Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

Thread: Last few books I've read

1. -1
    Finheaven Hall of Shame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Hotel California
    Thanks / No Thanks

Last few books I've read

Last few books that I've read have been some fairly good ones.

For one, the two Wolf of Wall Street books, by Jordan Belfort, which are The Wolf of Wall Street, and Catching the Wolf of Wall Street. These two are two of the most well-written books I've ever read. They're both those types of books that you can't put down once you start reading them.

Another book, The Bad Guys Won!, about the 1986 New York Mets and ther various antics over the course of not only that season but years leading up to that year as well. Really was an entertaining book.

For politics, I read the book Nixonland: The Rise of a President and the Fracturing of America. It was a pretty solid book starting with Nixon's early childhood and leading up to his re-election in 1972. Definitely was a fascinating read.

For true crime, I've read quite a few, but the latest ones that I've read are The Five Families, about NYC's 5 Mafia families and their long and interseting histories, and The Accountant's Story, which was written by Pablo Escobar's brother about Escobar's life and the Medellin Cartel.

So yeah, that's what I recommend at this moment.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    The Truth (I promise)

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Gem State
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CedarPhin View Post
    Last few books that I've read have been some fairly good ones.

For one, the two Wolf of Wall Street books, by Jordan Belfort, which are The Wolf of Wall Street, and Catching the Wolf of Wall Street. These two are two of the most well-written books I've ever read. They're both those types of books that you can't put down once you start reading them.

Another book, The Bad Guys Won!, about the 1986 New York Mets and ther various antics over the course of not only that season but years leading up to that year as well. Really was an entertaining book.

For politics, I read the book Nixonland: The Rise of a President and the Fracturing of America. It was a pretty solid book starting with Nixon's early childhood and leading up to his re-election in 1972. Definitely was a fascinating read.

For true crime, I've read quite a few, but the latest ones that I've read are The Five Families, about NYC's 5 Mafia families and their long and interseting histories, and The Accountant's Story, which was written by Pablo Escobar's brother about Escobar's life and the Medellin Cartel.

So yeah, that's what I recommend at this moment.
    Is that Wolf of Wall Street the one where a guy drives a helicopter drunk, with one eye open?

True crime hasn't been my genre of choice, but I might be willing to read a book or two. Thanks for the suggestion. I might have to look that up for after I've read Metamorphoses and the Iliad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJNU2...eature=related
    2011 Boise State Football Preview Video!
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Finheaven Hall of Shame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Hotel California
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafiki View Post
    Is that Wolf of Wall Street the one where a guy drives a helicopter drunk, with one eye open?
    That would be the one. Best book I've read in a long time.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Finheaven Hall of Shame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Hotel California
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Just finished reading "Capitalism and Freedom" again...pretty solid book.
    Quote Quote