Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 7 of 48 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 473

Thread: *** Gators Football Thread ***

  1. -61
    HurriPhin's Avatar
    Waterlogged

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jun 2005
    Posts:
    2,877
    vCash:
    1000
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TedSlimmJr View Post
    Hey Hurri...I don't think that 26-3 beatdown where Miami could only muster up 140 yards of total offense was their 2nd hardest fought game last year

    Bama had the lead going into the 4th quarter of the SEC CG 20-17...

    I watched both of them just like you probably did....Miami hung in there with Florida for 3 quarters....

    But I think you'd admit you're stretching it here a little bit...
    I'm not admitting tihs. What "beatdown" where you watching? Kudos to your bloody Tide, but we held them to 1 TD and 132 total yards thru 3 qtrs with a very young and inexperienced team. Thug UF scored on their first drive and didn't see the endzone again until 3 minutes into the 4th quarter which no team was able to do to them all season. Of course a football game is played for 4 quarters and our lack of experience caught up with us and they did put two impressive drives together in the 4th and scored two TD's. Our anemic offense was more held in check by Nix and Marve than the ga*turds D. We also stopped the heralded Harvin who had a mere 27 rushing yards and only 1 catch for 12 yards. The U also held them to their 2nd lowest total yards all season (345, Vols held them to 243) with only 89 total rushing yards (55 by Teblow) and their lowest scoring output. The 23-3 final score plus the classless FG by Urban Meyer Wiener with 25 seconds left to cover the spread so the boosters would suck him off afterward doesn't tell the whole story of how close that game was.
    Quote Quote  

  2. -62
    Namor's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2005
    Posts:
    5,527
    vCash:
    7330
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I put on that old 70's record.."Why can't we be friends?"
    LOL
    Quote Quote  

  3. -63
    canesandbhoys's Avatar
    Seasoned Veteran

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2008
    Posts:
    598
    vCash:
    1000
    Loc:
    FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Good God, Tennessee is ridiculous.

    On offense, they're more worried about eating clock and taking time from Florida that they aren't willing to try to score. And why even put your QB out there if you have no confidence in him?

    On defense, they're so worried about the big play that they let the little plays go...
    Quote Quote  

  4. -64
    BobDole's Avatar
    Paddy's Pub

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2008
    Posts:
    6,969
    vCash:
    1178
    Loc:
    Boom City
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HurriPhin View Post
    Beating a dead horse is calling us Criminal U. Thug UF is the new trend that just started 3-4 years ago when Urban Meyer Wiener arrived. Whats with all the assclown talk and masturbating in feces? Maybe you guys in jorts can drink a lot, but yikes, I'd hate to see what happens when you rednecks get drunk.

    BTW, besides the ga*tors (I use the asterisk b/c I received a warning when I typed the "y") loss to the Rebels the Canes were your hardest fought game last year. There's no way you would stomp us this year. It would be a helluva game. I like how you consider FSU and GT "overrated" now just b/c we beat them. Whatever let's you sleep at night. Just be careful don't fall asleep next to that drunk redneck in jorts.
    beating a dead horse is saying something over and over and over again. like you've done many, many times with the schedule and jorts. a hypocrite is someone who calls UF a team full of thugs when UM basically invented that whole concept years back. see the difference?

    our hardest fought game last year was miami? the game that you guys put up 140 yards of total offense and a pathetic 79 passing yards? then lost 26-3? apparently you missed the SEC championship and national title games. way off brosef.

    it appears GT was overrated - i never said anything about FSU. everyone is on the same level in the ACC - that's what makes those conference games so exciting to watch. i have no hate towards anyone in that conference except FSU.

    i would rather talk about my gators than have the same argument with you ad nauseum.

    we didn't look that fantastic yesterday. i haven't re-watched it yet after getting black out drunk by halftime yesterday but from what i remember we played really conservative offense. thought for sure we'd try and run up the score on lane 'the mouth' kiffin. all i really remember about yesterday was watching some dude trying to do a key bump in the bathroom only to drop his bag in the urinal and do one anyway and laughing at some guy who was passed out in the gutter next to the bars who turned out to be an old friend of mine from college. good stuff.


    Quote Quote  

  5. -65
    Namor's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2005
    Posts:
    5,527
    vCash:
    7330
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BobDole View Post
    beating a dead horse is saying something over and over and over again. like you've done many, many times with the schedule and jorts. a hypocrite is someone who calls UF a team full of thugs when UM basically invented that whole concept years back. see the difference?

    our hardest fought game last year was miami? the game that you guys put up 140 yards of total offense and a pathetic 79 passing yards? then lost 26-3? apparently you missed the SEC championship and national title games. way off brosef.

    it appears GT was overrated - i never said anything about FSU. everyone is on the same level in the ACC - that's what makes those conference games so exciting to watch. i have no hate towards anyone in that conference except FSU.

    i would rather talk about my gators than have the same argument with you ad nauseum.

    we didn't look that fantastic yesterday. i haven't re-watched it yet after getting black out drunk by halftime yesterday but from what i remember we played really conservative offense. thought for sure we'd try and run up the score on lane 'the mouth' kiffin. all i really remember about yesterday was watching some dude trying to do a key bump in the bathroom only to drop his bag in the urinal and do one anyway and laughing at some guy who was passed out in the gutter next to the bars who turned out to be an old friend of mine from college. good stuff.
    Good post Bob..
    I'm tired of arguing with the ACC crowd.
    Don't worry..as a Bama fan,I'm still worried about the Gators.
    I think we are on course for a rematch in the SECCG.
    The thing about Kiffen is "he never was going to try win that
    game yesterday.All he was doing was slowing the game down to
    beat the spread and not get humiliated.
    Keeping it close and trying win in the fourth is one thing,but Lame
    Kiffen was just trying to keep the game from getting out of hand.
    To pull off a upset,you have to take a few chances.
    I think thats why Fla. looked a little sluggish.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -66
    BobDole's Avatar
    Paddy's Pub

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2008
    Posts:
    6,969
    vCash:
    1178
    Loc:
    Boom City
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Namor View Post
    Good post Bob..
    I'm tired of arguing with the ACC crowd.
    Don't worry..as a Bama fan,I'm still worried about the Gators.
    I think we are on course for a rematch in the SECCG.
    The thing about Kiffen is "he never was going to try win that
    game yesterday.All he was doing was slowing the game down to
    beat the spread and not get humiliated.
    Keeping it close and trying win in the fourth is one thing,but Lame
    Kiffen was just trying to keep the game from getting out of hand.
    To pull off a upset,you have to take a few chances.
    I think thats why Fla. looked a little sluggish.
    the SEC title rematch will in reality be the national championship game - just as it was last year. UF and alabama are probably the 2 best teams in college football - definitely scared of the tide. i'm re-watching the game right now and tennessee just looks like they're trying to eat up clock without even trying to score. talk about gutless football. kiffin strikes again.
    Quote Quote  

  7. -67
    CedarPhin's Avatar
    Finheaven Hall of Shame

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2008
    Posts:
    22,100
    vCash:
    1000
    Loc:
    Hotel California
    Thanks / No Thanks
    When they had 1st and 20 and ran 3 straight up the middle...you knew they weren't trying to win.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -68
    Namor's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2005
    Posts:
    5,527
    vCash:
    7330
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CedarPhin View Post
    When they had 1st and 20 and ran 3 straight up the middle...you knew they weren't trying to win.
    Hey Cedar..did you get my PM?
    Quote Quote  

  9. -69
    JCane's Avatar
    Administrator

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2008
    Posts:
    15,998
    vCash:
    9799
    Loc:
    Lauderville, Florilina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'm pretty thankful I didn't bet on the Gators like I had planned. Instead, I lost my *** on Nevada -3 lol. That said, I gotta be honest...I wasn't impressed with Florida at all. No flame...they just didn't look tough at all. If Tennessee had a half decent QB...they win that game. And I swear I will punch someone in the back of the face if I ever hear a "Taylor Mays is better than Eric Berry" argument EVER again lol.

    Quote Quote  

  10. -70
    CedarPhin's Avatar
    Finheaven Hall of Shame

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2008
    Posts:
    22,100
    vCash:
    1000
    Loc:
    Hotel California
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Namor View Post
    Hey Cedar..did you get my PM?
    Yeah man, sorry I didn't get back to you. I've been studying for the LSAT all day.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Official Florida Gators Thread
    By Dors156 in forum College Sports Forum
    Replies: 1817
    Last Post: 05-14-2008, 10:57 AM
  2. Gators Football Sig
    By GaToRcHoMP08 in forum Graphics Talk and Requests
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-26-2007, 05:39 PM
  3. Gators Basketball...still undefeated thread
    By Cuban Dave 9 in forum Other Sports
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-06-2006, 11:14 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •