Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 11 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Obama called the N word

1. -1
    Reach for the Stars

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Maryland
    Thanks / No Thanks

Obama called the N word

I don't know if any of you guys watch C-Span, but this morining they were talking about Obama keeping his promise not to raise taxes for ppl under 250K..well anyway, a phone caller called in and say that he believed Obama would keep his word, and when asked why, he said beleive Obama is a n..ger..C-Span quickly hung up and put out a statement they don't condon that type of language.. this is what so many minorities feared, and thought so many thought of them.. This presidency has shown minorities these fears and thoughts are still out there... so for all of you who will say this is an isolated incident, I'm telling you BS, before you even start.. it's just coming to the surface more and more now.. we have a lot of ignorant ppl out there.. and it's enough to be a scary amount.

As I watch Ted Kennedy being bured today, I'm reminded of what happened to his brothers early on, and what just happened to that guard at the holocuast center..and I see that possibilities that that can happened to obama, not because of his policies, but his color.. We keep being reminded..the devil has so much influcence in this world..and people believe him.. 99.9% of our DNA is exactly alike, yet we treat each other like we're different creatures instead of the same, with .1% accounting for skin and hair difference.. When do we actually grow up? I keep wondering.. I know the color of a person's skin still matter in this country, weather those ppl who keep saying it doesn't can't see that.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    who said there werent anymore racist MD? we have 300 million people in this country. without a doubt, i believe (just myself), that the majority (90%) of americans have no problem with a black or woman president.

but just like when you say that you agree with some of the things rev. wright says, or when obama says "white folks greed runs a world in need" that also is innappropriate.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Reach for the Stars

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Maryland
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jared81 View Post
    who said there werent anymore racist MD? we have 300 million people in this country. without a doubt, i believe (just myself), that the majority (90%) of americans have no problem with a black or woman president.

but just like when you say that you agree with some of the things rev. wright says, or when obama says "white folks greed runs a world in need" that also is innappropriate.
    you really think only 10% of the pop is racist, that includes all races and eithic groups... if that the case, that's pretty good, I thinkit's a little higher myself..
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Sopwith Camel Pilot

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Aviano, Italy
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I tend to think it is higher. Every race has racists. There is no way to put a percentage on it considering the amount of racial/ethnicities the U.S is made up of but if you could, I wouldn't be surprised if it hovered near 50%
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Defender of the Truth

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Please let's not forget that racism goes in several different directions. As Jared said, we have 300 million people in our nation, of different races. Racism is not exclusive white on eveyone else.

I would argue based on my experiences and wordly travels, other ethnicities are more racists than white Americans. I've seen it and heard it.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
    -Winston Churchill

All things being equal, when you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.
    -Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    teammates

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MDFINFAN View Post
    I don't know if any of you guys watch C-Span, but this morining they were talking about Obama keeping his promise not to raise taxes for ppl under 250K..well anyway, a phone caller called in and say that he believed Obama would keep his word, and when asked why, he said beleive Obama is a n..ger..C-Span quickly hung up and put out a statement they don't condon that type of language.. this is what so many minorities feared, and thought so many thought of them.. This presidency has shown minorities these fears and thoughts are still out there... so for all of you who will say this is an isolated incident, I'm telling you BS, before you even start.. it's just coming to the surface more and more now.. we have a lot of ignorant ppl out there.. and it's enough to be a scary amount.

As I watch Ted Kennedy being bured today, I'm reminded of what happened to his brothers early on, and what just happened to that guard at the holocuast center..and I see that possibilities that that can happened to obama, not because of his policies, but his color.. We keep being reminded..the devil has so much influcence in this world..and people believe him.. 99.9% of our DNA is exactly alike, yet we treat each other like we're different creatures instead of the same, with .1% accounting for skin and hair difference.. When do we actually grow up? I keep wondering.. I know the color of a person's skin still matter in this country, weather those ppl who keep saying it doesn't can't see that.

i remember watching a show about jackie robinson. it went into great detail about why he was the first black man to be signed in mlb. one of the things that struck me was when they said he wasnt the best player, that there were quite a few who were considered better than him. but he was the one that was picked. not only because of his skill but because of his temperment and brains. they knew if they picked the wrong person that it would set the black ball player back for a long time. thats what made him so special not only his play on the field but how he handled all the other bs that went with it. his sucess opened the door for the rest.

you have the same thing going on right now with obama, its not as open but its there. if obama gets everything he wants and it all goes south you can bet that he will be the last black pres for a long time. obama holds alot of race relations in his hands, hopefully he realizes it. because if he gets to libral and things go bad, many will be reserved when it comes to voting for the next black pres. i think it would same if it was a women. there will always be people who judge you based on your looks. its not always skin color either
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Dark_Knight View Post
    Please let's not forget that racism goes in several different directions. As Jared said, we have 300 million people in our nation, of different races. Racism is not exclusive white on eveyone else.

I would argue based on my experiences and wordly travels, other ethnicities are more racists than white Americans. I've seen it and heard it.

absolutely.....ive been to multiple countries in europe and have been to some of the soccer matches there. i was amazed at the racism that was aimed at the black players. i think it is funny sometimes when liberal americans think europe is a symbol of equality and rights when in actuallity it is a very brutally racist continent.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    What color was the caller? Someone calling the N word could be a person of any color. As unfortunate as it is many blacks call themselves that very same thing. I hear it, you hear it...it can't go away until everyone stops saying it.

I can't seem to shake the feeling that the assumption is that this person was white. Am I correct?
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    They looked like strong hands.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by myke1072 View Post
    What color was the caller? Someone calling the N word could be a person of any color. As unfortunate as it is many blacks call themselves that very same thing. I hear it, you hear it...it can't go away until everyone stops saying it.

I can't seem to shake the feeling that the assumption is that this person was white. Am I correct?
    Ridiculous.

The way black people use it with each other is VERY different than the way it is used when a racist says it. You know this. In the context MD described, there was no other meaning besides hate...

If I could take your pain and frame it, and hang it on my wall,
    maybe you would never have to hurt again...

Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    So you are saying it is okay for a black person to say this word? That is what is ridiculous.
    Quote Quote