Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I for one, need to eat some crow.

1. -1
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pensacola, Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks

I for one, need to eat some crow.

Ok fellow Dolfans, I know I'm not alone here, but I did have some doubts about a rew of our players before yesterdays game.
    1. Cameron Wake- I did not see this guy producing much for this team. I saw this as another wasted roster spot as he has not been active before the Bills game. WOW did he produce!!!! 3 sacks in his first showing.
    2. Chad Henne- While i never talked negative about our guy, I also never had a lot of confidence in him. While he didn't have a lights out game, he did not turn the ball over.He was solid in his first start, and I believe he will only get better. Monday night will be a true test for Henne. But overall Great job from our man!!!!
    3. Secondary- they still did not do an amazing job, they held a good WR corps in check. They seem to be getting better. Wilson still needs to learn how to tackle. Smith and Davis did a superb job, with Davis grabbing a pick 6. I did do a lot of smack talking about our secondary the past few weeks, and I must say, over all, they did come to play yesterday. Crow eaten.
    Man I'm full from eating all this crow. Great win yesterday. GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Thanks "Disturbedshifty" for the awesome sig.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    ihaveprettyfeet

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Calgary Alberta
    Thanks / No Thanks
    CLassy man
    Dmitri Patterson gets indefinitely suspended for "not showing up" and Buttfumble got a raise for "not showing up" - go figure how the JESTS world works?
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa
    Thanks / No Thanks
    good job ... this is the exact reason why i dont make an assuption until i see some one play and play consistently. Im not ready to crown him a probowler yet...but its a good start

HOTTEST OWNERS IN THE GAME!!!
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Just for perspective sake, Davis's pick6 was great, but without it -or without a Fins win for that matter, today we'd be griping about the 2 big receptions Evans made on him.

Quote Quote  

5. -5
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rev kev View Post
    CLassy man
    thanks for noticing
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    ihaveprettyfeet

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Calgary Alberta
    Thanks / No Thanks
    BTW nobody said he was a PBer they simply said he was too good for the CFL...
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pensacola, Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rev kev View Post
    BTW nobody said he was a PBer they simply said he was too good for the CFL...
    I think we need to give him the nod again this week, and if he has another game like yesterday, we need to explore our options with Porter.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Finheaven Hall of Fame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Chandler, Arizona
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Way to step up, friend. We're only human, ya know?
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    U made the pudding but forgot the proof.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bpackers13 View Post
    Ok fellow Dolfans, I know I'm not alone here, but I did have some doubts about a rew of our players before yesterdays game.
    1. Cameron Wake- I did not see this guy producing much for this team. I saw this as another wasted roster spot as he has not been active before the Bills game. WOW did he produce!!!! 3 sacks in his first showing.
    2. Chad Henne- While i never talked negative about our guy, I also never had a lot of confidence in him. While he didn't have a lights out game, he did not turn the ball over.He was solid in his first start, and I believe he will only get better. Monday night will be a true test for Henne. But overall Great job from our man!!!!
    3. Secondary- they still did not do an amazing job, they held a good WR corps in check. They seem to be getting better. Wilson still needs to learn how to tackle. Smith and Davis did a superb job, with Davis grabbing a pick 6. I did do a lot of smack talking about our secondary the past few weeks, and I must say, over all, they did come to play yesterday. Crow eaten.
    Man I'm full from eating all this crow. Great win yesterday. GO DOLPHINS!!!!
    Always love it when guys man up and admit they might have been wrong or at least rushed their judgement a little... Personally I will always be happy to saddle up to a full plate of crow with a warm slice of humble pie if it means the Phins win...

I think your point about Henne and turnovers is a valid one... He didn't get too excited in game one and played under control... The big arm guys always tend to throw untimely picks (is there such a thing as a 'timely' pick?) So controlling the Turn overs is gonna be key for him... Good opener.

Wake was a beast in the CFL... Those of us like RevKev who were saying it... Were saying it from a perspective of having seen that kid play up there... He was ALWAYS double teamed and most often TRIPLED... In the great white north... I have always said that this 'level of competition' argument was bunk... A player is a player... Cam wake... IS A PLAYER.

Tks for the thread.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pensacola, Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fish-Head View Post
    Always love it when guys man up and admit they might have been wrong or at least rushed their judgement a little... Personally I will always be happy to saddle up to a full plate of crow with a warm slice of humble pie if it means the Phins win...

I think your point about Henne and turnovers is a valid one... He didn't get too excited in game one and played under control... The big arm guys always tend to throw untimely picks (is there such a thing as a 'timely' pick?) So controlling the Turn overs is gonna be key for him... Good opener.

Wake was a beast in the CFL... Those of us like RevKev who were saying it... Were saying it from a perspective of having seen that kid play up there... He was ALWAYS double teamed and most often TRIPLED... In the great white north... I have always said that this 'level of competition' argument was bunk... A player is a player... Cam wake... IS A PLAYER.

Tks for the thread.
    No problem. Thannks for your post. GO DOLPHINS!!!!
    Quote Quote