Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Leading Climate Scientist: Cap and Trade Could Ruin US Economy

1. -1
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Leading Climate Scientist: Cap and Trade Could Ruin US Economy

As debate over climate change legislation heats up on Capitol Hill, the Director of the University of Montana’s Climate Change Studies Program, and a co-author of a Nobel Prize winning report, says cap and trade legislation could ruin the US economy.

During a Wednesday morning interview with statewide radio talk show host Aaron Flint on “Voices of Montana,” Dr. Steve Running said any climate change solution needs to involve all nations.

“We have to have all the major nations in agreement on future progress,” said Running.

Running is a co-author of the Nobel Prize winning Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, and founder of the Climate Change Studies program at the University of Montana. He added, “If the US passed a cap and trade and other countries did not, it wouldn’t work. It would ruin the US economy and it wouldn’t save the climate either. So this is a global issue, the global climate statistics are global in nature, global carbon emissions are global in nature, and we really have to have an international consensus of what to do. That is going to stretch our international diplomacy to its limit, there’s no doubt about that.”

Nonetheless, Running called on the United States to show leadership on the issue of addressing climate change, saying other countries will follow suit.
    http://northernbroadcasting.com/NEWS...3/Default.aspx

"Politics is the Art of Looking for Trouble, Finding it Everywhere, Diagnosing it Incorrectly, and Applying the Wrong Remedies"
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    SUPERFAN

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Homestead, FL.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Halo Legendary
Gift received at 06-10-2014, 02:54 AM from DisturbedShifty
Message: Here ya go man.  In the future things like this are in the vShopXbox Logo
Gift received at 04-30-2014, 02:53 PM from DisturbedShifty
    This next fight is going to be ugly in Washington. I stand completely against C&T, and I am hoping that during these debates the fraud that is Al Gore will be shown to the world.
    Chubbs
    FINS OR DIE!!!!!!

Want-Goodell to be Impeached.
    Follow me on on Twitter www.twitter.com/FinFanChubby

In psychology, Stockholm Syndrome is an apparently paradoxical psychological phenomenon in which hostages express empathy and have positive feelings towards their captors, sometimes to the point of defending them. "[6]
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Reach for the Stars

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Maryland
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I don't know it C & T will kill our economy and I don't know if it won't, I don't think any average american knows enough about this to make a proper judgement. So I'm going to take a wait and see approach on this, because our history has shown that ppl always predict doom and loom on something that we haven't tried before, only see that there's no real impact at all..
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MDFINFAN View Post
    I don't know it C & T will kill our economy and I don't know if it won't, I don't think any average american knows enough about this to make a proper judgement. So I'm going to take a wait and see approach on this, because our history has shown that ppl always predict doom and loom on something that we haven't tried before, only see that there's no real impact at all..

It will impact our electric bill. That's for sure. That's the last thing we need in this economy. A tax increase on our bills.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Reach for the Stars

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Maryland
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphins9954 View Post
    It will impact our electric bill. That's for sure. That's the last thing we need in this economy. A tax increase on our bills.
    They said that when it passed and I haven't seen a difference in my electric bill yet, and it's been months since this thing passed.. Like I said I'll wait and see on this..in the future if what you said comes to pass then I'll acknowledge it as a failure..but so far I'm not seeing the impact.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    They said that when it passed and I haven't seen a difference in my electric bill yet, and it's been months since this thing passed.. Like I said I'll wait and see on this..in the future if what you said comes to pass then I'll acknowledge it as a failure..but so far I'm not seeing the impact.

since you dont believe anyone else. you can believe your leader, he even admitted that your electric bill will go up. by your thought, i dont think we know enough about climate change to make such a transform.

http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2009/09...y5314040.shtml
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    SUPERFAN

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Homestead, FL.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Halo Legendary
Message: Here ya go man.  In the future things like this are in the vShopXbox Logo
    This "Will" impose fines and heavy costs on the electrical companies. Where do you think those costs will go? Do you reallly beleive they are going to eat it? Come on.
    Chubbs
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Reach for the Stars

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Maryland
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jared81 View Post
    since you dont believe anyone else. you can believe your leader, he even admitted that your electric bill will go up. by your thought, i dont think we know enough about climate change to make such a transform.

http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2009/09...y5314040.shtml

All I'm saying is I haven't see the change in my electric bill, even before this bill, my electric company had been raising rates. So to me with or without the bill, my electric rates had increased. I haven't seen any additional rate hikes as a result of that bill that passed a couple of months ago.. that's my story and I'm sticking to it, until I see a major change as a result of this bill.. it' s been months.. have any of you experience a drastic change in your electric bill as a result of it? I haven't.. as I said if there's a drastic change then I'll acknowledge it as a failure, (when, not if, it happens), that's all I'm saying..
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    All I'm saying is I haven't see the change in my electric bill, even before this bill, my electric company had been raising rates. So to me with or without the bill, my electric rates had increased. I haven't seen any additional rate hikes as a result of that bill that passed a couple of months ago.. that's my story and I'm sticking to it, until I see a major change as a result of this bill.. it' s been months.. have any of you experience a drastic change in your electric bill as a result of it? I haven't.. as I said if there's a drastic change then I'll acknowledge it as a failure, (when, not if, it happens), that's all I'm saying..
    It will only be a matter of time before it happens. The electric and energy companies will only pass of the taxes and fees to the consumer. Give it time and you will notice.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    SUPERFAN

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Homestead, FL.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Halo Legendary
    But its the C&T Bill that they want to pass in the next few months which will change everything. By the time you see your bill go up after that it will be too late.
    Chubbs
    Quote Quote