Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 28

Thread: Atlanta Best Beware!!!

  1. -1
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2006
    Posts:
    11,271
    vCash:
    3682
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
Gift received at 02-24-2014, 02:26 PM from hooshoopsTannehill 17Tannehill 17

    Atlanta Best Beware!!!

    As of Sat, the gloves come off Tuna, Sparano, Henning, Pasq, Lee, and our other coaches. This may seem meaningless to some, all coaches are doing the same.

    WRONG! These guys have over 100 frakin years of experiece, and new toys to play with. No one, no team, has a clue as to what they will do.

    The unknown is the scariest thing in the world to face, and Atlanta will.

    Hell, tee it up on Sunday. I'm already ready. LOL
    Quote Quote  

  2. -2
    EvilDylan's Avatar
    Scout Team

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2008
    Posts:
    2,963
    vCash:
    6737
    Loc:
    Huntsville, AL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    We better beware the screen pass.
    Quote Quote  

  3. -3
    cowboy82nd's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2005
    Posts:
    872
    vCash:
    1190
    Loc:
    georgia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilDylan View Post
    We better beware the screen pass.
    It looked like we've never seen that play before!
    Quote Quote  

  4. -4
    Waterlogged

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2007
    Posts:
    7,289
    vCash:
    1096
    Thanks / No Thanks
    How do you know Miami will let everything in the bag out against Atlanta ?

    It's a non division and a non conference game. Those games don't mean as much.

    They could be saving things for later games, like they waited until week 3 against the Patriots last year.. Even though they worked on the Wildcat way before that in training camp.
    Quote Quote  

  5. -5
    KippyIA1354's Avatar
    Home of the ONE and ONLY PERFECT TEAM!

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2006
    Posts:
    772
    vCash:
    2517
    Loc:
    PERFECTVILLE
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Greyboy View Post
    How do you know Miami will let everything in the bag out against Atlanta ?

    It's a non division and a non conference game. Those games don't mean as much.

    They could be saving things for later games, like they waited until week 3 against the Patriots last year.. Even though they worked on the Wildcat way before that in training camp.
    I think ol' HERM said it best!! "YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME!!"
    The Jarvis Landry ERA has begun!
    Quote Quote  

  6. -6
    Rookie

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2006
    Posts:
    502
    vCash:
    1048
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'm disturbed by the number of fans that can't spell our coach's name.
    Quote Quote  

  7. -7
    Waterlogged

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2007
    Posts:
    7,289
    vCash:
    1096
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KippyIA1354 View Post
    I think ol' HERM said it best!! "YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME!!"
    We have also heard our coaching staff putting a premium on division games.

    They look at the division games as more important.

    It's not a crazy idea to think they will be saving some plays for the divisional opponents.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -8
    cowboy82nd's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2005
    Posts:
    872
    vCash:
    1190
    Loc:
    georgia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Greyboy View Post
    How do you know Miami will let everything in the bag out against Atlanta ?

    It's a non division and a non conference game. Those games don't mean as much.

    They could be saving things for later games, like they waited until week 3 against the Patriots last year.. Even though they worked on the Wildcat way before that in training camp.
    Every regular season game means something. And as far as the Wildcat, Sparano, was upset after our second loss and started talking to the coaching staff about a change. It just so happen to be that New England was our next game.
    Quote Quote  

  9. -9
    Waterlogged

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2007
    Posts:
    7,289
    vCash:
    1096
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cowboy82nd View Post
    Every regular season game means something. And as far as the Wildcat, Sparano, was upset after our second loss and started talking to the coaching staff about a change. It just so happen to be that New England was our next game.
    I agree that every game is important.. And as a fan you want to believe that.

    But by the same token the staff has constantly said how they put a premium on division games.. Haven't you been paying attention over the past year ?

    Winning a division game is more important than winning an NFC game. Because you knock a loss on a division opponents record while adding a win for yours, and it helps tremendously with tie breaker scenarios.

    Much more than an NFC game would.

    Are you trying to tell me the game against Carolina this year will feel more important than the first game against the Patriots or Jets ?? Of course it wouldn't.. Because Division games have more significance as they have more ramifications on the big picture.

    It's just the way it is.
    Quote Quote  

  10. -10
    LANGER72's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Nov 2006
    Posts:
    8,626
    vCash:
    25347
    Loc:
    Munchkin Land / Emerald C
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Greyboy View Post
    I agree that every game is important.. And as a fan you want to believe that.

    But by the same token the staff has constantly said how they put a premium on division games.. Haven't you been paying attention over the past year ?

    Winning a division game is more important than winning an NFC game. Because you knock a loss on a division opponents record while adding a win for yours, and it helps tremendously with tie breaker scenarios.

    Much more than an NFC game would.

    Are you trying to tell me the game against Carolina this year will feel more important than the first game against the Patriots or Jets ?? Of course it wouldn't.. Because Division games have more significance as they have more ramifications on the big picture.

    It's just the way it is.
    The dolphins should just use their vanilla offense and keep any of the new wrinkles in our bag of tricks until we play a division team?
    There are no throw away games. The Atlanta game is a winnable game against an opponent with a weak defense. We will need this win because we have Indy and SD coming up next. Starting out 1-2, or 0-3 would not bode well for a repeat AFC east championship.I believe we should pull out all of the stops offensively in game #1. We will need to score more points than Atlanta...and atlanta in 2008 put up alot points.If history is an indicator, we will need probably 30+ points to win. I have not seen that kind of scoring yet from our team this season. We had better clean up our sloppy tackling ,poor decision making during DL stunts, and special teams tackling/ lanes or it wont matter anyways.
    I think we will and the Fins will win a close game 30-28
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. d-day beware!
    By Gonzo in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-11-2011, 04:55 PM
  2. Miami vs. Atlanta attn: Dolphans that live in Atlanta
    By Phinology in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-30-2009, 01:43 PM
  3. Beware of what you ask for......
    By WestPhish in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 10-13-2003, 02:13 PM
  4. Beware!! Read Now!!
    By Muck in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 07-31-2002, 12:25 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •