (just didn't have the production in college). I think he also has way too high hopes for Pat White, but hey, I hope Pat has success with us.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    the annual ritual

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    in a bottle
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jake would be even better as a right tackle. Is that a secret?
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Check out what Andy Cohen said in his latest article about Sean Smith. Clearly, Sean's stock with the team is rising. Man, I hope so. We need all the talent we can get to deal with receivers like T.O. and Randy Moss in the AFC East this year.

http://www.miamidolphins.com/newsite...contentID=6589

Let's just hope that Vontae Davis is going to break through to a higher level a couple more notches before the regular season starts. We can't afford to see those mental errors once the season gets going. We need more than just chiseled muscles and athleticism.

We need very savvy, smart DBs. DBs that learn their craft quickly and remember it once the pressure is on. Our new DBs need to get wise beyond their years in the league somehow or another. Watch lots of film and listen carefully to the coaches and the veterans. Write it down on paper or on a blackboard. Visualize doing their job correctly during the day. Dream about it at night. Whatever it takes.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Lost in the fog

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DolphinsFan23 View Post
    Check out what Andy Cohen said in his latest article about Sean Smith. Clearly, Sean's stock with the team is rising. Man, I hope so. We need all the talent we can get to deal with receivers like T.O. and Randy Moss in the AFC East this year.

Let's just hope that Vontae Davis is going to break through to a higher level a couple more notches before the regular season starts. We can't afford to see those mental errors once the season gets going. We need more than just chiseled muscles and athleticism.

We need very savvy, smart DBs. DBs that learn their craft quickly and remember it once the pressure is on. Our new DBs need to get wise beyond their years in the league somehow or another. Watch lots of film and listen carefully to the coaches and the veterans. Write it down on paper or on a blackboard. Visualize doing their job correctly during the day. Dream about it at night. Whatever it takes.
    Good point. Nnamdi's a friggin professor, and not successful only because of his size. Will Allen has also turned into a "scholar" of the game and it shows.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    What I really like about this Smith pub is that it's not based on just meaningless draft hype. He's gone out and forced the press to pay attention.
    Mockin' it 2013 (wildly optimistic)

1. Damontre Moore (DE)
    2a. DeAndre Hopkins (WR)
    2b. Desmond Trufant (CB)
    3a. Kyle Long (OT)
    3b. Bacarri Rambo (S)
    4. Le'Veon Bell (RB)
    5. Shayne Skov (LB)
    6. Marquess Wilson (WR)
    7. Dustin Hopkins (K)
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Finheaven Hall of Fame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Chandler, Arizona
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DolphinsFan23 View Post

I would take Cohen's analysis with a grain of salt. The guy works for the team, ya know .

Mayock is one of the best analysts out there today and I'll certainly trust his word more than Kiper or McShay.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Roanoke, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The most impressive thing I see from Smith is the way he plays the ball and not the WR. He can cover the WR but he has a sense of when the ball is coming, he looks up locates the ball and tries to make a play on it. That my friends is how you beat Moss, by playing the ball.

Webster gave a clinic on how it's done when the giants played the pats and he shut down moss for most of the game.
    Born to fight. Trained to kill. Ready to die, but never will.
    Quote Quote