Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Michael Moore: "I am so glad we have that man in the White House."

1. -1
    follow me at @moejo31

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    ALABAMA
    Thanks / No Thanks

Michael Moore: "I am so glad we have that man in the White House."

On Larry King Live Thursday night, Michael Moore was asked about Obama going to Dover, his up-coming decision on Afghanistan, and more. This was the exchange:

KING: What do you mean -- he attended the transfer of bodies at Dover Air Force Base today, of 15 U.S. soldiers were killed in Afghanistan, powerful media images. President Bush did not, he focused away from that. What did you think of that?

MOORE: I thought that was -- I thought that was a very moving, sad, profound moment.

I am so glad we have that man in the White House. Even though I may have whatever disagreements I may have or I wish things were moving faster or whatever, to see that there today, Larry, to show that kind of concern that we never saw in the last eight years, thousands of our young boys and girls gone, dead, returning home, no pictures, no pictures allowed.

And then for him to stand there today proudly as the commander in chief, and to be there for them and for their families, I know this is weighing on him. And I'm going to trust in all my heart that he's going to make the right decision, that he doesn't want this to be called "Obama's war." This cannot be his Vietnam. I don't believe he's going to let that happen.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0910/29/lkl.01.h...

I agree with him. How 'bout you?
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Moore is a fake and a tool for the democrats. Everything he attacked Bush for he gives Obama a pass on. EVERYTHING!!! From war, debt, bailouts, corporatism and loss of liberties. Moore proves time and time again that he's full of it.

"Politics is the Art of Looking for Trouble, Finding it Everywhere, Diagnosing it Incorrectly, and Applying the Wrong Remedies"
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    not to be insensative. but the only reason why obama went to dover is because his poll numbers have taken a hit on his credibility towards afghanistan, and the best way to buy some time before todays elections was to act like you really give a crap about the troops, when we all know he doesnt. there i said it, hate me.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Galloway, NJ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jared81 View Post
    not to be insensative. but the only reason why obama went to dover is because his poll numbers have taken a hit on his credibility towards afghanistan, and the best way to buy some time before todays elections was to act like you really give a crap about the troops, when we all know he doesnt. there i said it, hate me.
    Can't hate you for telling the truth.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Galloway, NJ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Moore is a joke. The world would be a better place if he was not in it.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Galloway, NJ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    BTW, nobody knows how many times President George Bush went to Dover or anything he did for the troops because he did not turn it into a "photo op."
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    follow me at @moejo31

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    ALABAMA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Liz Cheney - 'nuff said

by
    BarbinMD

Fri Oct 30, 2009 at 10:22:08 AM PDT

Is anyone surprised that Liz Cheney would find fault with Barack Obama honoring soldiers killed in action?
    I think that what President Bush used to do is do it without the cameras.
    No, what Bush and Liz's daddy, Dick "Five Deferments" Cheney used to do was to pretend the thousands of caskets that arrived at Dover Air Force base didn't exist.

bush never greeted the fallen troops

http://www.google.com/search?sourcei...+fallen+troops+
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    cowboy surfer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Los Angeles
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Moore looks unstable when he talks about Obama. Kind of like "warmers" preaching the global warming, now climate change script. It all starts getting fuzzy when you get down to details.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    You're standing on my neck

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Gainesville, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by finataxia24 View Post
    On Larry King Live Thursday night, Michael Moore was asked about Obama going to Dover, his up-coming decision on Afghanistan, and more. This was the exchange:

KING: What do you mean -- he attended the transfer of bodies at Dover Air Force Base today, of 15 U.S. soldiers were killed in Afghanistan, powerful media images. President Bush did not, he focused away from that. What did you think of that?

MOORE: I thought that was -- I thought that was a very moving, sad, profound moment.

I am so glad we have that man in the White House. Even though I may have whatever disagreements I may have or I wish things were moving faster or whatever, to see that there today, Larry, to show that kind of concern that we never saw in the last eight years, thousands of our young boys and girls gone, dead, returning home, no pictures, no pictures allowed.

And then for him to stand there today proudly as the commander in chief, and to be there for them and for their families, I know this is weighing on him. And I'm going to trust in all my heart that he's going to make the right decision, that he doesn't want this to be called "Obama's war." This cannot be his Vietnam. I don't believe he's going to let that happen.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0910/29/lkl.01.h...

I agree with him. How 'bout you?
    I don't agree with him, but that's probably because I'm a cynic.

I think Moore is going to be disappointed. He's obviously frustrated so far, but he continues to hope that Obama will turn into the real deal.

Maybe he will and maybe he won't, but I'm not going to hold my breath. The only thing I hold comfort in right now, is that Obama is not an inept buffoon.
    Not every human is a manipulative, opportunistic, letch... or at least that's what I'm told.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Galloway, NJ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesBW43 View Post
    I don't agree with him, but that's probably because I'm a cynic.

I think Moore is going to be disappointed. He's obviously frustrated so far, but he continues to hope that Obama will turn into the real deal.

Maybe he will and maybe he won't, but I'm not going to hold my breath. The only thing I hold comfort in right now, is that Obama is not an inept buffoon.
    Based on what?
    Quote Quote