Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Zebras 1 Fins 1

  1. -1
    Predaphin's Avatar
    Predator in the Water

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Oct 2001
    Posts:
    12,463
    vCash:
    1221
    Loc:
    In the water
    Thanks / No Thanks

    Zebras 1 Fins 1

    After defeating the Zebras on Monday night 2 weeks ago, the Fins found themselves once again having to battle it out on the last minute drive vs. the Zebras.

    After the Fins took an early lead on the Zebras by not letting them review a dropped pass by Davone Bess early in the game, the Zebras fought back hard, especially in the final minutes of the game. The Zebras took the lead and sealed the game when they called Hartline for a forward laderal.

    Clearly, no one was in the area and one could argue Hartline was simply trying to make a play by diving and fully extending his body towards the sideline when the ball came loose. Whether he did it on purpose or not, it was clearly a fumble and nowhere near a laderal pass or toss.

    The Zebras are now tied with the fins after losing to them on Monday night.
    It will be a long tough season if the Dolphins have to continue beating the Zebras.
    Quote Quote  

  2. -2
    Genesis

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2007
    Posts:
    1,125
    vCash:
    1177
    Thanks / No Thanks
    LMAO.. thanks for the laugh after the disaster yesterday... ive never seem so many bad calls...
    camarill and the forward pass was classic.. the ball NEVER went FORWARD! lol!
    sharper fumbled before getting into the endzone. it was clear and obvious.
    colston fumbled and got another play when the 1st half should have ended!!
    Quote Quote  

  3. -3
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Oct 2009
    Posts:
    136
    vCash:
    1000
    Thanks / No Thanks
    hmmm shouldnt it be zebras - 4

    you guys are 2-4, and every loss is on the refs
    Quote Quote  

  4. -4
    SpaceMountain16's Avatar
    Disgruntled

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2006
    Posts:
    7,290
    vCash:
    1287
    Loc:
    Purgatory
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I can't believe Camarillo got penalized for playing smart football. Thats the worst interpretation of a rule i've ever seen.

    Although i wouldn't say the refs cost us the game as much as poor coverage, terrible play calling and turnovers.
    "I told the team 7-9 is mediocre, and mediocrity is not going to be accepted here" - Tony Sparano

    "Well the cool breeze came on Tuesday, And the corn's a bumper crop
    And the fields are full of dancin' Full of singin' and romancin'
    The music never stopped." - Bob Weir

    Quote Quote  

  5. -5
    C-HUCKS's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2006
    Posts:
    382
    vCash:
    1000
    Loc:
    Daytona Beach FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I am sory but a team that cant tackle like we displayed in the 2nd half of this game does not deserve to win in the NFL. This lose is on the Defense and the poor play calling. The tackling on the Schockley pass shoulkd be a disgrace, even kids in pop warner shoukld be able to make that tackle. When you play like that you deserv e to lose. What if we did get those call, you are telling me the saints don't score. i am sorry but in tghe 2nd half our defense couldn't stop a high school team. Please quit making excuses for our pitful defense!
    Quote Quote  

  6. -6
    nyjunc's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    27,990
    vCash:
    19374
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaceMountain16 View Post
    I can't believe Camarillo got penalized for playing smart football. Thats the worst interpretation of a rule i've ever seen.

    Although i wouldn't say the refs cost us the game as much as poor coverage, terrible play calling and turnovers.
    That was an asinine play. You had plenty of time, there was no need to try to throw it out of bounds.

    Do you guys whine about the refs every game?
    Quote Quote  

  7. -7
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2004
    Posts:
    443
    vCash:
    1307
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Camarillo intentionally rolled the ball out of bounds. The only thing that amazed me was that the ref caught it. When it happened live it looked like a fumble. During the replay it was clearly intentional. On the Sharper TD, I believe the ball was loose before the goal-line, but no camera angle substantiated that. I blame poor placement of cameras as much as anything for that. None of the replays on TV made it absolutely clear when he lost control. As a Dolphin fan, I KNEW he lost it before the goal line... but the booth reviewers are not Fins fans. The refs did not lose this one for us. Poor execution on both sides of the ball (and special teams) did. Fumbles, drops, missed tackles, ridiculous play calls, etc. I didn't see a blatant miss-call all day. New Orleans is better than us, and we blew an opportunity when we caught them with their pants down early. Plain and simple.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -8
    Behind enemy lines

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Nov 2005
    Posts:
    224
    vCash:
    1198
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Predaphin View Post
    After defeating the Zebras on Monday night 2 weeks ago, the Fins found themselves once again having to battle it out on the last minute drive vs. the Zebras.

    After the Fins took an early lead on the Zebras by not letting them review a dropped pass by Davone Bess early in the game, the Zebras fought back hard, especially in the final minutes of the game. The Zebras took the lead and sealed the game when they called Hartline for a forward laderal.

    Clearly, no one was in the area and one could argue Hartline was simply trying to make a play by diving and fully extending his body towards the sideline when the ball came loose. Whether he did it on purpose or not, it was clearly a fumble and nowhere near a laderal pass or toss.

    The Zebras are now tied with the fins after losing to them on Monday night.
    It will be a long tough season if the Dolphins have to continue beating the Zebras.
    I agree with this. I believe his intent was to extend his arms to get out of bounds but he just couldn't make it. The problem is he didn't have to do that. The ref's could have just as easily picked up the flag and made it a no call. Either way, we still had 3 downs to get a 1st and move the ball and failed to do so.
    Quote Quote  

  9. -9
    rev kev's Avatar
    ihaveprettyfeet

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    7,967
    vCash:
    8684
    Loc:
    Calgary Alberta
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    That was an asinine play. You had plenty of time, there was no need to try to throw it out of bounds.

    Do you guys whine about the refs every game?
    Kettle calling the pot black... :serenades:
    Quote Quote  

  10. -10
    Chubby's Avatar
    SUPERFAN

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2002
    Posts:
    6,610
    vCash:
    2737
    Loc:
    Homestead, FL.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    No need to make excuses, we lost the game. We had every opportunity to make any call by any Ref irrelevant and we failed.
    Chubbs
    FINS OR DIE!!!!!!

    Want-Goodell to be Impeached.
    Follow me on on Twitter www.twitter.com/FinFanChubby

    In psychology, Stockholm Syndrome is an apparently paradoxical psychological phenomenon in which hostages express empathy and have positive feelings towards their captors, sometimes to the point of defending them. "[6]
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Et Tu, officials? Why the screwjob by the zebras?
    By iamtiv in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 11-18-2012, 05:41 AM
  2. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-16-2010, 08:58 AM
  3. New Orleans Zebras
    By dolfan94 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 10-25-2009, 10:38 PM
  4. Zebras
    By elliott in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-25-2009, 09:14 PM
  5. Penalties, Zebras, and Wolves
    By FinFan57 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 10-12-2005, 06:07 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •