Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

Thread: Madden2004 Online Play

1. -1
    Make me a sammich

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    York, Pa
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo

Madden2004 Online Play

I've only played Madden2004 on Gamecube and PS2 and they were both with the whole online play thing. My question is this:

Lets say I was playing Madden2004 online with Gamecube, is it possible to play against people playing it online with PS2?
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    FRESNO STATE BULLDOGS
    Thanks / No Thanks
    You can't play online with the Gamecube.

If all you're goin' on is my confession, forget it. I'm simply not credible. -Dale Gribble
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Make me a sammich

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    York, Pa
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Originally posted by wonderl33t
    You can't play online with the Gamecube.
    Not trying to be a d*ck, but yes you can. I do every other day. It is not the same as the Madden2004 online play for PS2 though. My cousin said that you can't get online with gamecube until I proved him wrong when I showed him and got on.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Ephemeral

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    How do you do it? I was under the assumption you couldn't......
    Coin toss at the Emerald Bowl......
    _
    "Darkness cannot drive out darkness, only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate, only love can do that..." ~ Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
    _
    "Seek to understand before you seek to be understood..."
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Cunning Linguist

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Honolulu, HI
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Originally posted by Phinz1972

Not trying to be a d*ck, but yes you can. I do every other day. It is not the same as the Madden2004 online play for PS2 though. My cousin said that you can't get online with gamecube until I proved him wrong when I showed him and got on.
    And I don't mean to be a dick either, but you're making up this bull****. The only version of Madden capable of Internet play is the PS2 version. Unless EA decided to sneak in a P2P or LAN option under our noses, the GameCube version of the game is neutered.
    You mustn't think dirty thoughts!
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Make me a sammich

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    York, Pa
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Originally posted by Kamikaze

And I don't mean to be a dick either, but you're making up this bull****. The only version of Madden capable of Internet play is the PS2 version. Unless EA decided to sneak in a P2P or LAN option under our noses, the GameCube version of the game is neutered.
    Ok, must I use my webcame to take screenshots of how my gamecube is connected to the internet, take screen shots of my tv hooked up to the gamecube that is hooked up to the net, then take screenshots of the tv screen while playing Madden2004 online with Gamecube?? If so, let me know so I can dig out my webcame or use my neighbors.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Make me a sammich

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    York, Pa
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Hmm, to answer my question and everybody's quick to assume that I can't get online with gamecube for Madden2004, I just talked to the guy that rigged my gamecube so I could play online and he told me that he switched chips from a PS2 to my gamecube. Looks like I better go buy a Gamecube just in case mine blows or something and a PS2 so I can play Madden2004 the legit way.
    Last edited by Phinz1972; 10-29-2003 at 06:58 AM.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Cunning Linguist

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Honolulu, HI
    Thanks / No Thanks

Ok, must I use my webcame to take screenshots of how my gamecube is connected to the internet, take screen shots of my tv hooked up to the gamecube that is hooked up to the net, then take screenshots of the tv screen while playing Madden2004 online with Gamecube?? If so, let me know so I can dig out my webcame or use my neighbors.

Hmm, to answer my question and everybody's quick to assume that I can't get online with gamecube for Madden2004, I just talked to the guy that rigged my gamecube so I could play online and he told me that he switched chips from a PS2 to my gamecube. Looks like I better go buy a Gamecube just in case mine blows or something and a PS2 so I can play Madden2004 the legit way.
    There is one, and only one way Madden 2004 could be played online with a GameCube. Somehow, someway, the developers had left in the COMPLETE coding for online play in the GameCube version and simply left people without a way to get to it. Maybe I could see them accidentally leaving in unfinished netcode, but then it wouldn't be compatible with their servers, and thus you wouldn't be able to play online at all. The chance of there being COMPLETE netcode hidden away is near zero.

Furthermore, had they actually been developing netcode for the Gamecube, their beta builds would have no doubt had a screen to access that feature. Somewhere along the line they could have decided to scrap it, and if they remove the screen to access that feature, they would have removed the coding as well. If for some reason that coding remained, it would obviously remain in its beta state.

A webcam picture won't prove crap. Too easy to fake. Provide me with a way to contact this fellow who "switched your chips". Provide me with a technical explanation for how playing Madden 2004 online with a GameCube would be possible. If this is indeed possible, I'm intrigued. But, if you can't provide me with a shred of hard fact or someone who is actually behind this, I think you're trying too hard to look "cool" because you can play Madden 2004 online with your GameCube.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    FRESNO STATE BULLDOGS
    Thanks / No Thanks

I want to see screenshots!

I would love to play Madden online on my GC. Too bad it's impossible
    Quote Quote