Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dont freak out about the saints...Giants #1 defensive ranking doesn't tell the story

1. -1
    You are TERMINATED!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Dont freak out about the saints...Giants #1 defensive ranking doesn't tell the story

Ok so the Giants got shredded yesterday and everyone is all OH MY GOD THEY ARE THE #1 D WHAT WILL WE DO. Well that ranking doesn't tell the whole story

Look at this...the giants have had 5 games against seriously offensively challenged teams. All of which have average to waaaaay below average o-lines. JUST LOOK at their schedule

Week 1 Redskins HAHAH THEY SUCK and cant move the ball against 11 guys on this forum

Week 2 Cowboys again Dallas is massively inconsistent one week score 40 next score 13 Romo is not efficient and not smart with the ball

Week 3 Tampa HAHAHA seriously they are offensively challenged BIG TIME

Week 4 KC uhhhh they are averaging like 10 points a game

Week 5 OAK please give me a break yes the beat the eagles but score 13 points in doing so and average under 10 a game

ok so look at it 5 weak teams none with very good offensive lines so it was easy to get pressure i think the giants didnt game plan well enough and thought they could just do their thing. Well they ran into a very good offensive team with a bye week so 2 weeks to prepare for you while you only had 5 days to prep for them.

the saints are good/great and we will have to play great but dont freak about their performance yesterday....the giants hadnt played anybody like them yet and it showed.

we have played three great Offensive teams...ATL, INDY, SD all of which we were in the game and could have won, but ran into some bad luck and didnt execute so we lost...i think we are better prepared than the giants and this game will be good

75% of the world is covered by water...The other 25% is covered by Sean Smith and Vontae Davis
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    NJ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Like the positive attitude...and with that we can do anything! LETS GO PHINS!
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I definitely love the way that you look at things. If our offense can do to the Saints what they did to the Colts by controlling the ball the majority of the game, we have a strong chance of beating this team.

GO DOLPHINS
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tucson, AZ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    On the flip side, we have faced Mattie Ice, Manning, and Rivers.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    the entire organization

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    U gotta remember the giants have a weak secondary. MaybE worse then us. They had no pass rush yesterday but the jets did. Pressure on brees will be the breaking point
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Sophisticated Redneck

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    out in the Ding Weeds
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The Giants are not a great football team on the defensive side of the ball. Not as good as the stats show. The Cowboys who have an above average offensive line piled up 250 yards rushing on the so called best d in the league. The Saints will have problems with our running attack.

What I worry about the most is stopping the pass.
    "I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally" ~ W.C. Fields

Quote Quote  

7. -7
    You are TERMINATED!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 67Stang View Post
    On the flip side, we have faced Mattie Ice, Manning, and Rivers.

yeah, just with the game tape and 2 weeks i think we can come up with a great game plan and maybe our D can make a few plays.....we need to pressure and just get our hands on the ball...even if it doesnt mean turnovers we need to get them off the field....they scored like 27 against the bills but that was close late it was like 13-7 in the 4th and scored 24 against the jest only 10 being on O.....we def need to play a disciplined game but they are beatable...should be a interesting game to watch
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Century City, Los Angeles
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Just in case tho I suggest we keep large quantities of RickyWeed on hand.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think the giants had some of their secondary missing, aaron ross and another guy i think.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    From Saints perspective, the "hit Brees in the mouth" theory of defending the Saints is raised every game. It's easier to say than to do. Don't put too much stock in the Jets game. The Saints got up early and basically ran the ball in the second half. Drew also narrowly missed a few big shots down field which would have altered the look of the stats. The Bills game was an interesting contrast. They dropped off into coverage pretty regularly and made Brees check down a lot. In the second half Payton relented and started to run the ball, piling up more than 200 yards rushing.
    Quote Quote