Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Look on the bright side...

1. -1
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Look on the bright side...

...we could all be in Minnesota cheering for the Vikings, with a sudden Favre cadaver thrust on us, forced to support a drama queen me-first aging prom queen.

Thank goodness we're Fin fans!

Even when the team lays a brick, at least we've got no nonsense Sparano and kick-butt real guy attitudes: shape up or ship out, no drama queens.

Thank goodness for small -- er large, lol -- blessings.

LD
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lauderville, Florilina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LDaniel7 View Post
    ...we could all be in Minnesota cheering for the Vikings, with a sudden Favre cadaver thrust on us, forced to support a drama queen me-first aging prom queen.

Thank goodness we're Fin fans!

Even when the team lays a brick, at least we've got no nonsense Sparano and kick-butt real guy attitudes: shape up or ship out, no drama queens.

Thank goodness for small -- er large, lol -- blessings.

LD
    I'd trade some no-nonsense attitude for a bit of drama if it improved our chances of winning the AFC and getting to a Super Bowl. When you win, no one really cares about the attitudes of players on the team. I'm personally not a fan of drama queens and attitudes but I am a pretty big fan of winning Super Bowls so that I can die a happy man.

Quote Quote  

3. -3
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Off the shoulder of Orion
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Always look on the bright side of life:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHPOzQzk9Qo
    "It happens all the time," Taylor said. "It's not an exact science and personnel guys aren't the end-all, be-all. " Jason Taylor,2011
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JCane View Post
    I'd trade some no-nonsense attitude for a bit of drama if it improved our chances of winning the AFC and getting to a Super Bowl. When you win, no one really cares about the attitudes of players on the team. I'm personally not a fan of drama queens and attitudes but I am a pretty big fan of winning Super Bowls so that I can die a happy man.
    lol, certainly another point of view on the matter, lol. Never thought of it that way...

Except you are right -- maybe not in reference to Favre, but I'm originally from near Pittsburgh and I have to admit that Ben is a drama queen, in many respects, with a very highly attuned sense of grievance if he's not the center of adulation/attention. But heck. No one cares as long as they're winning championships.

So another POV, true. At the end of the day, I'd much rather have success with a lunch pail hard working blue collar, swim w. the Fins or "sleep with the fishes" Sparano ethic.

In a perfect world, lol.

LD
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    snitchin is bitchin

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Texas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I wish we were like Minnesota, they are already NFC contenders

Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    NJ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyCarl View Post
    I wish we were like Minnesota, they are already NFC contenders
    Only on paper, and according to the media.

1.Farvre start resorting to his old gunslinger ways, and his body shots down, they will have to go to someone else,...problem

2. They also have a very talented rookie receiver thay are counting on, but problem is that talented rookie comes with extreme baggage,.....problem

3. Finally their whole being contenders rides on one extremely talented RB, he gets injured for any bit of time, they will fall behind in a division that has the Packers and the Bears competing....problem

They make it to the Playoffs, it will be mostly because individuals, we make it, it will be because of the entire team.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lauderville, Florilina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tay0365 View Post
    Only on paper
    Sounds like us.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    You can't adjust to great players making great plays, but we're pretty adept at everything else (whoops! forgot about special teams, we SUCK at downing punts).

I know Bill, I know.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandarilla 72 View Post
    we SUCK at downing punts).
    We could have Tony call Mike Singletary ... he knows all about downing them!!
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    NJ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JCane View Post
    Sounds like us.
    Actually few of the so called experts are giving us little credit on paper, they think it had more to due with the schedule last year, yet, Brady gets injured again (Word is that Brady may again have an injury to deal with after the last game) or if he is not 100% Miami could again take the East.

The Difference with the Vikes and us though is, if we lose Ronnie, Ricky can pick it up until Ronnie comes back, we lose any of our receivers, we lose little skill wise from one to the other, we lose Pennington, I personally think Henne can come in and do enough to help us continue to succeed, and eventually when he gets comfortable, could add something to the offense with the deep pass.

The Vikings are riding their success on offense on a great RB, a once great QB that is fighting injury and age, and a Rookie receiver that could just as easily be a distraction, as a weapon.
    Quote Quote