Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Saints @ Dolphins Preview: From a Saints fan

1. -1
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Saints @ Dolphins Preview: From a Saints fan

Hello Fin nation

As we all know the Saints travel to Landshark Stadium on Sunday. When looking at the Saints schedule in the pre-season, I expected us to have 1-2 losses at this point in the season. Luckily we survived the first five games. Well, not only survive, but we looked great. Something we havent seen in New Orleans since......well, ever. But this game week 7 is a scary one. Miami is a great team and in my opinion is under-rated. 3 losses, yes, but the schedule doesnt tell the whole story. This is a +.500 team that has faced some great opponents and came out on the wrong end. Im pretty sure we all know the strategies for both sides. Saints: score early, force them to abandon the wildcat and pass on our hot secondary. Dolphins: keep the ball out of Brees' hands, run Ronnie run. With a RB tandem as lethal as Ricky and Ronnie, I cant help but be a little nervous. We havent faced that kind of talent yet this year. And the talent we have faced hasnt been used to the full potential since most teams have been playing from behind. As a die-hard Saints fan I cant say I think we're going to lose. The same way I dont expect a Fins fan to blatantly say y'all will lose. But I do expect this one to be one of our toughest, closest games of the year. The two most exciting offenses in the NFL will be on the same field and its going to be fun.
    The key to the game for the Saints if forcing the Dolphins into 3rd and long and 2nd and long situations. Getting stops and getting the ball to our offense can win us the game.
    The key to the game for the Dolphins is to keep the offense on the field as long as possible, and also put pressure on Brees when the Saints do have the ball. Force him to make perfect throws and hope for a mistake to capitalize on.

My prediction: Saints 35, Dolphins 24

Should be a great game. Who Dat?!
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Califa
    Thanks / No Thanks
    That's good stuff.. It's gong to be brutal!
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    N.W. GA.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    nice write up,and it should definitely be a good game...
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    ct.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    its a good post by you..its nice that you come on here and discuss the upcoming game about your team without breaking balls like the jet fans..its gonna be a tough game for the dolphins to win..our secondary has been brutal all year and we have to get some picks..the saints will probably have a tough time with the wildcat..hopefully darren sharper won't force henne into many mistakes..the dolphins have to keep that high-powered offense off the field to win..
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Louisville, Ky
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Nailed the game plans on the head man.

It's gonna be a fun game to watch that is for sure.

The Saints passing game worries me to no end. Darren Sharper is a Hawk for your Defense.

The question for you is can you stop the R&R express? The question for us is can we Establish enough pressure to rattle Breesus? If that is even possible. LOL. I mean it looked to me that the Giants were getting pretty good pressure and Brees just would step up in the pocket and throw darts. Scary Good. I mean I am not on his jock or anything but I really wanted us to land him back in 06'.

In nutshell.... Really looking forward to the game.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Teddy Westside

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wichita, Kansas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Without a doubt, the best team we will face this season.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Louisville, Ky
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jd13 View Post
    its a good post by you..its nice that you come on here and discuss the upcoming game about your team without breaking balls like the jet fans..its gonna be a tough game for the dolphins to win..our secondary has been brutal all year and we have to get some picks..the saints will probably have a tough time with the wildcat..hopefully darren sharper won't force henne into many mistakes..the dolphins have to keep that high-powered offense off the field to win..
    I agree with you on that man. We need to execute the game plan we did against Colts. With the change at the QB position we are an improved offense( though only two games of proof). The threat of the deep ball really balances out our Offense. We find ourselves in a situation that we don't have to always depend on the run. I personally like using the run to set-up the play action pass. Really excited at the potential of this team. Good Times ahead. Go Phins!!!
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Louisville, Ky
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted View Post
    Without a doubt, the best team we will face this season.
    For sure. Yet another chance to go out and make a statement against the Best in the League. We should all be jacked for this game.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    when is the last time hte MIAMI DOLPHINS were considered one of the best and one of the most exciting/fun teams to watch? Even ESPN said it after our Monday game.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'm happy for the Saints because they have had a tough time over the years. Thanks for comming on and being civil and informative.

I think we have a chance if we repeat the same game plan as we did against the Colts. Keeping the ball out of Breezes hands by controlling the clock is crucial for us in this game and we need to have a stellar pass rush. If we can clean up our fundamentals and safties play, I think we might come away with a win.
    Quote Quote